When Is Buckethead Going To Take That Fokking Bucket Off His Head???

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » When Is Buckethead Going To Take That Fokking Bucket Off His Head???
POLL: Should Buckethead lose the KFC bucket on his head?
Yes, it's done like dinner. 7% (2)
No, that shit is still cool. 30% (9)
Maybe downsize to McDonald's Happy Meal box? 7% (2)
I don't give a fok either way - fok u Johnny! 37% (11)
That empty bucket is a result of Axel's appetite for self destruction - cool! 10% (3)
Ban 10% (3)
JohnnyNapalm
10/2/08 12:28:02PM

Heads up everyone - I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet... I mean Buckethead. Dude is awesome on the axe and despite the misfortune of having to share the stage with Fatcell Rose and that other scary dude who's hair is falling out in clumps due to scurvy, he's already reached Rock God status. But has he taken that bucket off his head yet? Anyone? WTF?

First time I seen Buckethead on stage with the new G'N'R' I thought "that dude Buckethead is weird". The I thought it was funny, the bucket that is. Now I just question the whole thing and wonder if Buckethead needs the bucket like some kind of security blanket. I mean it can't be fun going on stage with a fokking KFC bucket on your head every night. There has to be deep rooted psychological problems involved.

I don't know, maybe Buckethead looks like a real tire biter and feels he needs the mask/bucket combo. Maybe he has a mug like that dude from "The Hills Have Eyes"? Whatever, it can't be worse than lookin' at Keith Richards' craggy face.

Lose the bucket, Buckethead - it's time to move on!
disorderlyvision
10/2/08 1:22:58PM
seems to be a close race between "fok you johnny" and "ban"
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/2/08 2:36:56PM
that shit is cool! hope he never takes it off

if he did take it off, what would we call him?

emfleek
10/2/08 2:37:06PM
He wears the bucket because he rocks and because he can.
DJDark41
10/2/08 3:03:01PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Heads up everyone - I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet... I mean Buckethead. Dude is awesome on the axe and despite the misfortune of having to share the stage with Fatcell Rose and that other scary dude who's hair is falling out in clumps due to scurvy, he's already reached Rock God status. But has he taken that bucket off his head yet? Anyone? WTF?

First time I seen Buckethead on stage with the new G'N'R' I thought "that dude Buckethead is weird". The I thought it was funny, the bucket that is. Now I just question the whole thing and wonder if Buckethead needs the bucket like some kind of security blanket. I mean it can't be fun going on stage with a fokking KFC bucket on your head every night. There has to be deep rooted psychological problems involved.

I don't know, maybe Buckethead looks like a real tire biter and feels he needs the mask/bucket combo. Maybe he has a mug like that dude from "The Hills Have Eyes"? Whatever, it can't be worse than lookin' at Keith Richards' craggy face.

He is the only one in the world who can get away with wearing a bucket on your head. Its easy to say "he looks ridiculous like that," but then you hear him play and you realize that he can do whatever the f*** he wants to. Actually, I admire Buckethead for keeping his look. In an world where so much of music and popularity is based on what you look like, rather then how good you actually can play, and by Buckethead wearing ridiculous things like a KFC bucket, a plain white mask and occasionally a yellow jumpsuit, it stops becoming about what he looks like, and more about the music. Slipknot is very much the same way, despite using the crazy designs of the masks, they are otherwise a very "music over looks" type of band, which I respect greatly.
JohnnyNapalm
10/2/08 4:45:34PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

He is the only one in the world who can get away with wearing a bucket on your head. Its easy to say "he looks ridiculous like that," but then you hear him play and you realize that he can do whatever the f*** he wants to. Actually, I admire Buckethead for keeping his look. In an world where so much of music and popularity is based on what you look like, rather then how good you actually can play, and by Buckethead wearing ridiculous things like a KFC bucket, a plain white mask and occasionally a yellow jumpsuit, it stops becoming about what he looks like, and more about the music. Slipknot is very much the same way, despite using the crazy designs of the masks, they are otherwise a very "music over looks" type of band, which I respect greatly.

Yep.

And KISS wore make-up because they wanted everyone to notice how great their musicianship was
iwannabesedated
10/2/08 5:23:19PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Yep.

And KISS wore make-up because they wanted everyone to notice how great their musicianship was

I thought they wore make-up because they were ugly jewish dudes.

Darnok
10/2/08 7:07:05PM
Thats funny. It reminds me of when my daughter dumped a whole bucket of popcorn over this guys head and shoved the bucket down on his head cause he was picking on her. Of course we made him wear it for the rest of the night, that was one good hockey game.
DJDark41
10/2/08 7:39:08PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Yep.

I thought they wore make-up because they were ugly jewish dudes.

