Cage Rage Complete Card

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cage Rage Complete Card
D-Boy
3/14/07 8:28:53PM
The final card for Cage Rage 21 is complete now that Bob the beast has a new opponent in K1 vet Gary Turner which should make an interesting match. The complete card has some big names on it and a lot of the fighters have been paired up well.

What do you guys think of the card as a whole (Please don't turn this into a thread where people just say how much better the UFC card is)
Svartorm
3/14/07 8:44:31PM
What is the full card?
D-Boy
3/14/07 8:47:20PM

Posted by Svartorm

What is the full card?

I should have posted a link really Fight Card
madmarck
3/15/07 7:20:52AM
wow, ninja, Weir, cyvborg, and vitor are all on this card. This is a big one i think for UK fans they might just draw a few away from the UFC.
Not to mention Ross is on the CarD!

Although if the UFC does kill them at that date, they will lose a lot of money considering what they are probably paying some guys liek Sapp and Vitor.
migo
3/15/07 7:55:39AM
Cage Rage is broadcasting free on Sky to up to 15 million viewers in the EU. I'm not sure UFC can compete with that in Europe.
Stickan
3/15/07 10:43:47AM
To sum up the fightcard for the lazy ones:

Gary Turner vs Bob Sapp (HW)
Ivan Serati vs Vitor Belfort (LHW)
Cyborg vs James Zikic (LHW) (World Title)
Daijiro Matsui vs Mark Weir (MW?)
Ninja Rua vs Alex Reid (MW?)
Rowman Webber vs Mark Epstein (LHW)
Paul Kelly vs Paul Daley (WW) (British Title)
Ross Pointon vs Abdul Mohammed (WW)
The Snake vs Ryan Robinson (LHW)
Alex Owen vs Brad Pickett (FW)
Xavier Foupa Pokam vs Tom Watson (MW)
James E Nicoll vs Matt Ewin (MW)

A big ass card with 12 fights and a for me interesting fighter in each and every fight. Unfortunately there aren't too many good match-ups though. Alex Reid vs Ninja should be a war though.
cowcatcher
3/15/07 10:55:32AM
cage rage is going to do well here even with some seemingly lopsided matchups, there is a ton of starpower on the card
CountryBreakfast
3/15/07 4:18:21PM
i like how cage rage has enough pull to get the best fighters on their show but it always seems to be in this format

mma star vs can

maybe in the future they can focus more on mma star vs mma star
angel-of-death
3/17/07 3:31:25PM
Seems like a great card, and has more than enough power to drag me the 500 or so miles from Scotland to London for 1 night!

Should be an exciting event.
Stickan
3/17/07 10:11:15PM

Posted by CountryBreakfast

i like how cage rage has enough pull to get the best fighters on their show but it always seems to be in this format

mma star vs can

maybe in the future they can focus more on mma star vs mma star

I don't know about "can" but they put their top english fighters against the stars of the world. While most of the case the british fighters aren't very well known it's great from a marketing standpoint. The brits get to see their heroes square off against some really big names of MMA and a chance of an upset is always there.

I'd surely watch Sweden´s best go at it against the best in the world even though I know my guys would probably get beaten up badly.

At least we beat Vernon White (August Wallén did) and Suzuki who's beaten Ken Shamrock (Omar Bouiche choked him out) and at least we tried against Mezger (Daniel Bergman).

Local guys vs worlds best sells...

Posted by angel-of-death

Seems like a great card, and has more than enough power to drag me the 500 or so miles from Scotland to London for 1 night!

Can't believe you go to Cage Rage when you're in London and don't go see Mirko fight live instead. Or maybe you're gonna be watching both

Either way I'm jealous of you man...
madmarck
3/18/07 6:00:37PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by angel-of-death

Can't believe you go to Cage Rage when you're in London and don't go see Mirko fight live instead. Or maybe you're gonna be watching both

Either way I'm jealous of you man...

Hardcore fans man. I walked 2 hours in the Rain to see a underground event. Was worth every step.