What do you think of the UFC possibly buying the IFL?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What do you think of the UFC possibly buying the IFL?
ricoj3323
7/17/08 12:49:49PM
I was reading on bloody elbow that the UFC is in talks to buy the IFL. I think its a smart move because they already acquired some IFL guys lately, purchasing the IFL isn't going to make the UFC broke either, it will be cheap move and why not add some of their top talent. Roy nelson would be great for the heavyweight division and Fabiano going to the wec and fighting faber would be great. Heiron and Matyushenko are former UFC fighters anyway and i feel they have improved since they been in the IFL. Schultz, Horodecki, Kennedy, Miller are all good fighters too and they present some good matchups with some of the current UFC guys. I feel the move would be great and it would workout great for the UFC

what do you think of the possible purchase of the IFL by the UFC?
juanez13
7/17/08 12:57:08PM
They shouldnt IMO, they are already got most of their talent (see UFN 14) and im sure they could get the rest of the guys they want rather easily.

but who knows, maybe they know something we/I dont know.
papercut
7/17/08 1:04:46PM
I honestly don't think roy nelson could hang with the UFC heavyweights. he needs to drop some weight and get in shape. sure he has a good record. but putting him against UFC heavyweights he wouldn't do too well. but I agree there are some good matchups if they bring in some guys from IFL but buying the company isn't going to help. IMO itd be a waste of money. they're already starting to go under. dana would be smart just to wait and get all the rest of the fighters once it goes under.
Khaos
7/17/08 1:07:38PM
The only people from IFL I'd like to see in the UFC are Vladdy, Benji Radich, and Matt Horwich
Diamondback2
7/17/08 1:28:51PM
if they didn't have most of the IFL's big stars i doubt it.

the only way i could see them buying it is to get Horedicki's (sp?) and Bart's contratcs.

It seems they can just get those guys for cheaper though.

I really doubt it, there is no big name contratcs worth buying the whole company.
AchillesHeel
7/17/08 1:35:46PM
There are a number of IFL fighters who would be great additions to the UFC and/or WEC. If the only way to get those guys is to buy the whole thing, then maybe it's worth it.

UFC:
155 - Ryan Schultz & Chris Horodecki

WEC:
205 - Vladimir Matyushenko, Jamal Patterson, Mike Ciesnolevicz
185 - Dan Miller, Matt Horwich, Ryan McGivern
170 - Jay Heiron, Brad Blackburn, Mark Miller
155 - Deividas Taurosevicius, Bart Palaszewski, Jim Miller
145 - Wagnney Fabiano
scoozna
7/17/08 1:35:53PM
I'd say it is an unnecessary move.

They don't need more contracts, they just axed a whole bunch. The IFL is on it's last leg already. The only reason I could see them buying the IFL is end it more quickly and acquire rights to any of the merchandise they sell so that noone else can resurrect the company. Kind of cut throat, but it's just business.
Mchubb316
7/17/08 1:42:51PM

Posted by juanez13

They shouldnt IMO, they are already got most of their talent (see UFN 14) and im sure they could get the rest of the guys they want rather easily.

but who knows, maybe they know something we/I dont know.

The IFL won't be around long enough. I don't see anyone else buying them anyway, and the current fighters the UFC is interested in are either already signed, or they will wait until they are available and sign them then. Use the million to acquire better heavyweights, and try to stabilize the lackluster HW division.
prozacnation1978
7/17/08 2:35:47PM
ufc needs heavyweights

and they can add the fighters to the wec

or add them to lower weight classes and then cut off the light heavy and middleweights and add those fighters to the ufc know
mrsmiley
7/17/08 2:42:08PM
I don't see the point in the UFC buying the IFL.

Unless they wanted Bas as an announcer!
RNC
7/17/08 8:31:58PM
We all saw how well buying PFC worked out. They would be better to just get individual fighters.
jkdskinhead
7/17/08 9:27:54PM

Posted by Khaos

The only people from IFL I'd like to see in the UFC are Vladdy, Benji Radich, and Matt Horwich

Vladdy is a badass, I loved his old fights where hed just chuck bombs across the ring hoping theyd land. Havent seen his IFL fights, but that dude is just awesome to watch.
mrkennedy
7/17/08 11:59:38PM
chris horodecki is always exciting
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/18/08 12:16:03AM
SHULTZ HUERTA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!