Bullshit decision [Spoiler]

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Bullshit decision [Spoiler]
« Previous Page
keith-hackney1
9/9/07 11:23:08AM

Excuse me! Good show of mutual respect in that fight? Did I miss something?

Ive just watched the whole fight again ...

These two might not be friends before, during or after the fight, hamill dominated the first few minutes of round one tagging bisping under the eye and causing the cut. But as soon as bisping landed a bunch of left straights... most of which hamill walked straight into when trying to throw his own punches, calmed hamill down abit. Hamill looked great, very composed, very calm, bisping was dreadful in round one.
Round two i think a show of respect for both fighters punching ability came in for the rest of the fight, hamill didnt walk in when he threw the jab, and bisping's stick and move tactics began to wear off as he and hamill almost traded blows without comitting a bunch of combo's. Neither fighter wanted to commit.
Hamill did take bisping down with ease, i already knew that would happen, regardless of how bisping has been training. But hamill did no damage after the take down. Bisping worked for position, used his leg movement and even threw strikes from the bottom. Hamill by the end of round two looked gassed out.
After two rounds i had round one to hamill 10-9, round two to bisping 10-9, purely because of bisping's sprawls, movement from the bottom and he landed two good combo shots on the feet. Not excellent by any means from bisping just enough with one point in it. good enough.
Round 3, Bisping found his range straight off the bell, landing good shots on hamill, hamill again got two takedowns, Some good shots landed from hamill too although he looked tired on the second takedown. Bisping kept his busy guard, controlling matts arms and rabbit punching from the bottom, finding a way back to the feet, again hamill could of gone for a sub or work a better position for some g&p, but he didnt do it.
I actually had this round down for a 9-9 which would of been a draw. Personally, i think a draw would of been more appropriate in order for them to fight again in the u.s.
Dont anyone on this site say that hamill dominated the whole fight, look at his face, he got clipped a few times too. He took bisping down but did nothing when he did, bisping stayed busy in the guard, got back to his feet and stopped a few takedowns with sprawls. They both exchanged the fists, hamill decisively in round one, bisping in round 3, round two was a bout even. Im not a judge, but a draw would of been more appropriate.
Bisping should learn from this, i didnt like his slagging off towards hamill, maybe this decision is a wake up call to him, time to drop down to middleweight now and train harder on his wrestling skills. As for hamill, Tough guy, always improving fight by fight, good performance against bisping, needs to work on finishes, then he'd be unstopable, finish and theres no win left in the hands of 3 judges. Bisping is lucky that two judges saw it that he was abit better, but this is a serious wake up call for him. Matt hamill will comeback better from this close loss.
..... Bisping had a really poor performance, hope he gets better prepared for his next ufc bout !!!!!!
Gladiator
9/9/07 11:34:45AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Dont anyone on this site say that hamill dominated the whole fight, look at his face, he got clipped a few times too. He took bisping down but did nothing when he did, bisping stayed busy in the guard, got back to his feet and stopped a few takedowns with sprawls.

hamil dominated the whole fight. did u see bispings face? and since when has making your opponents face look bad won u a decision in the ufc(see bj penn vs GSP)? bisping stuffed like two takedowns and regardless of hamil doing anything on the ground, hamil took him down at will all three rounds and if the judges arent going to be consistent with their scoring (forrest vs tito, rashad vs bonnar) then we might as well watch the WWE.
keith-hackney1
9/9/07 11:41:17AM
hamil dominated the whole fight. did u see bispings face? and since when has making your opponents face look bad won u a decision in the ufc(see bj penn vs GSP)? bisping stuffed like two takedowns and regardless of hamil doing anything on the ground, hamil took him down at will all three rounds and if the judges arent going to be consistent with their scoring (forrest vs tito, rashad vs bonnar) then we might as well watch the WWE.

The judges like the fighters are paid too much dude, a loss or a win is shit to their conscience, i hate the scorecards in a fight because every now and again we get this shit, contraversual decisions. Im a bisping fan but was not impressed last night at all. All fights that go to the scorecards should be a draw, fight again til one is definatively victorious !!!

Griffin/ guilda was the same, scorecards favoured griffin, i think guilda definatively won two rounds. it sucks, but like ive said before, bisping has to reconvince his fan base in his next fight. As for hamill, i dont think he's really lost anything from this close decision loss, he'll pick up where he left off from his last fight. They'll meet again, i bet.

D-Boy
9/9/07 1:03:15PM

Posted by StevieC

Posted by D-Boy

I thought it was allright tbh, I don't think takedowns are supposed to give so many points look at how Nick Diaz has been robbed so many times by that.

I thought hamil def won the first round and the other two were bispings

Are you kidding?? Bisbing was Hamill bitch the whole fight, Bisbing didn't win a round. Your like those moron judges who must of saw a totally different fight then the one that was on hand.....COLLUSION!

