Cage Rage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cage Rage
Next Page »
BODE16
1/25/07 5:56:42PM
Cage Rage is fastly growing here in the UK and is now advertised on TV its last few cards have been solid and theres always a few fights worth a look.

I really want to see a show live but want to know off ppl who have been is it worth the trip down south and then the tickets. Or shud i just carry on with the live web stream?
pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 5:05:06PM
Sory to answer your question with a question, but could you direct me to a decent webstream for cage rage? I have heard good things but have only seen clips and short vids I can find surfing the net (Admittidly I am not the most internet savy of folks). Thanks in advance.
BloodandTears
1/26/07 6:15:00PM
I guess i'm living under a rock, where are you getting the info on CageRage? I'd like to check it out.
Livershot
1/26/07 6:23:37PM
Cage Rage stream their shows live via their website

CageRage.tv
BloodandTears
1/26/07 6:52:36PM
Thanks, this is helpfull..
D-Boy
1/26/07 8:45:01PM
Normally a good atmosphere at the shows, they can be great to watch on stream too. Depends really who's on the card to if I go or not
nate22
1/27/07 9:15:04AM
It's the best MMA live you will see in the UK, well that is up until this year with the UFC coming to town.

Whereabouts in UK are you? It might be easier waiting for the UFC to come around in April in Manchester if you said you were up north..
hippysmacker
1/27/07 8:02:45PM
Other than Manhoef who do you think is a fighter that is worty of top 10 consideration in Cage rage.
D-Boy
1/27/07 8:26:35PM
Shaolin of course, although he technically just signed somewhere else he is still a beast. Anderson Silva is with the UFC but is still their champ as well
nate22
1/27/07 9:11:08PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Other than Manhoef who do you think is a fighter that is worty of top 10 consideration in Cage rage.

Noone, Manhoef certainly isn't. Viberio (top 5 LW without a doubt, as mentioned) Zelg looks like he will be top ten 185 in the next few years without a doubt, Zelg looks to be devastating with alot of experience in TKD, one to watch if you don't have much of an idea about him.
nate22
1/27/07 9:12:12PM
They do have a good majority of top 25 fighters considering the size and reputation of the company though.
hippysmacker
1/27/07 10:09:54PM
I thought shaolin had signed with heroes , my bad. What is Zelg's full name. As far as I know I haven't seen him. I'll take a look and see what I can find on him.
nate22
1/27/07 10:22:46PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I thought shaolin had signed with heroes , my bad. What is Zelg's full name. As far as I know I haven't seen him. I'll take a look and see what I can find on him.

You were supposed to fight in the HERO’S tournament but you got hurt and could not to be there. What is your situation with this event? Is there any contract?

Ribeiro: I came close to fighting there, but I couldn’t because of an injury. There was a fore-contract for me to sign, but I didn’t sign, because of my injury, so, I was out of the tournament. So I am trying to sign with a great organization, but I have no contracts with HERO’S organization and I have no contract with PRIDE either. I’m trying to sign with any of these two organizations. I want to fight in Japan. I’m waiting, and I’m very focused on this fight in Cage Rage and I think, if everything runs well in this fight, I will maybe have good news from Japan.

...He wants to fight in Japan, so more than likely his next fight will be there, for the best really.

Zelg Galesic

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/reply.aspx?ID=443&SID=12&Quote=Quote
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ce30XajgqiI

Two highlights
hippysmacker
1/27/07 10:46:18PM
Thanks again. At least I know I wasn't imagining the Shaolin stuff now.
nate22
1/27/07 10:48:46PM
Shaolin needs to move over to Japan, he knows this and wants the fights, I just hope he ends up in Pride rather than Hero's
hippysmacker
1/27/07 11:20:17PM
Dude that Zel guy is badass. Thanks. Ridiculous hand speed. It's too bad he never fought A. Silva or Manhoef. I think both would be fireworks.
Livershot
1/28/07 4:01:59AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Vitor "Shaolin" Ribiero is the Cage Rage LW champ
Anderson Silva is the MW champ
Zelg is top drawer, will be interesting to see how he goes in Pride

Cage Rage don't typically hold fighters to exclusive contracts, would be a bit silly on their part as they would never keep or indeed attract top fighters in the first place. The Bisping incident is possibly the only time I can recall difficulties with exclusivity, and I think that was because it involved another UK org Cage Warriors

However they do a great job of bringing over established overseas stars and developing young UK based fighters

Their matchmaking is great as well

nate22
1/28/07 5:08:31AM
Yes totally agree with you livershot, they seem to match up and completely make the best of the fighters they have or had. For instance setting Manhoef with Cyborg, great move and then again with Freeman was a big hooray.

hippysmacker
1/28/07 5:56:54AM
Isn't cage rage in someway afiliated with Pride? It seems alot of their fighters have fought there.
nate22
1/28/07 6:36:36AM
Seemingly so, whether it's official or not, I don't know. But Pride does seem to use Cage Rage as a feeder club to help bolster their talent pool.
pv3Hpv3p
1/28/07 6:55:12AM
just a rumor but I heard that Zekg just ecentley signed with Pride. Anybody know it that's true?
Livershot
1/28/07 7:15:29AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

just a rumor but I heard that Zekg just ecentley signed with Pride. Anybody know it that's true?

It is true, I expect to see him on the next Pride card in Japan

In the next Cage Rage they are matching Zelg up with Dajiro Matsui the former gatekeeper for Pride

I expect lots of blood seeping from Matsui wounds Unless Zelg sparks him out clean, but one thing Matsui is, tough as old boots
nate22
1/28/07 8:18:04AM
Well I heard Zelg vs Cung Le on the next Pride card...

May just be rumours but i'll ask Cung when I do the interview.
Livershot
1/28/07 11:39:23AM

Posted by nate22

Well I heard Zelg vs Cung Le on the next Pride card...

May just be rumours but i'll ask Cung when I do the interview.

The USA card?
nate22
1/28/07 11:52:27AM
Yep probably just rumours but i'm going to at least ask him when we do interview.
Livershot
1/28/07 1:58:20PM

Posted by nate22

Yep probably just rumours but i'm going to at least ask him when we do interview.

mmmm there is only a couple of weeks between CR and Pride USA, and he is def listed as fighting Matsui on the CR card

Seems unlikely but you never know
madmarck
2/6/07 10:26:13AM
Cage Rage is pretty good. and it does prodcue some quality fighters.
Zvonimir
2/8/07 2:23:29AM
Cage Rage is my favorite organization thats not UFC or PRIDE

WAR TEAM TROJAN!!!

WAR JAMES THOMPSON!!
WAR ZELG GALESIC!!
WAR RONNIE "KID NINJA" MANN!!
mmadb
2/8/07 2:40:08PM
Zelg is no longer listed on the Cage Rage card if you check today. It's Matsui vs. Watson now. Rumours are not so far fetched now.
madmarck
2/8/07 2:49:23PM

Posted by mmadb

Zelg is no longer listed on the Cage Rage card if you check today. It's Matsui vs. Watson now. Rumours are not so far fetched now.

Wow you thin Zelg signed with UFC or Pride? Or maybe just another org like Showtime or somethin? I would love to see him int he UFC. would be awesome to see him vs Chris Leben.
Pages: [1] 2