Broncos Trade Jay Cutler To...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Broncos Trade Jay Cutler To...
Next Page »
DCRage
4/2/09 5:32:52PM
Chicago. Breaking now on PTI and nfl.com. Terms have not been announced. At least before The Danny could get serious about getting him. (And word is the Titans are claiming the Skins broke rules going after Haynesworth. Haha)
SpiderSilva
4/2/09 5:35:28PM
WOW I just heard he was going to the skins ehh either way as long as the broncos can get something okay for their D I will be happy
Wolfenstein
4/2/09 5:41:13PM
Now he's saying he never wanted to be traded . Is this guy for real? You wanted to throw a hissyfit about being a part of trade negotiations, and even went so far as to not return the coach's calls, and the owners. When word got out that the team had enough of his antics, and he would get his wish--he still didn't speak up. Well now you've gotten you way--don't try and take the highroad now.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/09 5:51:53PM
Im alittle suprised that he went to the bears out of all places.

Honestly I dont think Culter is going have as good as a season in chicago as he did this last year with the broncos.

No real #1 reciever for the bears, Forte is his only hope.

Well glad this crap is over with.
SpiderSilva
4/2/09 5:54:38PM
dude put his house up for sale right after he herd a bout he "might" have been traded
for any fans who hope their team gets this guy I have one thing to say this guy locks on to 1 receiver and never checks down thats why he threw soo many ints.
Denver had a bad D last year but it didn't help when Cutler put them in MANY bad situations plus he has a losing record
blew it how many times this past year 4 game losing streak and missed the playoff oh yeah and nothing was ever his fault most fans here in Denver are glad he is gone.

this will be Denver when he is gone

The_Metal_Maniac
4/2/09 6:22:25PM
Kyle Orton, this years 1st and third, and 2010's first? If I were a Broncos fan that's not enough to me. You are giving away a 25 year old pro bowl QB for a semi mediocre QB in Orton and three not sure fire picks. I think they acted to fast, they should have spent a few days leaking teams whom were interested driving the value up on him. You know the Redskins would have eventually gave the Broncos some sort of unrealistic offer lol.
C02
4/2/09 6:26:46PM
As a fan of chicago in chicago im pretty happy. Also, they got Orlando Pace
cmill21
4/2/09 6:40:17PM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

Kyle Orton, this years 1st and third, and 2010's first? If I were a Broncos fan that's not enough to me. You are giving away a 25 year old pro bowl QB for a semi mediocre QB in Orton and three not sure fire picks. I think they acted to fast, they should have spent a few days leaking teams whom were interested driving the value up on him. You know the Redskins would have eventually gave the Broncos some sort of unrealistic offer lol.

Hell even if they gave them the same of 2 first a 3rd and Campbell they're much better off then Orton lol. Now the Bears just need a WR.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/09 7:40:13PM
The broncos didnt want to wait, they wanted to get the deal done quick.

Holt and Harrison are out there for the bears.
cmill21
4/2/09 7:52:45PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

If they sign Holt I see them being a real threat this year.
SpiderSilva
4/2/09 9:40:27PM
Pace is old their line will be nothing compaired to what he had in Denverplus they need a WR bad anyway we'll see what happens Im okay with this because Im done with this Cutler stuff here in Denver
emfleek
4/2/09 10:34:47PM
Cutler threw for 4500 yards...he threw to one receiver, huh?

MAJOR upgrade for the Bears, no matter what any sour Broncos fan has to say. Good luck with Orton and kudos to Denver for f*cking up.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/09 10:53:29PM
should have thrown culter into the octagon last night and beat some sense into him.
mkiv9secsupra
4/2/09 11:31:15PM
Wow. Chicago might actually do something this year!!!!................. nah, probably not....

Congrats to the dumbest management in recent years.Cheers to you, Denver
emfleek
4/2/09 11:35:37PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Congrats to the dumbest management in recent years.Cheers to you, Denver

3rd dumbest.

Oakland and Detroit both have Denver beat.
C02
4/3/09 1:23:50AM
Actually I think Chicago can take the very weak division they are in. I really don't care if they do I'm a Chicago Bears fan but I prefer the Miami Dolphins by a mile.
chuckw94
4/3/09 2:18:21AM
Woooooo!!!! the Bears are a contender again. the line is good and he has weapons like forte,hester,olsen, and whoever else he wants to throw to. Denver is dumb to give a guy like that up. yeah he cried around but come on he's not B.J.
chuckw94
4/3/09 2:35:18AM
spidersilva = i'm glad denver will be like this because chicago will be going to the playoffs and denver will be sitting at home wishing they kept a 25 year old pro bowl QB. good luck with orton and them 1st round picks, you guys will need them.
hippysmacker
4/3/09 3:51:11AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

If they sign Holt I see them being a real threat this year.

Said the same thing to my buddy on the phone a couple a hours ago.Gotta spread the love though.
SpiderSilva
4/3/09 9:14:56AM

Posted by emfleek

Cutler threw for 4500 yards...he threw to one receiver, huh?

