Brown Agrees To Defend WEC Title Against Garcia

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brown Agrees To Defend WEC Title Against Garcia
DCRage
12/20/08 4:02:36PM
While the exact date still has to be worked out, WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Brown has verbally agreed to what will be the first defense of his title. It likely will be in March but his opponent is set-Leonard Garcia.

Article
ohiostate1016
12/20/08 4:16:00PM
This should definitely be an interesting fight. I have Garcia taking this one, setting up a dandy in Garcia vs. Faber. If the WEC wants to do PPV, that's the fight that they need to start with.
Wolfenstein
12/20/08 4:31:29PM
Awesome, should be a war. Leonard Garcia seems to be the next big thing at 145. He looks like a completely different fighter than the one who was dominated by Cole Miller and Roger Huerta in the UFC. Looks like another guy that has seriously upped his game since joining Jackson's.

"Who has he ever knocked out" said Jens Pulver leading up to his match with Leonard Garcia. The answer? Jen Pulver.
Jim_Dangle
12/20/08 7:07:29PM
Takaya is a better win than Pulver. Pulver fought four total pudballs on pro boxing bouts and thoughr he was king shit of stand up in MMA.
MikeyG
12/20/08 10:51:15PM
Garcia is on the rise at 145, I see him taking the belt in convincing fashion probably later on in the fight. This dude has the heart of a champ, Faber Vs Garcia would be awesome as well as Brown Vs Faber 2.
bls1919
12/20/08 11:33:33PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

This should definitely be an interesting fight. I have Garcia taking this one, setting up a dandy in Garcia vs. Faber. If the WEC wants to do PPV, that's the fight that they need to start with.

Hit it right on the head. Garcia is no joke. A fight hyped between Garcia and Faber could do well IMO. It would need a great undercard, but would sell.
Twenty20Dollars
12/20/08 11:43:07PM
Will this make it out of the first. What a turn around to Garcia, beaten down in UFC and then almost goes to prison for that drug thingy. Now knocking out people and fighting for the title.
gartface
12/21/08 1:58:11AM

Posted by Jim_Dangle

Takaya is a better win than Pulver. Pulver fought four total pudballs on pro boxing bouts and thoughr he was king shit of stand up in MMA.

You can't discredit what Pulver has done for the featherweight or lightweight division. That being said, I think that Brown takes this fight. He's massive for 145, and has a very well rounded game. It'll be interesting to see if he tries to take this to the ground immediately or try to stand and bang with Garcia. Both of them have dynamite in their fists, but Brown I think has the decisive advantage on the ground.
kaduey
12/21/08 2:13:33PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Awesome, should be a war. Leonard Garcia seems to be the next big thing at 145. He looks like a completely different fighter than the one who was dominated by Cole Miller and Roger Huerta in the UFC. Looks like another guy that has seriously upped his game since joining Jackson's.

"Who has he ever knocked out" said Jens Pulver leading up to his match with Leonard Garcia. The answer? Jen Pulver.

Garcia was with Greg Jackson when he lost to Huerta and Miller. Brown will be him with relative ease. Garcia is a tough guy but Brown has far better skills in all departments.