Quite the opposite in fact for KISS. 6 inch platform boots, spitting fire, wings, stupid looking facepaint. All in an effort to get MORE attention in an age of plain and generic rock music.
pv3Hpv3p
10/3/08 10:48:33AM
Well he couldn't very well have people calling him "Buckethead" without the bucket, now could he?
DJDark41
10/3/08 2:14:08PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Well he couldn't very well have people calling him "Buckethead" without the bucket, now could he?

Yeah, not to mention the name "Head" would sound pretty stupid too.
mrsumo
10/4/08 5:58:32AM
Get this! He played a show at a club I used to do security for, He came in hours before the show started and left almost two hours after the show, and never took off the mask! He changes buckets periodically, but never took off the mask. When he ate dinner, he went way in the back where noone goes to eat. It was crazy, my office was right next to the green room so I thought I would see what he looks like,but no. He is the best guitarist ever.
big_timmy
10/4/08 11:36:33AM
With that hair, there is only one possible person under there.

Weird Al.
JohnnyNapalm
10/4/08 1:00:21PM

Posted by mrsumo

Get this! He played a show at a club I used to do security for, He came in hours before the show started and left almost two hours after the show, and never took off the mask! He changes buckets periodically, but never took off the mask. When he ate dinner, he went way in the back where noone goes to eat. It was crazy, my office was right next to the green room so I thought I would see what he looks like,but no. He is the best guitarist ever.

Best ever?

C'mon dude, there's guys out there that are equally good, if not better. But that's not taking away from his talent, he's definitely ONE of the best.

Randy Rhodes and Eddie Van Halen were pretty good in their primes (Randy was just getting into his) even though they never wore buckets
big_timmy
10/4/08 1:03:29PM

Need i put a huge neon sign pointing out the obvious exclusion of the man in my avatar to your little list?
DJDark41
10/4/08 5:27:04PM

Posted by big_timmy

Need i put a huge neon sign pointing out the obvious exclusion of the man in my avatar to your little list?

No offense, and this is coming from a kid who's entire life has been inspired and influenced by the late, great, Dimebag Darrell, but there are so many better guitarists out there. Sure, Dime saved metal in the 90s and has practically invented the style that every metal guitarist and their little brother now plays, but I don't think in terms of pure talent that Dimebag is up there with guys like Petrucci, and Satriani. Sure, he was phenominal, but there is more to being a talented guitarist then pure shredding and cool noises. While Dimebag did have very emotional and heart-felt solos(Hollow/Floods anyone?)I just don't think they compare up to some of the wonderous solos of a guy like Petrucci.

That being said, most fans of music today have no idea who Dimebag, let alone Pantera, even are. When people ask me who my favorite band is and who my favorite guitarist is and such, I start naming bands that are so freakin talented and they have no idea who I am talking about, and then they come out with an answer like Slash, Eddie Van Halen or "that guy from Aerosmith." And yes, I have gotten answers like my last example, and I wanted to kill the kid.

So, all ranting aside, I don't blame people for leaving Dimebag out of the discussion of greatest guitar players ever, but what really defines greatness? Like I said before, Dimebag single handedly saved metal and in the process, created a style that every metal player and their little brother now play.

RIP Dimebag, rock on brother.
big_timmy
10/4/08 10:00:23PM
I was gonna point out a very obvious flaw in your argument, but you covered it right towards the end. What really defines greatness anyway?

Sure, Dimebag wasnt the most technically sound axeman, but if your after pure emotion and just sound in general, its hard to go past him.

Then you got guys like Zakk Wylde and Randy who are technically sound in everyway, but their stuff shys more away from pure emotion, noise, and brutality than Dimebag ever used to.

So dont get me wrong, im not ruling anyone else out, but i cant go past Dimebag as my favorite, or the greatest to me, guitarist of all time.

Forever missed.
We_Todd_Did
10/8/08 12:49:13AM

Posted by DJDark41

Quite the opposite in fact for KISS. 6 inch platform boots, spitting fire, wings, stupid looking facepaint. All in an effort to get MORE attention in an age of plain and generic rock music.

Thank Hades for you saying exactly what old fossil rockers have gotten pissed at me for saying time and again.

KISS, for all their ...ummm....innovation?....was talentless, 3 chord elementary rock a la Metallica Black Album that any 7th grader can learn on, except that at least Hetfield could sing worth half a crap.Furthermore, people who try to claim Ace Frehley as a top guitarist should be forced to wear mittens pinned to their shirts.

Having said that, "great" guitarist is a very subjective term.I, for one, can't stand that Satriani stuff, all technically perfect but kinda cheesy and without feeling.I prefer innovation, emotion, and heartfelt soul in guitarists (Stevie Ray Vaughan, anyone?),and that's coming from a Dimebag-loving purist metalhead, through and through.

Just my $0.02.