Cain vs. Cro Cop

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cain vs. Cro Cop
POLL: Mirko and Cain in a hard hitting battle of tough guys
LHK 53% (10)
ASU 47% (9)
MoJoy
7/20/08 11:38:02PM
I am doing this poll cause I am curious to think if Cain is as good as I think he is. He reminds me of Randy Coutoure. Same size and style. Cro Cop is no longer viewed in the top 10 for heavies in most minds, but hes still a more than formidable opponent. I am gonna do a bunch of polls involving Velasquez this is the start of those. Take your vote.
Jackelope
7/20/08 11:47:36PM
I really wouldn't suggest flooding the boards with these polls. But if you must insist-

Crocop's striking and MMA experience far outweigh anything Cain brings to the table. I think in 5 years Cain will be a top 5 in the heavyweight division rankings, but for right now he's tailor made for a Crocop LHK.
MoJoy
7/21/08 12:01:32AM
Why I was wowed by Cains showing. And I wanna make some polls to see what people think of him. Where is the harm in that? I respect your reasoning but at least express it. I think its rather interesting. Thats why I polled it. I am taking Cain cause he is more well rounded. Its a tossup.
Mchubb316
7/21/08 12:23:23AM
Cain is still new, and fairly untested. CroCop has been in there with the best in the world. Right now CroCop I think wins this. I also think you can get peoples opinion on Velasquez without making several topics with polls. Most of the time if you ask whay the other people on the board think about a fighter in general you will get your answer.
Jackelope
7/21/08 12:28:27AM

Posted by MoJoy

Why I was wowed by Cains showing. And I wanna make some polls to see what people think of him. Where is the harm in that? I respect your reasoning but at least express it. I think its rather interesting. Thats why I polled it. I am taking Cain cause he is more well rounded. Its a tossup.

Yeah, man.. it's nothing personal. People just tend to get annoyed when dudes come in here and make a bunch of polls about one fighter. There have been people who did it in the past with Kimbo, Rich Franklin, etc. etc.

A better idea is to just post one topic and say something along the lines (with elaboration)

"I think Cain Velasquez has a very bright future in MMA. As he matures in the sport, what would you all think about fights with

Crocop
Herring
Kongo
insert whatever names following..."

People generally like it when you put it in an easy to copy and paste format so they can just switch out the answers like this-

Cain vs. Crocop- Cain rd 1 KO
Cain vs. Herring- Cain rd 1 KO
Cain vs. Kongo- Cain rd 1 KO

If you want to you can even elaborate on said fights, too.

I'm not posting all of this to be a jerk... I'm just letting you know how to get your best responses around here
MMA4EVER
7/21/08 12:30:09AM
Cain isnt ready 4 someone like CroCop Mirko would knock cain silly
DJDark41
7/21/08 12:31:05AM
Oh God, you again? Anyway... CroCop would win. Cain doesn't have the experience to beat a crafty veteran like Mirko.
MoJoy
7/21/08 12:48:45AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by MoJoy

Yeah, man.. it's nothing personal. People just tend to get annoyed when dudes come in here and make a bunch of polls about one fighter. There have been people who did it in the past with Kimbo, Rich Franklin, etc. etc.

A better idea is to just post one topic and say something along the lines (with elaboration)

"I think Cain Velasquez has a very bright future in MMA. As he matures in the sport, what would you all think about fights with

Crocop
Herring
Kongo
insert whatever names following..."

I appreciate all that. You made some great points. Ill take heed to some of it.

People generally like it when you put it in an easy to copy and paste format so they can just switch out the answers like this-

Cain vs. Crocop- Cain rd 1 KO
Cain vs. Herring- Cain rd 1 KO
Cain vs. Kongo- Cain rd 1 KO

If you want to you can even elaborate on said fights, too.

I'm not posting all of this to be a jerk... I'm just letting you know how to get your best responses around here