Two Kansas brothers won $75,000 in the lottery but accidentally blew up their house while celebrating on Friday night, the Wichita Eagle reports.
They loaded up on marijuana and crystal meth to celebrate the big win, but ran into trouble when a butane lighter they were using to light their bong ran out of fuel.
One of the brothers opened a canister of butane, not realizing that the vapours were leaking into the air throughout the house.”The butane vapour cloud reached a pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect — kaboom,” Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department told the Eagle.
A 27-year-old man suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms and chest. His girlfriend piled the victim and some children into a car and dropped him off at the emergency room of a local hospital before taking off. The man was in serious but stable condition, police said.
Officers paid a visit to the house, where they found the other brother unharmed. He admitted to possession of marijuana and meth and was taken into custody, Watts said.
No word on whether the lottery winnings will cover damage to the house, but let’s hope they checked the ticket very carefully before starting the party.link