Broken hand forces Diego Sanchez out of UFC 135

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Broken hand forces Diego Sanchez out of UFC 135
telnights
9/5/11 5:04:28PM
Diego Sanchez (23-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from a planned UFC 135 co-headlining matchup with Matt Hughes (45-8 MMA, 18-6 UFC).

UFC president Dana White today announced the move via Twitter.

"Diego Sanchez broke his hand," White wrote. "Looking for a replacement for Hughes."

UFC 135 takes place Sept. 24 at Denver's Pepsi Center. A title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson headlines the pay-per-view main card.

LINK
FastKnockout
9/5/11 5:09:05PM
Jon Fitch or Johny Hendricks!
Chael_Sonnen
9/5/11 5:17:29PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Jon Fitch or Johny Hendricks!

prophecy033
9/5/11 5:33:15PM
Damn, I was looking forward to this fight. Jon Fitch vs Hughes would be interesting. I think Hughes would have more of a chance against Fitch actually, considering Fitch isn't much for the finish
Franklinfan47
9/5/11 5:49:35PM
This card is just around the corner and officially down to only 9 fights Get on it Joe Silva!
Poor_Franklin
9/5/11 5:54:14PM
FastKnockout
9/5/11 6:10:07PM
Looks as though Koscheck will probably be the replacement. From his Twitter:

":) got a fight in 21 days b*tches........"

"Oh ya 19 days then or something like that!!!! Either way it looks like I am in to fight matt Hugh if he takes it????"
mattjonesy
9/5/11 6:10:41PM
Koscheck in! sweet
Chael_Sonnen
9/5/11 6:40:24PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Looks as though Koscheck will probably be the replacement. From his Twitter:

":) got a fight in 21 days b*tches........"

"Oh ya 19 days then or something like that!!!! Either way it looks like I am in to fight matt Hugh if he takes it????"

Wow, Kos doesn't even know how to spell Hughes

War Country Boy Can Survive
prozacnation1978
9/5/11 7:18:15PM
Man this sucks!! This card is taking hits. Already bad enough with only ten fights.
Ufc needs to snag a fight away from houston and add it.
I was so looking forward to this.
I hope hughes excepts the fight. If he doesn't I don't know what to think of him
I would lose some respect. He needs to save this card!!
Kos vs hughes is a great match.
prophecy033
9/5/11 7:46:28PM
Hughes v Koscheck wouldn't be bad at all. I would go with Koscheck by Ko/tko but Hughes could make it interesting
prozacnation1978
9/5/11 7:52:47PM
I bet diego broke his hand doing a "yes" cartwheel in his back yard
First he takes out evans!! Then hurts himself
Playground_Samurai
9/5/11 9:07:29PM
I don't think Hughes will take the fight with Koscheck. If I remember correctly, he has said previously he is not interested in a fight with Kos. I'll try and dig up link to a specific quote, but I could be wrong. Also, this late in his career, i'd assume he'd want a full training camp for someone the quality of Koscheck.

Edit: Link to quote
jay98107
9/5/11 10:23:11PM

Posted by gspfan

I don't think Hughes will take the fight with Koscheck. If I remember correctly, he has said previously he is not interested in a fight with Kos. I'll try and dig up link to a specific quote, but I could be wrong. Also, this late in his career, i'd assume he'd want a full training camp for someone the quality of Koscheck.

Edit: Link to quote

But I don't think that it's a huge stylistic change for hughes to overcome. At least not in the conventional, grappler gets injured and replaced with striker kind of way. He's going to have to defend the takedown either way. Koscheck has the big right though.
Twenty20Dollars
9/5/11 10:51:21PM
I also remember Hughes saying something about not interesting in fighting the AKA guys, Fitch,Kos,Swick.

But we'll see.
DeadHead988
9/5/11 11:01:37PM
The second I saw the headline I knew Koscheck was in.
Twenty20Dollars
9/6/11 2:37:43AM
Card would be kinda weak if hughes doesn't accept it.

But I understand if he doesn't.
Poor_Franklin
9/6/11 3:16:17AM
think Kos knows Hughes doesn't like the fight, so he puts it out in the media so Hughes feels pressured to take it?

kingsmasher
9/6/11 12:57:02PM
They should call Rory MacDonald

or better yet tell Hughes to accept the fight with Kos...>Then all teh sudden oops Hughes gets injured and tell Kos that Rory wants to fight him...lmao see how he likes taht...