MAJOR upgrade for the Bears, no matter what any sour Broncos fan has to say. Good luck with Orton and kudos to Denver for f*cking up.

not threw to one receiver he just eyes one the whole play hell anyone could throw 4500 yrd with the O denver had well he doesn't have that in Chicago i not sour we'll see when does nothing like the rest of the QBs that made their way there and didn't make it enjoy having him till he gets tired of losing and his contract is up who could be sour when we have 2 1st rd picks whith how good Chi has been looks like Den will improve their D

lets see what he had in Denver
one of the best O-Lines
2- Top receivers(plus a vary good slot WR)
2-Pretty good TEs
any RB could run here
one other thing any QB can play here

Chicago
a good RB
well now they go Pace
and a Great D
SpiderSilva
4/3/09 9:26:59AM

Posted by chuckw94

spidersilva = i'm glad denver will be like this because chicago will be going to the playoffs and denver will be sitting at home wishing they kept a 25 year old pro bowl QB. good luck with orton and them 1st round picks, you guys will need them.

lol Denver thought they would be going to the playoffs too some QB helped with one of the worst ends to a season ever
with Chi O no way why would a good WR at the end of his career help well I guess what Chicago has anything can help

ehh time will tell we have had plenty of Pro Bowl QBs come and go I think one played for Chi too Brian Grease was a Pro Bowl player in denver hmmm was he anywhere else keep your dreams alive Chicago fans at least people in denver know our D sucks and 1 player won't turn it around

emfleek
4/3/09 9:33:52AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

not threw to one receiver he just eyes one the whole play hell anyone could throw 4500 yrd with the O denver had well he doesn't have that in Chicago i not sour we'll see when does nothing like the rest of the QBs that made their way there and didn't make it enjoy having him till he gets tired of losing and his contract is up who could be sour when we have 2 1st rd picks whith how good Chi has been looks like Den will improve their D

one of the best O-Lines
2-Pretty good TEs
any RB could run here

Chicago
a good RB
well now they go Pace
and a Great D

They also have...

- Greg Olsen (who's value just skyrocketed with the acquisition of Cutler)

- Upcoming draft picks. Denver didn't get 'em all, you know.

- Devin Hester.

- Lots of time.

- Free agents to choose from.

You know something's wrong in Denver when they can Mike Shanahan and 3 months later trade their franchise QB.

Good luck with those draft picks. Every NFL fan knows that nothing's guaranteed when it comes to draft picks.

Also, when you get a QB of this magnitude, your WHOLE OFFENSE get better. He'll make the guys around him better.

Am I saying they'll win this year? Absolutely not. They might, but we know that nothing is a given in the NFL. But all it takes is putting the pieces together 1-by-1 and they're off to a good start.
emfleek
4/3/09 9:36:58AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

who could be sour when we have 2 1st rd picks whith how good Chi has been looks like Den will improve their D

By the way...they're only getting ONE 1st round pick this season.* They'll get the other next season. Just to clarify to those who aren't aware of that.

* And in a draft like the upcoming one...that's no different than a 3rd or 4th rounder, really.
DCRage
4/3/09 9:46:57AM
And best of all for Da Bears, there's still Lovie's favorite fallback option if Cutler doesn't work out, and he can remind us that "We Are X-X With Rex As Our Quarterback".
SpiderSilva
4/3/09 9:59:39AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpiderSilva

one of the best O-Lines
2-Pretty good TEs
any RB could run here

Chicago
a good RB
well now they go Pace
and a Great D

They also have...

- Greg Olsen (who's value just skyrocketed with the acquisition of Cutler)

- Upcoming draft picks. Denver didn't get 'em all, you know.

- Devin Hester.

- Lots of time.

- Free agents to choose from.

You know something's wrong in Denver when they can Mike Shanahan and 3 months later trade their franchise QB.

Good luck with those draft picks. Every NFL fan knows that nothing's guaranteed when it comes to draft picks.

Also, when you get a QB of this magnitude, your WHOLE OFFENSE get better. He'll make the guys around him better.

Am I saying they'll win this year? Absolutely not. They might, but we know that nothing is a given in the NFL. But all it takes is putting the pieces together 1-by-1 and they're off to a good start.

I wil say Olsen is good but that can also come from not having anything else to work with Hester IMO is not an offensive player and is being used in a way to make up for the lack of talent sure there is some FA but they may never go to Chicago just like any pick in the draft you get lucky IF you can get the player.

Cutler was becoming a problem in Denver after he found out his name was brought up in a trade talk that was stupid he could never bring the team together in Denver even with a great coach like Shanahan(which I still think was a bad move) hope he can do that in Chicago all I'm saying is he may not be as good as Chicago is hoping for with a offense like what is in Chicago

and one more thing this 1st and 3rd this year is great and when Denver get another top 20 pick in '10 we still will be happy with the trade

Who know when they fire Lovie Smith they just might get Shanahan as a new coach

I wish the best for Chicago fans
cowcatcher
4/3/09 10:56:25AM
well as a packer fan im not happy. then again cutler was 17-20 with a better team around him than the bears have right now, so sure hes talented but has he proven himself to be a winner yet? look at his record and you decide. also the signing of pace would have mattered about 5 years ago but the guy hasnt played in 2 years and my money is on him being hurt and playing in less than 8 games this year so its more or less a signing where they have their fingers crossed hoping to get anything out of the guy.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/3/09 11:42:47AM
An awesome stat line on Cutler is that in his career when his defense holds an opponent to 21 points or less, he is 14-1. I'm quite sure the Bears defense is much better than the Broncos, and the NFC North is equally if not worse than the AFC West. Bears will be in the playoffs.
C02
4/3/09 12:41:42PM
Devin Hester in no way is a weapon. He is a bum, he is the single most overrated Chicago Bears player.
FlashyG
4/3/09 12:51:50PM
Anyone who's played special teams against him would probably disagree with that statement
emfleek
4/3/09 1:16:14PM

Posted by C02

Devin Hester in no way is a weapon. He is a bum, he is the single most overrated Chicago Bears player.

Pages: [1] 2