Brown, De Fries Receive New Opponents for UFC 138, 139

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brown, De Fries Receive New Opponents for UFC 138, 139
FastKnockout
10/17/11 7:57:32PM
Injuries suffered by Englishmen John Hathaway and Oli Thompson have altered the card of UFC 138, the promotion’s Nov. 5 event at LG Arena in Birmingham, England.

An undisclosed injury forced Thompson to withdraw from his heavyweight matchup against countryman Philip De Fries, but UFC officials announced Monday that Rob Broughton has verbally agreed to step in and meet De Fries on Nov. 5.

Hathaway was also scratched from the card with an unknown ailment. His opponent, American Matt Brown, will now get to fight on home soil, as “The Immortal” has verbally agreed to fight Seth Baczynski (Pictured) at UFC 139, Nov. 19 at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

LINK
prozacnation1978
10/17/11 9:15:07PM
Okay now I feel bad for british fans
U lose a whole main card fight and go from 12 to 11 fights
And this card was already crap to begin with
I do feel bad for you!!

At least brougton is on the card

Curious what main card fight will take its place
My guess is diabatte vs perosh
Chael_Sonnen
10/17/11 10:28:39PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Okay now I feel bad for british fans
U lose a whole main card fight and go from 12 to 11 fights
And this card was already crap to begin with
I do feel bad for you!!

At least brougton is on the card

Curious what main card fight will take its place
My guess is diabatte vs perosh

Aren't the fight cards free across the pond? If so, I don't feel sorry.
Twenty20Dollars
10/17/11 11:00:31PM
Solid replacements.

I didn't want anyone to lose in Brown/Hathaway, but Brown vs Seth is going to be a good scrap against two finishers.
Budgellism
10/18/11 12:03:11AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Solid replacements.

I didn't want anyone to lose in Brown/Hathaway, but Brown vs Seth is going to be a good scrap against two finishers.

Brown vs. Baczynski is a pick em fight in my opinion. Great fight that will probably earn some sort of fight night bonus.
Pookie
10/18/11 1:11:47AM
Matt Brown by Murder.

And yes that's been my pick the last 3 or 4 Matt Brown fights. But seriously, who picked Howard over Brown anyway?
Rabi
10/18/11 1:36:35AM
Im going to UFC 138, Brown v Hathaway is a big loss to the card, but Im still looking forward to going.
emfleek
10/18/11 8:54:50AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Aren't the fight cards free across the pond? If so, I don't feel sorry.

They may be free on TV but tickets to the event aren't exactly cheap.

But, anyways...I don't think it's a bad card at all. The main card is rather solid, imo.

Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao
Thiago Alves vs. Papy Abedi
Paul Taylor vs. Anthony Njokuani
+ one other fight