Caesar Gracie: "Rickson makes me feel like a White Belt"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Caesar Gracie: "Rickson makes me feel like a White Belt"
Manfred
5/8/08 11:21:58PM
So Caesar was on the Savage Dog Show and said Rickson literally made him feel like a white belt and he could dominate the clinch like no one else. He said of the the top guys he's ever trained with, Rickson was like no one else.

The legend lives on....

Rickson by Armbar

puppetmaster837
5/8/08 11:48:09PM
Thats kind of funny because Rickson told me i made him feel like a white belt
hotrodttt
5/9/08 12:18:13AM
Yeah Rickson's the Best ever, well Marcelo would probably take him but in 97 at Pride 5, Rickson totaly dominated Rorian at Freestyle BJJ, he was Judo throwing him all over the place.
Manfred
5/9/08 12:39:15AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah Rickson's the Best ever, well Marcelo would probably take him but in 97 at Pride 5, Rickson totaly dominated Rorian at Freestyle BJJ, he was Judo throwing him all over the place.

I thought that was Royler? Rickson said Royler has the best P4P BJJ in the family.
hotrodttt
5/9/08 1:01:33AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by hotrodttt

I thought that was Royler? Rickson said Royler has the best P4P BJJ in the family.

No it was Rickson and Royler demonstrating and it was sick, armbars all over the place
chubbud22
5/9/08 2:40:26AM
Rickson is the sickest. The doc Choke is a sick DVD I have and have watched a number of times. It says in that DVD that he has over 400 wins and 0 losses; that can't be strickly MMA can it?
Manfred
5/9/08 5:05:24AM

Posted by chubbud22

Rickson is the sickest. The doc Choke is a sick DVD I have and have watched a number of times. It says in that DVD that he has over 400 wins and 0 losses; that can't be strickly MMA can it?

Ah.... the legend of Rickson's record. Supposedly that includes all "victories" JuiJitsu, Sambo, backdoor, free-style wrestling, vale tudo, beach fights, MMA....

But even his father has disputed this number and he does have a Sambo loss to Ron Tripp in 1993 by an Uchi Mata (Judo throw) Rickson claims he wasn't properly informed of the rules.
mrsmiley
5/9/08 5:37:14AM
I was wondering when a new Rickson thread would pop up.
Mastodon2
5/9/08 6:07:16AM

Posted by chubbud22

It's supposed to be some kind of great sin to doubt Rickson's record, but imo its clearly been artificially beefed up to appear more impressive. I don't buy it, and neither does Wanderlei, who criticised it last year.

His record is about as authentic as Benny Urquidez's.
ohiostate1016
5/9/08 11:46:30AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by chubbud22

It's supposed to be some kind of great sin to doubt Rickson's record, but imo its clearly been artificially beefed up to appear more impressive. I don't buy it, and neither does Wanderlei, who criticised it last year.

His record is about as authentic as Benny Urquidez's.

How can you say that this guy isn't for real? Shame on you.
Rush
5/9/08 11:54:59AM
Rickson made me feel like a white belt..... man, I can't believe this picture is almost ten years old.

Rickson by armbar!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Manfred
5/9/08 1:44:48PM

Posted by Rush

Rickson made me feel like a white belt..... man, I can't believe this picture is almost ten years old.

Rickson by armbar!!!!

's for rolling with him if you had the chance (or did you just get a photo) BTW, the funny thing about the "Rickson by armbar" thing is that he won most of his matches by RNC. I think he only beat Takada via armbar
Rush
5/9/08 2:29:00PM
Unfortunately I didn't get to roll with him, but seeing him roll with other guys (way more advanced than me) first hand was a humbling experience. We all think we know stuff until you interact with or see the experts up close, after that there is no question of where we stand. If I did get to roll with him I'm sure it would have been Rickson by armbar. lol

Another intersting thing was I think Rickson's son was competing in the tournament the next day. He was something like 10 years old or so at the time. Just a little guy. He probably would have subbed me too. lol
Manfred
5/9/08 3:01:56PM

Posted by Rush

Another intersting thing was I think Rickson's son was competing in the tournament the next day. He was something like 10 years old or so at the time. Just a little guy. He probably would have subbed me too. lol

Rockson?? Kind of creepy.... considering
Rush
5/9/08 4:07:03PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Rush

Rockson?? Kind of creepy.... considering

I'm not sure if if was Rockson, but I am betting it wasn't. Rockson would have been about 4 years younger that I was and this kid looked younger than that. He has younger sons right?

While were are awing Rickson, here is a quote from a Gracie mag article featuring Paulo Fihlo.

Filho reveals that he has never seen anyone with the technical knowledge of the great Jiu-Jitsu myth; I have trained with the toughest guys formed by Carlson Gracie. They were all great and I for sure don't want to diminish anybody, but I have to say that no one ever did to me what Rickson Gracie has done during training these last days
dstlvb
5/9/08 7:18:02PM
Rickson's son Kron just recieved his Black Belt. Will make his first debut at worlds

http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/ARTICLE/10454/2008-05-08.html

Hey Marcelo, I’ve got some breaking news for you.

“After a sensational championship here in Japan, I gave Kron his black belt.

“My baby boy is euphoric about competing at the worlds in a new belt and I couldn’t be more proud.

“The time has come for the rookie to start representing my Jiu-Jitsu in the major league, let’s see what comes of it.

“Take care, Rickson”

This privileged information arrived from Japan today straight to our editor-in-chief, Marcelo Dunlop, who happens to be on the other side of the world, reporting from the United Arab Emirates.

After repeating his feat from the 2008 Pan, where he got the submission in all his fights, Kron received his black belt after making eight opponents give up in the Rickson Cup, in Japan.
chubbud22
5/12/08 2:19:30AM

Posted by dstlvb

Rickson's son Kron just recieved his Black Belt. Will make his first debut at worlds

http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/ARTICLE/10454/2008-05-08.html

Hey Marcelo, I’ve got some breaking news for you.

“After a sensational championship here in Japan, I gave Kron his black belt.

“My baby boy is euphoric about competing at the worlds in a new belt and I couldn’t be more proud.

“The time has come for the rookie to start representing my Jiu-Jitsu in the major league, let’s see what comes of it.

“Take care, Rickson”

This privileged information arrived from Japan today straight to our editor-in-chief, Marcelo Dunlop, who happens to be on the other side of the world, reporting from the United Arab Emirates.

After repeating his feat from the 2008 Pan, where he got the submission in all his fights, Kron received his black belt after making eight opponents give up in the Rickson Cup, in Japan.

Great find!!!!!!!!!!!