Cage rage 27 - good event but ruined after the last fight.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cage rage 27 - good event but ruined after the last fight.
Aaronno9
7/12/08 9:05:04PM
So for anybody who didnt see it tonight, Phil Baroni Knocked out his opponent - bad. I mean, this guy was out cold for at least a minute. Anyways, Phil goes over to check on him after the fight, and one of his friends/cornermen stick a full blooded head butt on baroni. I mean, this guy really tried to hurt Phil. He was outa their soon as Coleman and Thompson got in the cage though. Even then Jensens friends and girlfriend had managed to get into the cage and where all calling shouting shit at Phil. Cage rage really did themselves no favors.

So first they loose the sky deal becouse of semtex swearing, now some dick who had nothing to do with the fights might of cost it another deal trying to look like a big man on t.v.

Credit to phil though, he got a shock but he wasnt rocked or anything, he could of easily smashed the guy who did it but he thought better of it. Seems nothings going right for cage rage nowdays.

Anyways, heres the full results for anybody interested -

-Jason Young def. Francis Heagney by Decision
-Brad Pickett def. Christian Binda by Submission (Guillotene Choke) - Round 2
-Robbie Olivier def. Ashleigh Grimshaw by TKO (Injury) - Round 2
-Stav Economou def. Piotr Kusmierz by Decision
-Tom Watson def. John Phillips by Decision
-Mustapha Al-Turk def. James McSweeney by TKO (Punches) - Round 1
-Neil Grove def. Robery Buzz Berry by TKO (Punches) - Round 2
-Phil Baroni def. Scott Jansen by KO (Punch) - Round 1
Rush
7/12/08 10:30:53PM
Thanks I couldn't find these elsewhere. What about the undercard results?
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 10:50:50PM

That's the Headbutt.

Here's some girl flipping Baroni off:

Thanks to Sherdog poster "xad" for getting this up for everyone to see.

Link back to Sherdog post
Rush
7/12/08 10:54:29PM
What a Fiasco. I bet Dana is salivating at the possibility of CR taking heat over this.
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 10:58:57PM
Yeah. I bet if CR went under, he would pick up the Neil Grove, Paul Daley, etc, that CR has.. Neil Grove and Paul Daley would be great additions to the HW, and WW divisions..
KYGUY07
7/12/08 11:19:32PM
I would love to see neil grove in the ufc
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 11:23:24PM
I only know that Grove is an amazing striker. If nothing more than that, he'll at least bring some of the talent Arlovski took with him, when he left, back to the HW division. Striker for a striker..
EON
7/12/08 11:27:09PM
Neil is pretty good everywhere, good wrestler good striker decent ground, Paul Daley would be the best addition if he wasnt retiring after his next fight (I think)
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 11:31:19PM
Didn't he already say that? He was going to "retire", then something came up, and he didn't. Then he's like, "i'm still retiring." I doubt it.. A guy with his skills wouldn't go back to a average life, knowing the potential money he could make in the UFC.
gabe531
7/12/08 11:46:31PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

That's the Headbutt.

Here's some girl flipping Baroni off:

Thanks to Sherdog poster "xad" for getting this up for everyone to see.

Link back to Sherdog post

THANKS MAN!!

was hoping to see this gif. thats great for mma to have some douchebag in the cage after that has no business there. too many people in the cage after a fight=problems as seen above. fighters/dr and maybe 1 cornerman is all thats really needed. can take your group photo for winners at the door to cage or backstage. quit wasting our time with dumb photo shots
MMAcca
7/12/08 11:53:31PM
Baroni should have stuck a headbutt on that tramp of a girlfriend
Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 12:13:20AM
I'd headkick the B&%*$
misses1112
7/13/08 12:16:26AM
different angle:

Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 12:27:11AM

Posted by misses1112

different angle:

the look on the guy (on his knees) face is priceless
misses1112
7/13/08 12:42:44AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by misses1112

different angle:

more priceless than the fact that the guy giving the head butt has his shirt tucked neatly into his undies?
MMAcca
7/13/08 12:47:31AM

Posted by misses1112

Posted by misses1112

different angle:

more priceless than the fact that the guy giving the head butt has his shirt tucked neatly into his undies?

Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 12:54:21AM

Posted by misses1112

Posted by misses1112

different angle:

WOW!!! I didnt even notice that hahaha props to you for postin that
Rabi
7/13/08 5:53:40AM
Just watched the event, overall thought it was a terrible event.

The first fight was exciting to watch. Was IMO FOTN.

Tom Watson just dominated his opponent, but it wasnt good to watch.

British H/weight title boring one sided fight.

Grove and Berrry, boring first round but a good finish.

Baroni's ko was good, shame about the idiot afterwards head butting Baroni. Brings a bad name to british MMA.

People talking about Grove in the UFC, if he was to make an impact in the UFC he would need to improve his condintioning. He wouldnt make an impact the way he is at the moment.
Tombsuprat
7/13/08 12:48:52PM
I'd like to know how Dana would sign Daley if Cage Rage went under considering Pro Elite owns Cage Rage and Daley is signed to them.
zacatack
7/13/08 3:41:32PM
i would love to see daley in the ufc
snakerattle79
7/13/08 4:19:07PM

they should BAN all idiots, Bitc$^$%&SSS and Stupid Family members inside the cage or ring as it is disgraceful to the sport they are just putting down MMA, I hope orgs will be strict on this situations
AllKnowin1
7/13/08 7:59:45PM

I geuss they cant handle their boy getting knocked out in the home town...
Franklinfan47
7/13/08 8:53:03PM
You know its bad when Baroni looks like the classy one

Seriously though, what a douche thing to do.
JimmieDD
7/13/08 9:18:35PM
the headbutt guy.. giant idiot..
Ben_Hutch
7/14/08 11:36:37PM
I was at the evnet and it was Scott Jansens brother who headbutted Baroni, he's a stupid c*** and let me say this man does not represent the UK MMA scene. Cage Rage advertises itself as a bald-headed hard-man org, which will naturally attract dicks like the guy in the yellow jumper.

At Cage Rage i would say 60% of people don't know what the term 'MMA' stands for, and i promise that's no lie.

Phil Baroni was a f*cking class act if I'm honest, he didn't continue punching after he saw Scott was out, he went to check he was ok afterewards, and he didn't react when he was headbutted, not only that but he hasn't pressed charges and has said hes put the incident behind him because he can understand why the lad got angry, IMO it takes real man to say that.

I hope CR can improve its reputation and the fights it puts on, and it seems that Baroni has turned over a new leaf, and good for him i say, I wish him the best of luck in the future.
breakdown5
7/15/08 12:20:23AM
Serious cheap shot there. What a joke. Really stand up of Baroni to not kill the guy or press charges.