Bullshit decision [Spoiler]

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Bullshit decision [Spoiler]
« Previous Page | Next Page »
DonnieDarko
9/9/07 1:09:12AM
totally agree something has to change with judges cause by no stretch of the imagination did bisping even get close to a split decision let alone a victory .

hamill owned the whole fight except the last 20 seconds. And i bet $1,662 on hamill and lost it all when i should have won BS.
ac_gi
9/9/07 1:18:26AM
The most disappointed I've ever been, by far, after a fight. Hamill kicked Bispings ass IMO. I suspect foul play. Someone check Cecil Peoples bank account in a couple of days.
DNor
9/9/07 1:19:07AM
The decision was correct, it was a split decision IMO. However, it was Mark Hamill who should of won it. Bisping was able to land some pretty good combo's but Hamill took Bisping down at will early in the fight.
It was weird because with about 1:00 left in the fight, Rogan and Goldberg were saying stuff like Lets see if Hamill can hold on to his victory (well something along the lines of that).
Im not too sure about that decision.
cmill21
9/9/07 1:22:29AM
Theres no way that was a split. Hamill was landing shots at will, he was taking him down when he felt like it. I don't know but this was not a good night for the UFC.
DevonFoxy
9/9/07 1:26:36AM
actually Cecil gave all three rounds to Hamill lol it was Jeff Mullen and Chris Watts who gave the last two rounds to Bisping and they are the bank accounts that we need to watch out for.
KissMyBallz
9/9/07 1:30:59AM
For once Joe Rogan at the end of the event said it right on target

"After tonight, now we see why Michael Bisping should probably move down to Middleweight".

Roughly translated?

Bisping can't hang with the big boys in LHW, so spare us future pain and move to MW Michael.

BTW, I'm not so convinced Bisping's striking is that great. He tends to get tagged alot and rocked alot, and I think someone like an Anderson Silva or even a freakin Rich Franklin would take Bisping out quick
LyNx
9/9/07 2:01:35AM
i always liked matt mainly due to the fact hes already at a disadvantage in fights without being able to hear your corner. bisping has always talkd alot of smack and never has been that respectful the more wins he get the more cocky he gets, as for joe rogan not saying anything ... dana white and zuffa ate his babies last time he did it and even edited his commentary about it in a spike showing of one he did.. From what we have seen though in progression of both fighters learning curve in a year matt if continuing along same path, will be far better the bisping.
VictimSix
9/9/07 2:22:32AM

Posted by KissMyBallz

BTW, I'm not so convinced Bisping's striking is that great. He tends to get tagged alot and rocked alot, and I think someone like an Anderson Silva or even a freakin Rich Franklin would take Bisping out quick

Right on the money. I was a bit shocked to see how crappy his striking was tonight. His Jab was...well it wasn't really a jab, it looked like his arm was to heavy for him to throw a Jab properly. I've seen many under .500 amature boxers feint better then that too, wiggling your hand does not create an opening. He needs to drop to 185 and learn the very basics of punching.

Grats to Matt Hamill for actually winning the fight and improving his standup. More polish on his strikes and foot work, throw in some subs and this guy could break the top 10 dare I say top 5? Time will tell but he is on a good track.
roadking95th
9/9/07 2:41:52AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Hammil was robbed!!!Bisping did nothing for the whole fight.That was bullshit!!!

Bisping was over dominated in round one, thats the nerves of having the whole of the uk on your shoulders. He started to find his range in round two and did some damage, hamill looked gassed after round two. Bisping by split was the right call. Lets be honest guys, hamill is tough, no doubt about it. If they'd fought in the final of the ultimate fighter series, i think we would of got the same decision as tonight. Mike needs to go down to middleweight now. Good show of respect in that fight, all the trash talk goes out the window and the mutual respect came through in their fight.

I think rampage was lucky, i had henderson down 3-2 rounds.

Marcus davis ... fight of the night !!!!

Excuse me! Good show of mutual respect in that fight? Did I miss something?
Svartorm
9/9/07 5:13:21AM
Wow, I'm apparently going to be terribly unpopular around here, but I agree with the 29-28 for Bisping.

Hamill CLEARLY won the first round. His striking was better, he controlled the fight and was the aggressor.

The second round I think was close, but Hamill was already starting to wilt and his striking went to hell. Bisping landed the more effective strikes and while the fight did hit the ground from Hamill takedowns, he did absolutely nothing with them until Bisping stood up. Ineffective takedowns are no better than ineffective punches.

The third round was clearly Bispings as he landed far more shots, one of which rocked Hamill, his TD defense was back on line and he was never in danger.

