Broncos Trade Jay Cutler To...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Broncos Trade Jay Cutler To...
« Previous Page
C02
4/3/09 1:38:12PM
Ok, if Devin Hester is soooooooooo good what did he do last year. Oh 665 rec. yards oh yeah that sucks. 3 TDs that is horrible, 5 fumbles which is really bad.

They got Jay Cutler yes that is good but for Hester it won't matter he doesn't have a hands to be a WR. All people from Chicago or who like Chicago overrate him. He is not as good as everyone says he is.

I don't hate the Bears and I don't hate Hester I hope he does good this year. I used to love seeing him get the ball but now I don't want him to get the ball unless it is 4th and 20 and they need a TD to make the playoffs or advance in the playoffs.
emfleek
4/3/09 2:54:52PM

Posted by C02

Ok, if Devin Hester is soooooooooo good what did he do last year. Oh 665 rec. yards oh yeah that sucks. 3 TDs that is horrible, 5 fumbles which is really bad.

They got Jay Cutler yes that is good but for Hester it won't matter he doesn't have a hands to be a WR. All people from Chicago or who like Chicago overrate him. He is not as good as everyone says he is.

I don't hate the Bears and I don't hate Hester I hope he does good this year. I used to love seeing him get the ball but now I don't want him to get the ball unless it is 4th and 20 and they need a TD to make the playoffs or advance in the playoffs.

...it was his first full year as a WR. Give him a f'ing break.
C02
4/3/09 2:59:22PM
sorry, that I am an inpatient fan of Chicago with the Cubs, Bears, Blackhawks and Bulls. Devin Hester needs to get a tad bit smarter to get better at football. You have to admit this he is one stupid kid.
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/09 3:18:28PM

Posted by C02

Kyle Orton's career high passing yardage was 334 yards with 2 TDs against the pitiful Detroit defense. Jay Cutler does that 8 times a season against better defenses.

The same way a great WR can make a decent QB look great, a great QB can make a good WR look a whole lot better. Expect Hester to have 1000+ yards this season and double digit TDs. This season the Bears should get him focused on being a WR only. Im sure he will be Cutlers go to guy.

Also, you talk about how his yardage sucks but did you realize he was also their reurn guy? He wasnt 100% receiver. Do you expect him to play 500 plays a game?!
C02
4/3/09 3:24:34PM
I do agree with you that they should just focus him at WR 'cause he's too dumb to transition to WR and returner. They have Daniel Manning and he looks pretty good at returning.

Also, since I think he is their most overrated player I think Kevin Payne is their most underrated.
cowcatcher
4/3/09 4:07:10PM
well hester was playing his first year at WR and it really showed. he runs routes as poorly as stevie wonder with a squirrel down his pants, and he gives up on plays. now he has great athletic ability and is an instinctive player which is exactly what you need with a KR, but he needs to show hes capable of learning the playbook and running proper routes or hes never going to be the WR that his athletic ability says he could be. i think he has potential, but his head has to catch up to his body at some point. cutler is going to be good for him, but i dont know that hes a guy that cutler can count on to make the right read so he can break his route off or turn it upfield. someone has to catch some balls in chicago next year and as of right now hes the best option at WR.
cmill21
4/3/09 4:19:15PM
Lol the Bronco's traded away a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB who just threw for 4500 yards. I don't even know why the Bronco's would have been interested in Cassel, he had one of the best O lines with a great tight end, great inside reciever and the most naturally gifted WR in the game. I think Denver f'd up big time, I mean look at some of the recent draft busts at QB, Couch, Carr, Leaf, Smith, Harrington and they have a guy who's a top level guy at 25 and trade him? Sure Chicago needs a WR, and they need some other peices but man, getting a franchise QB who's proven in the NFL, while every QB Denver might grab could turn out to be a bust is a good thing IMO.
SpiderSilva
4/3/09 5:18:42PM
time will only tell he came from a team that had an offense made for a QB like him
well its not the same in Chicago its hard to think he will do as well in Chicago sure keep your hopes up
denver didn't get rid of him HE WANTED OUT so what if they listened to trade talks dude couldn't handle it now he has a team where he can now show if he is really good or not this can go either way he can just remember there is no Mashall,Royal,Stokley,or Sheffler to throw to on Chicago maybe he can kick the ball to Hester to help improve those totals
cmill21
4/3/09 5:53:37PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

