Buenetello Calls Out Kimbo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Buenetello Calls Out Kimbo
DCRage
2/19/08 6:45:52AM
On a radio show Monday night, Paul Buenetello not only confirmed his appearance on the 3/29 Strikeforce/EliteXC event, but said that after that fight he wants Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson as his next opponent.

Article
DCRage
2/19/08 6:46:39AM
I really got a kick out of this line from the article: "He needs to get off that buffet line I put out there and come over to my Paul Buentello taco shop and see if we can get to work.”
Focker101
2/19/08 7:01:28AM
hmmm what I like most about this fight is it will give us a better gauge of where Kimbo really is

I think Kimbo wins this fight, 2nd round KO
The_Grim_Reaper
2/19/08 9:07:33AM
lol "my Paul Buenotello taco shop" greatest line ever
CornishMMA
2/19/08 9:15:25AM
Was anybody else around on the UG about a year ago when Paul posted that he wanted to fight Kimbo?

This fight has been coming but seemed very unlikely back then, i thought back then that Paul would mess him up with shots down the pipe but Kimbo does look like he might have an iron chin
rabbit915
2/19/08 9:44:21AM
If he gets this fight, i would be happy that Kimbo gets a legitimate opponent so we can finally see how good he is but at the same time i want to see how well he does against someone with some skill on the ground to see if Kimbo can control a fight and keep it standing where he wants it. Buentello is just going to throw punches with him.
McBee
2/19/08 10:23:29AM
Does this mean anything, it seems like calling people out and that kind of thing it not really how fights are made. This whole thing seems like a waste of time. I would definitely want to see Kimbo against a ground guy too, this is MIXED martial arts! The brawlers are entertaining but I refuse to call someone good until the fight decent opponents, not Tank and someone has at least tried to impose a different gameplay to them.
gartface
2/19/08 10:55:16AM
Both come out swinging. Kevin Ferguson KO's Buentello in the 2nd!

War Kevin Ferguson!
cj_striker
2/19/08 11:34:50AM
Better be careful what you ask for. Although Buenetello brings about the best challenge so far for Kimbo, I see Buenetello getting KTFO (he is funny as shit though), but Kimbo wants his bread, not no damn taco Paul.

I do agree even though Kimbo's striking looked sharp and I'm sure he is evolving into a pretty decent mixed martial artist under Bas, he needs some quality competition in the next year to two years to see where he's really at.
Sir_Karl
2/19/08 1:02:20PM
I would like to see it. I don't think it would last long either way though.
Paul would be Kimbo's first legit opponent. Paul has some serious "hands".
Kimbo has never faced anyone with the striking skills Paul has.
It could go either way really. Enough of the Tomato cans.
Lesner gets thrown to the wolves....Kimbo gets the Tomato cans.
Buentello could just be the guy to leave Kimbo lying on his back...arms and legs stiff, toes curled.....or vice versa.
DBest
2/19/08 1:22:31PM
I don't think kimbo has an Iron jaw. I mean look at how much facial hair he has. Like 5 inches. They should make him shave some of that. However I do think that Kimbo would KO Buenetello because Paul just doesn't have the chin to match his punching power.
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 1:53:49PM
kimbo will win vs him.. really i think after his contract is up with elite xc then he goes o ufc and fights real competition cause hes gonna run through everyone there.
gartface
2/19/08 2:17:34PM

Posted by MikeBillotto

kimbo will win vs him.. really i think after his contract is up with elite xc then he goes o ufc and fights real competition cause hes gonna run through everyone there.

If I'm not mistaken, Dana White hates Kimbo.
Near07
2/19/08 2:38:53PM
Dana White does hate Kimbo, but once Kimbo proves himself a couple more times (Buenetello) Dana will be all over him. Hear the crowd chanting his name, if there is money to be made Dana will be all over it. I call first round KO for Kimbo. I do agree he needs to fight some more skilled fighters but he will only get better.
BlazinSaddle
2/19/08 4:13:34PM
buentello must still be rocked from allistars' knees, seriously i dont wanna see paul lose but if hes calling out kimbo its bad news for him, this could be over quicker than arlovki/buentello
McBee
2/19/08 5:12:25PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

buentello must still be rocked from allistars' knees, seriously i dont wanna see paul lose but if hes calling out kimbo its bad news for him, this could be over quicker than arlovki/buentello

I think you all are crazy I say Buentello 1st round via ground and pound, he is a decent wrestler and will show Kimbo what happens to his looping shots when he is throwing them from his back
Focker101
2/20/08 2:00:44PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by BlazinSaddle

I think you all are crazy I say Buentello 1st round via ground and pound, he is a decent wrestler and will show Kimbo what happens to his looping shots when he is throwing them from his back

I think it would be alot like the Gilbert Aldana fight
Buentello would just hold him down with great side control and pound on him for three rounds or less
Ordep
2/20/08 4:23:29PM
Kimbo should fear the consequences