MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cage Rage 22 Fight Card
ffforgottenx
4/26/07 9:51:03AM
source: thefightnetwork.com

Cage Rage 22 "Hard As Hell"
July 14
Wembley Arena
London, England

Eric “Butterbean” Esch (10-3-1) vs. Tengiz Tedoradze (21-7-1)
Mario Sperry (12-4) vs. Lee Hasdell (9-14-1)
Rob Broughton (6-2-1) vs. Gary Turner (2-0-1)
Herb Dean (2-2) vs. Dave Legeno (3-3)
Mark Buchanan (4-3) vs. James McSweeney (0-0)
Paul Cahoon (7-10) vs. Mark Epstein (13-9)
Ronnie Mann (10-0-1) vs. Robbie Olivier (13-7-1)
Marius Zaromskis (6-1) vs. Ross Mason (12-6)
Ross Pointon (4-9) vs. Dean Bray (2-3)
Joe Mac (1-0) vs. Jeremy Bailey (6-6)
Michael Johnson (4-4) vs. Damien Riccio (7-11)

bean vs tengiz?

cool to see herb stepping back in though.. just watched his last fight from october .. he looked good coming out, gassed out at the end of the first, came out decent in the second.. his standup looks alright, he gets sloppy and loses his composure as the fight goes on though.. good sub defense though.. took homeboy four tries to get the keylock on him.. should be an interesting fight against legeno
loller90278
4/26/07 7:54:06PM
TENGIZ!! A FELLOW GEORGIAN!! (im georgian)

my family (if possible) will be ordering this for sure

the rest of the card besides mario sperry and i guess herb dean is lackluster

Fanboy 1988
4/26/07 7:56:49PM
Man I can not wait to see Sperry fight again, he's one of my all time fav's.. I was afraid he retired after his last fight.
Gogoplata
4/27/07 12:19:15AM
WAR HERB DEAN!
pv3Hpv3p
4/27/07 12:30:06AM
I like the sounds of the Broughton / Turner fight... Could steal the show
johnafirth
4/29/07 6:21:15PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I like the sounds of the Broughton / Turner fight... Could steal the show

Damn, I want to see both guys win.
Sheddy
4/30/07 3:27:09AM
Be good to see Lee Hadsell back.

Arguably Britain's pioneer in terms of mma.

Tough fight for him though.
angel-of-death
4/30/07 10:32:59AM
This is an interesting line up. Looking forward to seeing the Bean against Tengiz though i do feel that Tengiz will take the fight. Looking further down the card, Broughton vs Turner should be a great fight, and Turner will find it much tougher against Broughton than he did against "Tank", although it will be a different style of fight.

If Herb's in any way a competent fighter, he'll be able to handle Legeno with ease. I really don't think he belongs in the sport, and has wins over the one-dimensional Kimo, and the aging Severn. (The Kimo fight was a farce)

It'll also be interesting to see how James McSweeny makes the transition from straight Kick-boxing to MMA. He did well in the 1st round against Michael McDonald at CR21, but after that, he seemed gas and ran out of ideas.

Ronnie Mann vs Robbie Olivier is my pick for fight of the night here, and i can see Olivier taking this, hopefully setting up a fight against the undefeated Alex Owen (who defeated former British FW champion Brad Fickett in his last fight).

I'd like to see perhaps another big name or two added to the card to help bring in the crowd, and there are more than likely to be a few more fights added (ATM there are only 11 announced whereas i think CR usually does 13) but nevertheless i'll be there, front row, centre.
dunster
4/30/07 6:14:09PM
believe it or not, im going training at the same place as broughton and cahoon tomorrow, only just realised they both train there, hehe
the-james
5/6/07 10:25:11PM
Not close to as good as the last cage rage card but o well

does anybody know if it will be brodcast on pro elite again?
wkm311
5/10/07 7:59:24AM
Ive benn impressed with the last few CR fight cards. Obviously they arent up to UFC or Pride standards, but still a half decent card. Looking forward to seeing Mario Sperry fighting again.
pv3Hpv3p
5/10/07 11:04:23AM

Posted by the-james

Or any news if they're going to broadcast it on ION the following weekend like 21?

Is that proelite thing free? Do I have to download something for it? Do they have decent picture quality? Is it worth it?
Northrend
5/12/07 11:59:22PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by the-james

Or any news if they're going to broadcast it on ION the following weekend like 21?

Is that proelite thing free? Do I have to download something for it? Do they have decent picture quality? Is it worth it?

What you have to do is just make an account and its free. You can watch it live and its pretty fun. Ive watched Icon-Trigg/Lawler...No Limits proving ground and 1 other on mine. They got a good thing going. My account is flyinghippo123 on there (dont ask)
Believe-in-judo81
5/13/07 6:37:42AM
It will be great to see Sperry back in action, the guy has legit ground skills and brings it every match, always entertained me greatly.:)