Bully Beatdown (Episode 1)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Bully Beatdown (Episode 1)
Hendo67
3/25/09 2:45:34PM
Episode 1

If anyone has yet to see the show, there's the 1st episode.
team_demon_fighter
3/25/09 6:51:20PM
thank you, recording it on dvr, but hadnt gotten to see it yet..
Aether
3/25/09 7:49:28PM
lol this should be kind of funny, I am kind of dubious as to how long pro fighters beating the piss out of teenagers will remain entertaining, but I'm definitely going to check it out. haha.

-edit-
After watching it, they came up with a pretty good idea for how to do the "fights" and keep them interesting. I actually was really entertained, I'll probably keep watching it.
Twenty20Dollars
3/25/09 10:59:14PM
I stopped watching it after mayhem, said he would pay the guy 10k.

But I saw that bully beatdown got some good ratings.
Mayhem13
3/25/09 11:16:24PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I stopped watching it after mayhem, said he would pay the guy 10k.

But I saw that bully beatdown got some good ratings.

you have to earn the 10g's in the cage, which he didnt.

you should have kept watching it.
king_katool
3/25/09 11:25:37PM
lol i LMAO the fight, that kick was flush, ill def watch next episode
Lockfrow
3/25/09 11:44:36PM
I was a little disappointed I thought Mayhem might be the one doing the beatdowns. I would have liked to see someone a lot smaller than the bully like Tyson Griffin beat that guy up that way he would be even more ashamed of himself.
Aether
3/26/09 1:54:29AM

Posted by Lockfrow

I was a little disappointed I thought Mayhem might be the one doing the beatdowns. I would have liked to see someone a lot smaller than the bully like Tyson Griffin beat that guy up that way he would be even more ashamed of himself.

they should've put Shinya Aoki in there. Would probably be pretty humbling to get your ass handed to you by a dude who looks like steve urkel. LOL.
bojangalz
3/26/09 2:23:14AM
Well, I tried. I watched the episode in the playground videos section. I'm probably the only one, but I thought the show was brain-dead stupid. Mayhem is a natural clown, his scripted BS for the show was rediculous and transparent. The douche brother was worthless too, somehow I get the feeling we'll see his family on Dr. Phil next when he realizes the Mayhem treatment didn't cure anything. He's a hopeless loser.

I'd be shocked and saddened if this show makes it to the second season.
CwB
3/26/09 5:11:49AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Lockfrow

they should've put Shinya Aoki in there. Would probably be pretty humbling to get your ass handed to you by a dude who looks like steve urkel. LOL.

Until the second round, which is straight kick boxing, and aoki gets caught by a guy who outweighs by 50 pounds

i thought the show would be dumb but the bully they showed in episode 1 was such a giant douche that i loved every second of him getting his ass handed to him...

Bo- its MTV almost every single show on that channel blows so hard i think theirs never going to be a second season, but there always is
king_katool
3/26/09 5:59:44AM

Posted by bojangalz

Well, I tried. I watched the episode in the playground videos section. I'm probably the only one, but I thought the show was brain-dead stupid. Mayhem is a natural clown, his scripted BS for the show was rediculous and transparent. The douche brother was worthless too, somehow I get the feeling we'll see his family on Dr. Phil next when he realizes the Mayhem treatment didn't cure anything. He's a hopeless loser.

i totally agree, it is just down right DUMB, but watching that douche get his ass handed to him didnt do it for ya either? ill watch for that, but the rest of the show is just predictable trash TV
Jackelope
3/26/09 9:01:13AM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by bojangalz

i totally agree, it is just down right DUMB, but watching that douche get his ass handed to him didnt do it for ya either? ill watch for that, but the rest of the show is just predictable trash TV

However, I'm DVR-ing it to fast forward to the end so I can watch douches get their asses handed to them.

I used to like Mayhem. Now he's turning into ... I dunno, just someone loud and obnoxious. To me, his humor is just immature. He's tough as nails, though.
DCRage
3/26/09 4:28:18PM
Since the show is now on iTunes and the first episode is a free download I'm getting it and will watch it with breakfast at work tomorrow to see what it's like, then decide if I want to get a pass for the rest of the series (it would get me all future episodes this season for $8).
DCRage
3/27/09 6:30:11AM
Watched it on the train ride this morning, it was decent. I'm not much of a reality person (except for TUF of course), but it's not a bad concept and it was a nice surprise to see Big John refereeing the fight. Tony Bonello came off as a pretty good fighter, some nice wrestling/grappling work. Didn't know he was an Aussie fighter though, from his accent I thought he was British.

Edit: Probably going to get the season pass tonight. Only $9 for however many episodes the show runs (at least 4 right now).
The_Ho_Bag
3/27/09 11:43:33AM
lmao a fat guy with man boobs
MMA
3/27/09 1:05:29PM
Hmm, I tried watching this but it stops at the 12 min-ish mark, right before he gets his beatdown.
Playground_Samurai
3/27/09 1:08:20PM

Posted by MMA

Hmm, I tried watching this but it stops at the 12 min-ish mark, right before he gets his beatdown.

I had the same problem. I just clicked on the spot on the time line just after the part where it stopped loading, and it continued fine from there.