Not sure what the outrage is about here.
Fanboy 1988
9/9/07 5:42:51AM
Hammil won that first round by a VAST majority in my book. Round 2 was alittle closer but Hammil landed all the takedowns and was still able to hold his own in the stand up game. Round 3 was Bisbing's best round in the fight, Hammil was tiring toward the end of the fight but was by no means getting dominated.

It's simple why Hammil lost though, the UFC probably wanted the hometown kid to win. Simple as that.
MMA
9/9/07 6:33:18AM

Posted by Svartorm

Wow, I'm apparently going to be terribly unpopular around here, but I agree with the 29-28 for Bisping.

Hamill CLEARLY won the first round. His striking was better, he controlled the fight and was the aggressor.

The second round I think was close, but Hamill was already starting to wilt and his striking went to hell. Bisping landed the more effective strikes and while the fight did hit the ground from Hamill takedowns, he did absolutely nothing with them until Bisping stood up. Ineffective takedowns are no better than ineffective punches.

The third round was clearly Bispings as he landed far more shots, one of which rocked Hamill, his TD defense was back on line and he was never in danger.

Not sure what the outrage is about here.

I won't disagree that the 3rd round went to Bisping but I don't think either man did enough in the stand-up for the 2nd round. I thought Hamill was doing a good job defending the combinations that Bisping was throwing and when that happens, usually TDs score a lot of points (of which Hamill got in two TDs).

Hamill was still the aggressor of the two during the 2nd round as he was continuing stalking down Bisping. I still think Hamill should have still won, but if he had a bit better conditioning, it probably would have been more convincing.
mrsmiley
9/9/07 7:17:27AM
I just don't see how Bisping cold go home,watch this fight,and be pleased that he got a "gift" decision over a much better fighter that night.
Hurricane_Brad
9/9/07 8:07:52AM
That decision was utter shit, Hammil won that fight. He chased Bisping around the ring the whole fight, rocked him several times, and scored a number of takedowns. Bisping was unable to hurt Matt or even stop his advance. You could see it in Bisping's face that he knew he had lost. It's repulsive that he would talk smack after such a travesty. I'm confident, however, that Bisping's time as TUF superstar is fading fast. He was exposed tonight, and I'm confident that better opposition will eat him for breakfast.
jdubs
9/9/07 8:08:55AM
i was wanting bisbing to win... but matt won the fight clearly.. i kind of lost respect for bisbing based on the post fight interveiw
MartinKillMcGill
9/9/07 8:15:31AM

Posted by MMA

Micheal Bisping got damn lucky. Damn, it helps being the fan favorite sometime, I am totally disgusted by the judges' decision.

I thought Matt Hamill clearly won the 1st and 2nd round (some could even argue even the 3rd round since Hamill got 2 TDs). What happen to all those points that TDs are suppose to score? Man, I don't know what else to say. It was so pathetic.

Hamill got robbed bisbing had no answers and could not deal with hamills strenght and weight advantage.IMO the fact one judge gave hamill all three rounds and the other two gave bisbing two rounds shows what a dogy decision this was. I think this fight will be a huge wake up call for bisbing and expect to see him fight at 185 now
Aether
9/9/07 8:49:19AM
personally, I think that Hamill won the fight, but I don't think it was quite as lopsided as people make it out to be. I give round 1 obviously to Hamill, round 3 to Bispbing, and round 2 to Hamill but not by much. I agree that Hamill won, but I don't think that anyone can claim he should've won a 30-27 victory or that it was a landslide in his favour. I think it was a bad call but I also think it was a lot closer than people make it out to be. I also agree that Cecil Peoples is by far the worst judge to ever score a match, and his reffing in smaller orgs demonstrates how little he knows about the sport... The instant a fight hits the ground he stands the fighters up.
Dyerseve
9/9/07 9:13:35AM

Posted by Aether

I also agree that Cecil Peoples is by far the worst judge to ever score a match, and his reffing in smaller orgs demonstrates how little he knows about the sport... The instant a fight hits the ground he stands the fighters up.

I agree totally. I can't believe they have this guy reffing in other orgs. Absolute travisty to the sport.

