MFOTHER
11/15/08 3:33:17PM
7-7 is far from being duncan mccloud
Khaos
11/15/08 3:40:37PM
Brown's a lot more intimidating.
Rush
11/15/08 4:17:17PM
I never thought Brown was that great. The guy can hit hard, but that only gets you so far in MMA. He gives up subs too easy.

The way I see him (right now) as a fighter is that if he can't get the KO in the first few mins, and he's fighting a grappler, he spends the rest of the fight defending or eventually getting subbed.

I guess we'll see if he has stepped up his game.
Twenty20Dollars
11/16/08 12:57:10AM
Matt Brown via Armbar R2!
Faze
11/16/08 1:09:14AM
Rush i would have to say Brown just made you look like the biggest jackass ever. That was extremely good BJJ for someone not known to have any.
prie5t
11/16/08 7:39:49AM

Posted by Rush

I never thought Brown was that great. The guy can hit hard, but that only gets you so far in MMA. He gives up subs too easy.

The way I see him (right now) as a fighter is that if he can't get the KO in the first few mins, and he's fighting a grappler, he spends the rest of the fight defending or eventually getting subbed.

I guess we'll see if he has stepped up his game.

I had a similar opinion of him from what I saw on TUF but it seems he's developing quite nicely as a fighter since leaving the show. Not saying he's a world beater or anything by any means but at least he seems to be walking in the right direction to becoming a competant fighter.
MFOTHER
11/16/08 10:25:34AM
well i picked brown......pretty happy too
Aether
11/16/08 2:47:57PM

Posted by Faze

Rush i would have to say Brown just made you look like the biggest jackass ever. That was extremely good BJJ for someone not known to have any.

His BJJ wasn't that great. It was OK, it looked better than it is because of his opponent. I agree with Rush... Matt Brown is a tough guy who hits hard but he's never going to beat any of the top 20-30 fighters in the weight class IMO.