When will see Cain and Carwin fighting

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » When will see Cain and Carwin fighting
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 9:11:33PM
Top compitition. I think they've done enough to prove that. Werid matchmaking. They got Gonzaga against a can, he should be fighting one of these guys. Especially Carwin, he already in his mid 30's. I think they way they have handled themselves they deserve to be fighting better compition.
nickcuc547
9/7/08 9:16:29PM
gonzaga would beat both of these guys right now, the ufc is trying to build them up which is a smart move. both of these guys will be good, but they aren't ready for gonzaga's combination of power and jiu jitsu. i don't think either of them are ready for chieck kongo either to be honest with, as good as they are and will be.
MALICE
9/7/08 9:23:50PM
Carwin only has 1 fight in the UFC. Not enough to prove anything. His record is impressive, but records don't mean anything. Needs 1 or 2 more fights before moving to top competition.

And Cane only has 2 fights in the UFC. 1 of which he was DQ. And he has his hands full with Soko at UFC 89. A very tough opponent. Formerly recognised as a top 10 LHW.
nickcuc547
9/7/08 9:31:17PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

And Cane only has 2 fights in the UFC. 1 of which he was DQ. And he has his hands full with Soko at UFC 89. A very tough opponent. Formerly recognised as a top 10 LHW.

i think he's talking about cain velazquez, but you are right about luis cane though.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 9:42:00PM
WIth that Cain Velasquez did to Jake Obrien. I would have a tough time picking Gonzaga against him.
MALICE
9/7/08 9:44:24PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by xxMALICExx

i think he's talking about cain velazquez, but you are right about luis cane though.

Well that makes more sense. Guess I should have read it better.

Cain has looked very good. 2 fights finished in just over 4 minutes.

You are right. It would be a good matchup. Guess the UFC thought otherwise.
MMA
9/7/08 10:09:58PM

Posted by nickcuc547

gonzaga would beat both of these guys right now, the ufc is trying to build them up which is a smart move. both of these guys will be good, but they aren't ready for gonzaga's combination of power and jiu jitsu. i don't think either of them are ready for chieck kongo either to be honest with, as good as they are and will be.

Maybe Carwin but Cain is apparently a very accomplished wrestler with improved striking and grappling. He's suppose to be a better prospect than Koscheck.