Cage Rage 27: Step Up (12th July)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cage Rage 27: Step Up (12th July)
Ben_Hutch
6/25/08 9:26:45AM
Phil Baroni vs. Scott Jansen - WW
Robert Berry vs. Neil Grove - HW
James McSweeney vs. Mustapha Alturk - HW British Title
John Phillips vs. Tom Watson - MW

Stav Economou vs. Piotor Kusmierz - HW
Ashleigh Grimshaw vs. Robbie Olivier - FW British TItle
Cristian Binda vs. Brad Pickett - FW
Eva Liskova vs. Aisling Daley - FW
Jason Young vs. Francis Heagney - LW British Title
Mark Brown vs. Wessley Johnson - 77kg
Umidjon Mavlyanov vs. Jody Cottham - LW
James Elson vs. Dave Van Gas - MW
CornishMMA
6/25/08 10:50:20AM
where is ziggy from big brother then???? *refuses to watch now*

WAR BARONI
theman209
6/25/08 11:18:33AM
Considering the event is only just over a fortnight away, I was wondering whether this was gonna be added to the secondary league picks. We've covered all Cage Rage events thus far and they only have an event like once every 2-3 months.

C'mon, admins!!
CornishMMA
6/25/08 11:22:16AM

Posted by theman209

Considering the event is only just over a fortnight away, I was wondering whether this was gonna be added to the secondary league picks. We've covered all Cage Rage events thus far and they only have an event like once every 2-3 months.

C'mon, admins!!

Yes they need to add it BEFORE the strikeforce event but have likely left it until now cos the cars change so much and its a hassle for them updating it, we only need a few weeks anyway, im sure it will be added in the next few days, otherwise when the next events wagers are calculated the affliction show will be on instead of this one!
Ben_Hutch
6/25/08 7:12:40PM
I'm going to this event, i go to nearly all Cage Rage events, I'm a but of a CR keen-o to be honest. It'll be good to see Brad fighting live, seeing as his last fight at CR was in Birmingham, he's a great lad.
CornishMMA
6/26/08 8:42:03AM
So you have seen your lifetimes quota of slutty dancers then Ben! why do they whack 30 of them out there? And with those tacky ref style outfits

I seriously hate the cage rage production, its so embarrassing for us

Funny when the unscrpited stuff happens tho, like Semtex calls Mills a "flash c***", and Freeman gets kicked out of Tanks room, or when the pikey announcer messes up his lines

"so you who do wanna fight next eh ................ ?"
ACER
6/26/08 9:50:32AM
look out for the mmhitpit.com logo on Jason Young's shorts
Ben_Hutch
6/26/08 9:00:41PM

Posted by CornishMMA

So you have seen your lifetimes quota of slutty dancers then Ben! why do they whack 30 of them out there? And with those tacky ref style outfits

I seriously hate the cage rage production, its so embarrassing for us

Funny when the unscrpited stuff happens tho, like Semtex calls Mills a "flash c***", and Freeman gets kicked out of Tanks room, or when the pikey announcer messes up his lines

"so you who do wanna fight next eh ................ ?"

Some of those girls are fit, but the a lot of the 'Cage Babes' are dirty......You still would though.

The two referee's are good, especially Grant Waterman, he referees all big UK MMA events, he's easily good enough to be in the UFC, nice guy aswell, always has time for the fans.

I hate the pikey MC, and Dave O' Donnell, he's to hyper and over-excited, although i do hear that he's a good coach at Elite Fighting System in London (a few of the Cage Rage fighters train there).

Semtex swearing was funny, but it caused Cage Rage to lose their live showing on Sky Sports which is a real shame, especially with Paul Daley being one of the UK's best Mixed Martial Artists.

Cage Rage have been stupid, they stripped Abdul Mohammed of his British Title for losing a fight in another organisation against a guy who isn't even British.

Phil Baroni in the main event? Cheers EliteXC, give us yet another old washed-up fighter and claim that you are helping us out, is it just me or has Cage Rage got worse sice Pro Elite bought it, now I don't know who's fault it is that Cage Rage is in the mess that it is but someone must be to blame.

Oh well, you gotta support the local MMA i say.

I know it sounds like im plugging but Dan Hardy speaks the truth about the UK MMA scene in this interview, it's great to hear a guy who's experience it speak the truth for once:

Interview on MMAHitPit.com..........It's quite long but IMO it's well worth a read
CornishMMA
6/27/08 8:07:41AM
You would need to set fire to your penis afterwards tho!

Even if you think Baroni is washed up for losing to some very good fighters this is his 170 debut so its a fresh start and a star name to boost the events ticket sales, makes sense to me

Yes it has been slowly declining ever since they were bought out, when they had Anderson Silva etc the cards were much better, they lost Ribeiro didnt they? I dunno theres still some good fights and il watch if its on but yeah its not as good as it used to be
MMAcca
6/27/08 2:20:53PM
I heard SKY are still gonna show it, just not live.

Is that correct ?
CornishMMA
6/28/08 4:35:18PM
I dunno dude, I hope so

But a BIG for us not picking on it in secondary league WHY NOT??? its a weakish card but all the recent ones have been so why leave it out now?