I thought Bisping lost decisively. Hammill exposed him for what he is, another overrated overhyped poster boy for the UFC.
silverbullet
9/9/07 9:24:36AM
I broke the rules in the last post so it was deleted, and I'm going to keep this one short. I think Hamil won the fight, and Bisping was disrespectful to him on TUF, before their fight, and after the fight. Hamil was amazingly respectful even though I could barely hear him in the post-fight interview. I lost all the respect I had for Bisping.
Chuteboxer
9/9/07 9:24:47AM
It's pathetic that Bisping won...I wanna see a rematch some day, somewhere else besides England, some place neutral, where Bisping can't get a win merely because he's the hometown hero.
D-Boy
9/9/07 9:37:31AM
Guys please don't be stupid here the judges are not British it was a bad call but not because of what country it was in.
TheRebel
9/9/07 9:47:57AM
The first round was complete domination by Hamill.
The secound round was not as dominant, but still not close. Hamill stalked Bisping the entire round. Bisping never landed anything to hurt Hamill or even back him up. On the contrary, Hamill's jab would knock Bisping back 3 feet. He also took him down and pounded him at will.
The third round was close, but again, Bisping did nothing to hurt Hamill. He threw more punches this time because he knew he was down 2-0, but very few of those punches landed and when they did Hamill still wasn't backing up. The one judge who had all 3 for Hamill was the only honest one in the building. Peoples should be fined, fired, and exiled, along with that other idiot who gave the classless Bisping a gift.
The UFC should OVETURN this decision. It is the only right thing to do.
wwkk2
9/9/07 10:04:02AM
I think the next step for Houston Alexander is a fight with the winner of the Tito - Evans fight or possibly a Heath Herring fight. I think the judges got the call right with Rampage only because he took over in the latter "Championship" rounds. However, the Matt Hamill decision was a total SCREW JOB. He controlled the stand up and dominated the ground game. One judge has the fight 30/27 Hamill. I had the same. At WORST 29/28, with the 3rd round going to Bisping. I like Michael Bisping, but he cannot feel good about that win.
ac_gi
9/9/07 10:15:22AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

actually Cecil gave all three rounds to Hamill lol it was Jeff Mullen and Chris Watts who gave the last two rounds to Bisping and they are the bank accounts that we need to watch out for.

The last result read was from Cecil's scorecard, they said he scored the fight 29-28 for Bisping.
chuck-da-iceman
9/9/07 10:15:51AM
i hope they never go back to the uk. that was pathitic. i think that was even worse to when peter manfrado jr got robbed against sergio mora in there second fight. i used 2 like bisbing but after the fight he showed no clas what so ever. matt hamil lossed cause he had red white and blue trunks and walked out to Born In The USA by spingsteen and mike bisbing is the hometown hero and noone in the stupid ass uk wants 2 see him lose cause its the only thing they got 2 be pround of.
stock
9/9/07 10:19:58AM
I agree with most.
I truly do think that Hamill won all 3 rounds, but I could possibly see how some poeple may have wanted to give one round to Bisping.

I feel terrible for Hamill and I won money on this fight. I would almost be willing to give every dollar back just for the integrity of the sport. I feel like I am holding dirty money right now.
jack
9/9/07 10:32:49AM
Hamil dominated him. Where was Joe Rogan on that call? Normally, he would be outraged by such an obvious bad call and be calling for the judge to resign or hung. I was actually surprised that Mike Goldberg at the end of the show was the one mocking the decision (facial expressions while Joe was talking saying that Bisping won). I was just at a loss for words and I can't wait for a rematch.
DevonFoxy
9/9/07 11:08:01AM

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by DevonFoxy

The last result read was from Cecil's scorecard, they said he scored the fight 29-28 for Bisping.

Link

I got my info from there and it said Cecil was the lone guy to give all three rounds to Hamill. I was confused when they read cecil and then i looked at it on the website and said Cecil gave all three rounds to Hamill. Idk thought the site could definitely be wrong i just wen off that tho.
StevieC
9/9/07 11:14:15AM

Posted by D-Boy

I thought it was allright tbh, I don't think takedowns are supposed to give so many points look at how Nick Diaz has been robbed so many times by that.

I thought hamil def won the first round and the other two were bispings

Are you kidding?? Bisbing was Hamill bitch the whole fight, Bisbing didn't win a round. Your like those moron judges who must of saw a totally different fight then the one that was on hand.....COLLUSION!
StevieC
9/9/07 11:21:01AM
OK, to some of you out there I don't get it...

HOW IN THE HELL COULD YOU THINK BISBING WON THAT FIGHT?

Are you stupid? I mean it's ok if you are, there are a lot of dumb people out there...:

I mean seriously anyone who knows anything about MMA knows that Hamill won the fight and won it easy.

I wasn't really interested in the Hendo/Rampage fight after that because it makes me wonder what kind of judges are at these things. I mean does this mean if Rich Franklin goes the distance with Anderson Silva but Silva CLEARLY is the winner, Franklin wins because he is in OHIO?

It was a bullshit call and the most ridiculas judging I have ever seen. And for Bisbing to have the fricken nerve to stand in there I say how good he was and how he was the true Ultimate Fighter is dumb and I will never like that guy as a fighter again. Put him in against Shogun and end his friggin career......
Pages: 1 [2] 3