Cage Or Ring? What do you think?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cage Or Ring? What do you think?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
disciple
9/2/07 6:13:54PM
If I am attending a live event then I want the ring so I can see the action better. If I am watching on TV then I don't care since the cameras take care of my view.
chris91301
9/7/07 12:21:30AM
i was always more of a pride fan because cage is an advantage to wrestlers while ring is a little bit more old school and is in favor of stand up. pride is known for more stand up's then ufc.

with a ring a fighter cant just drag another fighter into the fense and pound away. and ring is a little easier to see the fights in if you are in the crowd. other then that dont care much.

Also would like cage more if they allowed stand up guys to hold on to the fense then to prevent being taken down since it is ok to push someone against it in order to take them down.

Ring all the way!!!
loonytnt
9/15/07 6:12:45PM
cage all the way
cmill21
9/15/07 6:29:35PM
I still think the cage seems more barbaric. I don't like the cage and never will. It's more condusive to boring fighters that are great grapplers. I like strikers and strikers like rings.
Chris_Rendleman
9/21/07 6:18:29PM
Ring! i love the ring
FRRUNKIS
9/22/07 8:57:16PM
HERE IT IS

USA UFC KEEP THE CAGE
PRIDE JAPS KEEP THE RING TO THEM IT WOULD BE LIKE ENCLOSING A BASEBALL FIELD AND MAKING IT KICKBALL RULES....WAIT THAN I MAY WATCH BASEBALL(THANKS GEORGE CARLIN)

PERSONALLY I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE FIGHT KEEP GOING AGAINST THE CAGE RATHER THAN THE FIGHT STOPPED CAUSE THE GUYS HEAD IS LAYING ON BAS RUTTEN LAP
fightdavejordan
9/26/07 11:46:31AM
i thank that a kage is the shit
Conartist
9/26/07 7:25:10PM
While I realize the advantages of a Cage keeping the action in the center, I'd like Pride to keep its ring. If it were up to me, I'd try to make it so that each fight alternates between a Ring and a Cage to mix things up.
Azzkiker
9/27/07 8:43:46PM
I think the cage adds a good gladiator feelto the fight. The ring is a traditional place but the cage gives it a more ominious feeling like there is some bad shit about to happen.
smky213
9/29/07 1:08:13PM
i think they should also do both like a couple riged events and caged ones
HulkRage
9/30/07 12:54:50PM
I like the ring for the open view, but the cage for all other reasons ( less interferance, no getting away by tucking under the ropes and others) Overall the cage.
GTS
10/2/07 1:13:30AM
cage
nWo
10/9/07 2:10:23PM
the cage is a weapon
fat2rak005
10/19/07 2:19:46AM
i like the cage more. there is less time waisted standing the fighters up when they are at risk of falling out of the ring. and i also like how the cage is used in people strategies and defenses.
atlas777
11/1/07 10:57:19AM
I prefer the cage its more exciting with the gladiator feel to it plus the fight doesnt get stopped as much. I prefer the good old octagon.
hunterlcs92
11/2/07 9:01:28PM
no way in hell ufc will dump the cage. i think it should stay howit is. that way theres a taste of each
KYGUY07
11/5/07 10:50:21AM
ufc would never dump the cage it would be stupid.
MMAFightClothes
11/13/07 7:14:02PM
I say the cage because I don't like it when the fight gets stopped to move them to the center.

Kevin
MMA Fight Clothes
KeNn
11/15/07 1:07:13PM
LOL the cage for sure
stickyhash421
11/25/07 5:54:08PM
make it half and half, that would look weird as hell

but make it the shape of a hexagon with 3 sides of ropes and 3 sides of cage
SexPanther
11/27/07 5:33:44PM
as dumb as it sounds i really think half and half would be a great idea
GodofWar
12/5/07 11:25:45PM
the ring is by far the best.
1. no walls = 4 point attacks
2. no walls = cornering and a cro cop come back lol
3. you cant pin someone up against the cage and hold them there (standing or on the ground)

p.s.
pride rules were better, yellow cards need to be in the ufc
Webbie
12/7/07 9:48:58PM
I’d prefer to fight in a cage, but I think I’d almost rather watch fights in a ring. However, getting caught up in the ropes and having to restart the fights in the center of the ring from time to time is annoying enough for me to enjoy a cage just as much as a ring. Also, there were times in PRIDE where a fighter would have their opponent rocked and then end up on top of him, but against the ropes, and the referee would end up stopping the action to restart it in the center of the ring, which gives the rocked fighter more of a chance to recover than if the fight were taking place in a cage and they wouldn't have needed to stop the action at all.

My personal preference: cage.
rockernhb
12/8/07 11:12:14AM
I say they should have both and use them in different areas. That way everyone will have to experience both. And we can see who the real champions are when they have to fight in both...
chris_leben_rules
12/31/07 1:33:33AM
UFC will never get rid of the octagon anyways its their trademak
billy393
1/9/08 4:54:54AM
Any sort of cage has my vote. However it is sometimes funny when fighters get suplexed or taken down through the ring ropes hehe.
Kracker_Jap
1/10/08 1:26:38AM
Cage > Ring

The ring is for boxing
StevenSeagal
1/17/08 3:14:40PM

Posted by GodofWar

the ring is by far the best.
1. no walls = 4 point attacks
2. no walls = cornering and a cro cop come back lol
3. you cant pin someone up against the cage and hold them there (standing or on the ground)

p.s.
pride rules were better, yellow cards need to be in the ufc

word. ring x1000
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 1:29:44PM
dam i really like that idea of a hybrid half cage half ring

like a hexagon with 3sides of each every other side on the hexagon or octagon
RMFG_187
2/14/08 10:48:58AM
i have trained and fought in both. cage is too complicated. so many little things too know when fighting in one. like where the actual cage is, at the bottom, theres a groove, thats why u see fighter with there feet parallel to the cage hugging the bottom, keeps balance.

ring is no different. there are different ways you can lean against the ropes to give u leverage and give u the ability to lean more than u can do with out support.

it should just be a mat. no ropes no cage just a mat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5