Buentello and Coker not seeing eye to eye, UFC bound?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Buentello and Coker not seeing eye to eye, UFC bound?
BrutalKnockOut
9/10/09 9:50:00PM
Buentello and Coker not seeing eye to eye, UFC bound?

Coker speaks on Buentello and says he turned down Fedor fight, and was let out of his Strikeforce contract.
prozacnation1978
9/10/09 10:16:51PM
i heard he turned down fedor fight but i do think he lands in ufc
i always liked paul
higdon10
9/10/09 10:27:13PM
I like Buentello, hope he ends up in the UFC.
IriShame
9/10/09 10:47:30PM
I've always liked Buentello as well but let's be honest, he's a second tier Heavyweight at best. I don't see that many intrigueing matchups for him in the UFC and with the influx of fighters due to come in after TUF 10 is there really room for "The Headhunter"? I just don't see the logic in signing a vet like Buentello. He's not a draw and he's not that good. I guess they could use him to build up prospects but that role is already being filled by Heath Herring and Chieck Kongo and Mustapha Al-Turk and... well the list goes on but my point is why? Why Buentello and why now?
ChokeUout
9/10/09 11:06:14PM
Eh, why not? The UFC seems to be snatching up everyone with a semi-recognizable name lately, and he'd be a servicable card-filler to throw in against someone looking for a win.
Nightmare27
9/10/09 11:09:18PM
He took out Baby Fedor, he should have went for the Big Papa. Its not like he had much to lose other than his boyish good looks.
kopower
9/11/09 12:16:25AM
I'd take him for the name recognition alone. Give him a three fight contract and see what happens. There are some interesting match ups that could be made
chokehead
9/11/09 2:17:17AM
I'm sure people would enjoy his stand up... that's all he wants to do, anyway.

Khaos
9/11/09 2:54:10AM
I hope the UFC picks him up, and resigns him, I want to see him in the UFC and so do a lot of other people. He's a good fighter and former title contender, I say give him benefit of the doubt and sign him.
AO
9/11/09 7:44:00AM
If dana and co really plan and doing like 40 shows in 2010 they need every possible A and B list fighter available.