time will only tell he came from a team that had an offense made for a QB like him
well its not the same in Chicago its hard to think he will do as well in Chicago sure keep your hopes up
denver didn't get rid of him HE WANTED OUT so what if they listened to trade talks dude couldn't handle it now he has a team where he can now show if he is really good or not this can go either way he can just remember there is no Mashall,Royal,Stokley,or Sheffler to throw to on Chicago maybe he can kick the ball to Hester to help improve those totals

Don't get me wrong, Denver was my favorite team in the NFL for years, but they don't produce QB's like they do RB's.
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/09 6:03:26PM

Posted by SpiderSilva
he came from a team that had an offense made for a QB like him
well its not the same in Chicago its hard to think he will do as well in Chicago

I dont doubt for a minute that Cutler wont put up nearly the same numbers but now with Chicago he will almost certainly have a winning record and a spot in the playoffs.
cmill21
4/3/09 6:12:40PM
Maybe they'll sign Plax lol.
SpiderSilva
4/3/09 10:52:53PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by SpiderSilva

Don't get me wrong, Denver was my favorite team in the NFL for years, but they don't produce QB's like they do RB's.

they did make some players better Grease and Plummer had their best years in Denver and bother within the next 2 years were gone after producing so it happens in Denver more than you think hell Plummer had a vary good record and they let him go for Cutler the Broncos kind of did the QB musical chairs well in the end I hope both teams do great
Twenty20Dollars
4/4/09 12:25:06AM
Why are people giving the Bears the edge in the division?

What about the vikings, I think they will win the division again. I will also go out and say the packers will be better than the bears also.

Bears gave up too much for cutler. I think the Broncos can prolly win the division, if they can maintain that offense with orton or simms as the QB and then new RB's there. Also the new defense players might help.

But the deal is done, so lets get ready for the draft.
C02
4/4/09 12:52:37AM
What do you mean too much they lost Orton and a draft pick for this year big woop they would have picked a horrible kid anyway

its going to be between Vikings and Bears and I think Bears have the stuff to pull it off
Twenty20Dollars
4/4/09 10:23:31AM
Bears gave up Orton, a first round '09 pick, a third round '09 pick and a 2010 first round draft pick.

Thats too much.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/4/09 11:52:14AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Why are people giving the Bears the edge in the division?

What about the vikings, I think they will win the division again. I will also go out and say the packers will be better than the bears also.

Bears gave up too much for cutler. I think the Broncos can prolly win the division, if they can maintain that offense with orton or simms as the QB and then new RB's there. Also the new defense players might help.

But the deal is done, so lets get ready for the draft.

I think the NFC North will actually be a competitive division again. The Packers are young and have a young defense and are heading in the right direction. The Vikings are literally one player away from representing the NFC in the Super Bowl unfortunately I do not believe Sage Rossensensnesnesfelts is that person. The Lions, honestly there's only one way for them to go and that is up. Plus two selections in the first round hopefully they make wise choices. To the Bears is it possible two representatives from the NFC North will make the playoffs next year in Chicago and Minnesota. I also see in no way how any one can say the Bears gave up to much for Cutler. Say what you want but when it boils down to it the Bears got a 25 year old franchise, pro bowl quarterback who when is in place with a good defense ( look at the stats) excels as an elite quarterback. Denver picked up a lot on paper but will that translate to a good trade on there end? It's yet to be seen right now if I'm a Bears fan I love it.

Go Steelers lol!!!!!
Twenty20Dollars
4/4/09 12:17:15PM
The bears defense is getting old.

Orton is a solid QB, has a lot of wins with less weapons than Jay Culter.

Isnt Chicago a run team also?

Oh well Im done debating this, I know what I think about the situation and now its just time to see how it plays out.

mkiv9secsupra
4/5/09 11:52:08AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars
Orton is a solid QB, has a lot of wins with less weapons than Jay Culter.

More like Forte has a lot of wins and Orton was riding his coat tails.
Pages: 1 [2]