Brocks Big Plan: Be Bigger

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brocks Big Plan: Be Bigger
juanez13
11/8/08 10:30:38AM

I expect to walk in [to the Octagon] about 275, 280. That’s one of the things we took into consideration when we took this fight. We’re younger, we’re stronger, we’re faster and this guy’s on his way out and we’re going to make sure that happens.

We’ve watched every single one of Randy’s fights a number of different times…there really are no comparables to me and the rest of the guys he’s fought because none of them have the wrestling credentials that I have. He has trouble with bigger guys, guys [like Barnett and Rodriguez] who knew how to control him. Tim Sylvia and Gabriel Gonzaga didn’t know how to control him.

I’m not scared to go twenty-five minutes. As the rounds go longer I have a much bigger advantage because for Randy to have to push around 275 lbs for five rounds and me to push around a guy who if he’s lucky is 230 lbs - I know how to wrestle. These other heavyweights that he pushed around the Octagon were guys that had no clue how to wrestle and how to keep position.

LINK- brocks talks UFC 91, Couture, ESPN etc...
Ben_Hutch
11/8/08 11:05:25AM
I'm picking Lesnar to win but I just hope he isn't overlooking Randy.
teddythetuna
11/8/08 11:05:57AM
I really hope Randy wins this fight. the disrespect lesner showed herring and the fact that he thinks he is the greatest thing since the wheel really irritates me. He is a good wrestler and a big stong guy but i dont think he should start acting like a buttcrack this early in his mma career.
Mhunt1140
11/8/08 11:23:31AM
As of right now I am now a big fan of Lesnar at all. I wonder why they gave him a title shot so early in his career and now he is letting it all go to his head. I love Randy and I really hope he pulls this fight out but I'm really not sure. Brock has a really good game plan and to be totally honest he it right. He is going to be the best wrestler that Randy has ever faced and he is one of the few that can actually match up with Randy's wrestling experience. If Brock sticks to his game plan it might actually work, and the longer that it goes the more time Randy will have to deal with his size.

Good luck Captain America!!!
gsquat
11/8/08 11:30:35AM
I agree Brock has been a dick about things, but...

1: It gets ratings. People pay to see controversy. Especially when it comes from a 285lb monster who smothers people.

2: He does dominate. Even when he lost to Mir, he was winning every second of that fight. I don't believe he'd come close to being submitted if he fought Mir again.

3: If he beats Randy, you can't question his skill/dominance. He'll probably be a much bigger ass if he does, but he'll prove that he's among the best in a very seasoned division in a matter of just a few fights.

4: His wins and cocky attitude could be what the UFC needs in order to finally bring Fedor in. Perhaps he'll see enough and decide that he needs to shut Brock's mouth (which he would).

Wether you like it or not, the UFC needs villans. Without them there would be no heros.
cj_striker
11/8/08 11:45:02AM
The reason Brock is getting the title shot, is simple. Dana views him as the next big thing in the HW division. So he sees this as a passing the torch kind of thing, assuming Lesnar will beat Randy. And in a way I see where Dana is coming from(he will definitely benefit from Lesnar's popularity now and in the future) But even if Brock beats Randy I don't see how Dana can believe he can beat Nog after Nog defeats Mir. I just don't see a way Brock can become champ at least not before he has a few more serious years of MMA training. I pray Randy wins though, because Brock still has his WWE (or WWF or whatever stupid pro wrestling org. it was) persona going on and is a totally disrespectful man made mayo guzzler. He is a very gifted athlete and definitely poses a big threat to Randy, but imo until he changes his attitude a little I hope he doesn't win again in the UFC.
RNC
11/8/08 12:35:57PM

Posted by cj_striker

The reason Brock is getting the title shot, is simple. Dana views him as the next big thing in the HW division. So he sees this as a passing the torch kind of thing, assuming Lesnar will beat Randy. And in a way I see where Dana is coming from(he will definitely benefit from Lesnar's popularity now and in the future) But even if Brock beats Randy I don't see how Dana can believe he can beat Nog after Nog defeats Mir. I just don't see a way Brock can become champ at least not before he has a few more serious years of MMA training. I pray Randy wins though, because Brock still has his WWE (or WWF or whatever stupid pro wrestling org. it was) persona going on and is a totally disrespectful man made mayo guzzler. He is a very gifted athlete and definitely poses a big threat to Randy, but imo until he changes his attitude a little I hope he doesn't win again in the UFC.

