I WANT TO BUY MONEY!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » I WANT TO BUY MONEY!
TequilaMan2000
2/5/07 1:12:28PM
Hey guys! Great site...

But i was planning to buy money, but now it seems that that option is gone. Where did it go?

You can't keep us hangin'!

TM2K
B_Goetz
2/5/07 2:16:22PM

I hope that option is gone for good.
hypocalking
2/5/07 2:18:11PM
Ya for you war room guys probably the only option you have to catch up with the elite OT!!!!!!!!!!!
TequilaMan2000
2/5/07 4:07:33PM

Posted by hypocalking

Ya for you war room guys probably the only option you have to catch up with the elite OT!!!!!!!!!!!

OTard!

I think we are still ranked higher than you. I know I am ranked higher than everyone on OT... plus 3 of my guys are ranked higher as well...
hypocalking
2/5/07 4:16:00PM
Ya.I kinda fucked up and realized after the event I hadn't put all my picks in.I only did 7 of them .
Bigsexydaddy
2/5/07 5:13:06PM

Posted by TequilaMan2000

Posted by hypocalking

OTard!

I think we are still ranked higher than you. I know I am ranked higher than everyone on OT... plus 3 of my guys are ranked higher as well...

You're 5th overall...not bad. Your team can't hang with us in the long run, though. Just wait!
Trapt1nw0nder
2/5/07 8:44:40PM
buying money???

i hope the option is gone too....it should be a game of skill..not who ever dishes out the most cash
DoTheMMAth
2/5/07 11:04:28PM
This option has been disabled for now... initially it was implimented because it killed 3 birds with 1 stone:

1) - we hoped that folks who wagered poorly would go this route rather than making multiple accounts to try gaming the system, which means multiple chances to win at the points game for a real prize which is not fair

2) - it helps to go towards paying off the 2 dual Xeon servers that run this website along with bandwidth and co-location charges

3) - it would help those who join the game a few events or seasons later than others to keep up with (what will wind up being) the higher stakes wagers that we predict to be in play down the road a short time from now

It just seemed right to disable it for now since the whole future of the wagering system is currently up in the air for the fledling community to decide what they would enjoy the most....

Speaking of which, if you haven't cast your vote yet then get your asses in gear and let us know how you want things to be!!
creativedestruction
2/6/07 3:22:48AM
Other people who already bought it still have the extra money. I assume they were also allowed to bet on the first event with it too. This means they had an unfair start.
TequilaMan2000
2/7/07 8:37:45PM

Posted by creativedestruction

Other people who already bought it still have the extra money. I assume they were also allowed to bet on the first event with it too. This means they had an unfair start.

Yeah, what about Sick Rick? He is in first place only because he bought money! No fair! Whaaaaa......

Seriously, take his money away...