Read the rest of the thread before you post moron, yes I was being sarcastic and it's "Bisping"
loller90278
9/9/07 1:09:57PM
in bispings words "The UFC doesn't baby me"

i've said it before man, the ufc is crooked.

btw, anybody know what sanctioning body was reff'ing this ? couldnt have been the NSAC..
D-Boy
9/9/07 1:13:56PM

Posted by loller90278

in bispings words "The UFC doesn't baby me"

i've said it before man, the ufc is crooked.

btw, anybody know what sanctioning body was reff'ing this ? couldnt have been the NSAC..

They bring NSAC guys over to do it the UK doesn't have a governing body
tapoutking28
9/9/07 4:05:32PM
worst decision i have seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rush
9/9/07 4:38:35PM
One word to describe that decision - abomination

Rush
9/9/07 4:41:09PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Dont anyone on this site say that hamill dominated the whole fight

Hamill dominated this fight. Period.

StevieC
9/9/07 5:15:39PM

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by StevieC

Posted by D-Boy

I thought it was allright tbh, I don't think takedowns are supposed to give so many points look at how Nick Diaz has been robbed so many times by that.

Are you kidding?? Bisbing was Hamill bitch the whole fight, Bisbing didn't win a round. Your like those moron judges who must of saw a totally different fight then the one that was on hand.....COLLUSION!

Read the rest of the thread before you post moron, yes I was being sarcastic and it's "Bisping"

Who cares I type fast....and from your post how is anyone able to sense sarcasim?? BISBING, BISBING, BISBING, you knew who I meant so who gives a rats ass...
babalu2720
9/9/07 5:44:03PM
I actually scored it 2 to 1 bisping with the second rd being a toss up rd...i did think that it would be a split descion after watching the fight cuz i knew 1 of the judges would give rd 2 to hamill....its hard to say whether bisping being from england affected the scores, but its quite possible
LightsOut33093
9/9/07 8:32:59PM
I had split decision for hamill, i knew that at least 1 judge would take bisping in round 2. I don't know why everyone is getting freaked out about it.
10-9 Hamill
10-9 Hamill (2 judges)
10-9 Bisping
but 1 judge had bisping instead of hamill in the 2nd round...no biggie
Sir_Karl
9/9/07 9:52:23PM
Bisping didn't win that fight. A draw or a win for Hamill would have been much more appropriate.
Gladiator
9/9/07 10:42:48PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

I had split decision for hamill, i knew that at least 1 judge would take bisping in round 2. I don't know why everyone is getting freaked out about it.
10-9 Hamill
10-9 Hamill (2 judges)
10-9 Bisping
but 1 judge had bisping instead of hamill in the 2nd round...no biggie

what are u talking about? two judges had bisping in rnd two instead of hamil.
loonytnt
9/10/07 1:16:55AM
i wanna see a rematch
Rich78
9/10/07 6:06:29AM

Posted by chuck-da-iceman

i hope they never go back to the uk. that was pathitic. i think that was even worse to when peter manfrado jr got robbed against sergio mora in there second fight. i used 2 like bisbing but after the fight he showed no clas what so ever. matt hamil lossed cause he had red white and blue trunks and walked out to Born In The USA by spingsteen and mike bisbing is the hometown hero and noone in the stupid ass uk wants 2 see him lose cause its the only thing they got 2 be pround of.

Wow, what an insightful, concise and intelligent post. Dude, Hammill lost because IMO the judges didn't score it right. Whats the got to do with UK having nothing to be proud of!? I thought Hammill won, albeit not in great fashion, but he certainly did more than Bisping looked to do. Sure, not many in the UK want him to lose, but the vast majority of BRITISH fans at the arena thought he had, which is why the crowd were booing when Bisping was being interviewed afterwards, because we thought the decision was ridiculous. But you probably thought that was just because we were booing Rogan or something for being American. CroCop got a massive pop, and he ain't British. We cheered for Houston Alexander, he ain't from the UK.

The amount of booing overall wasn't big or clever, but you get that at all events these days, and although we did cheer more for the home guys (who doesn't), I still think the majority of fans there cheered for Davis (at the end), Alexander, both Hendo and Rampage got great receptions entering the octagon, and we booed the Bisping Hammil decision as we thought it was incorrect. Homeboy or not, Hammill won that fight imo.

Grow up son, and get over the fact that not everyone is anti-American, everyone likes and dislikes fighters for loads of reasons, regardless of the pretty minor fact of where they're from.
Lucas
9/10/07 6:57:25AM
Well said Rich78 I couldn't agree more, i tried to give you props but i'm not able to give props yet
D-Boy
9/10/07 11:08:56AM

Posted by StevieC

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by StevieC

Posted by D-Boy

Who cares I type fast....and from your post how is anyone able to sense sarcasim?? BISBING, BISBING, BISBING, you knew who I meant so who gives a rats ass...

jeremygreen
9/27/07 10:59:16AM
Ya, Hammil by far won this fight.
Pages: 1 2 [3]