If Brock loses to Nog, or Mir because I'm not counting him out, I don't think Dana would mind. This would just make Brock hungrier and create the whole trying to climb back to the top Drama. Brock: " I want my belt back" It would just be more added hype and it would turn Brock into a better champion.
Kracker_Jap
11/8/08 12:37:00PM
Am I the only one that remembers during the pre fight interviews of Randy vs Chuck 2 the had that Randy special when he stated that the reason he left the heavyweight class is that they where just getting to big and strong for him there?????

Props to someone who can dig up a link and post a thread on it......
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/8/08 1:28:58PM
i wish brock would stop talking in the 3rd person
bullettdodger
11/8/08 2:05:08PM
Oh his plan is to be bigger... well that changes everything.
dannyfrank
11/8/08 2:11:08PM
i think that brock will win this fight, but i'll be rooting for randy
warglory
11/8/08 2:23:40PM
Couture beat Randleman when Randleman was probably near his peak. Hoe Lesnar can deny the power and wrestling ability of Randleman is beyond me (considering he supposedly watched all of Randy's fights).
Kracker_Jap
11/8/08 2:42:05PM

Posted by warglory

Couture beat Randleman when Randleman was probably near his peak. Hoe Lesnar can deny the power and wrestling ability of Randleman is beyond me (considering he supposedly watched all of Randy's fights).

It is important to note that Randy beat Randleman when he was 8 years younger....

and after his lose to predro Rizzo he dropped down to LHW because the guy in HW were getting to big and strong for him .....
juanez13
11/8/08 2:57:12PM

Posted by warglory

Also note that Randleman out-wrestled and dominated Randy for the first 2 rounds until Randleman's gas tank failed him once against.

jiujitsufreak74
11/8/08 3:18:59PM
i know it is never alright to doubt Randy, but i just think a lot of time has passed since his last fight and despite how many times he has proven his age isn't a factor, let's not kid ourselves. Brock is way too big, way too strong and his only real weakness is his submission defense, and i don't see Randy subbing him off of his back. maybe Randy can get the edge over Brock with his dirty boxing, but as Randleman, Barnett and RR have shown us, big guys with MMA wrestling prowess usually defeat Randy (or whoop him pretty good asis the case with Kevin). i say Brock controls him for 5 rounds and lands a few times with those sledgehammers.
bls1919
11/8/08 7:41:47PM
I hate to see it happen but this will be a "passing of the torch" fight. I think Brock will smother randy, and TKO him.
tdietel01
11/8/08 9:57:23PM
I think Dana is punishing randy, while at the same time getting the hype and pay per views he wants. I am a big fan of Brock but I do agree he is being an ass some of the time. I do see how it can be a hard transition from pro wrestling to an mma fighter. I think he gets in the octogon and it feels like he is in the wrestling ring. The thousands of crazy fans screaming and cheering prob feels like his good old wrestling days. So his natural reaction is acting like an ass.
McBee
11/9/08 2:30:17AM
It is hilarious how this article is about Brock and his plan of "Being Bigger" and then the article posted right before it is

UFC and the Issue of Steroids

hilarious
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/9/08 5:59:52AM
I agree with Ben_Hutch... I hope Lesnar isn't "over-looking" anything Randy might bring.
jakeiceman
11/9/08 6:55:52AM
Couture will win this by TKO....watch and see.
haggiswashere
11/9/08 7:00:54AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Couture will win this by TKO....watch and see.

jake i rarely agree with you... but this time i think i might have to agree... he is more likely to win by decision though.
cmb19932
11/9/08 10:19:08AM
link dont work my bad
casey64
11/9/08 10:41:18AM
Brock will beat Randy.IMO
JimiMak
11/9/08 3:04:55PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

i wish brock would stop talking in the 3rd person

He actually doesn't. He talks in 1st person plural. I think all of the "we" 's are a reference to his team and managers all having the game plan and calling them a team rather than using "I" when he's just one part of the team. I think it shows a little that he is kind of humble in his own way, which I know is weird to say but he doesn't really talk s*** he just sells the fights. That's not the style of selling many of us want but it is something that has shown to draw numbers in all north american sports.
Frost_777
11/10/08 1:06:18PM
I just don't think lesnar will be able to beat randy the key will be that old dirty boxing, i don't know who is going to win the whole tourny ( Randy vs. Brock, Frank vs. Antonio) but all i knot is who ever wins Fedor better get his ass over to the ufc and prove he is better than the man that emerges as the ufc heavyweight champion because i know the winner will be at least number 2 in the world.