Brock Makes Me Sad...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Brock Makes Me Sad...
« Previous Page
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/16/08 2:38:38PM

Posted by jocka

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Brock Lesnar is the Semmy Schilt of MMA...

yeah i agree with you

how so schilt has 40 mma fights.
king_katool
11/16/08 2:48:36PM

Posted by juanez13

I say the best chance for Brock to win is keep it standing, and try to land big shots on Nog BUT dont follow up, just let him fall down and wait till he gets up. And just keep doing that as much as he can, even if he think Nog is out just leave him there until he gets back up.

re watch the last herring vs NOG fight
cmill21
11/16/08 2:56:27PM

I dunno, IMO Brock is very beatable. It looked like Randy shook him up a bit with that punch, imagine if someone with good power did that, could be lights out, and we've seen his sub D isn't great and wrestlers always forget about subs if they start getting hit so he would take a guy like Nog right to the mat if he ate a shot, you don't survive long when Nog's got you in his world.

EDIT: King I dunno what you meant by that but If Nog is awake he can sub you. He's come back from the dead time after time, he has eaten the hardest shots mma has to offer, the only man with a better chin in mma is Hunt.
tec52
11/16/08 3:18:47PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I picked Brock, but I was definetely rooting for Randy. It looked like Brock was beginning to tire late in the first round. Randy looked really sharp, and I think was building some momentum. Joe Rogan said it looked like he was "hit on the temple" but I think it looked like he caught a glancing blow right behind the ear (which is the cause of a lot of KO's).

It was a great fight, and I was worth the hype. I was surprised to see a more reserved Brock Lesnar. He learned his lesson from his "rodeo show" with Heath Herring when there was a nasty backlash from MMA fans. He most certainly wasn't going to clown a legend like Randy Couture. In any case Lesnar looked great and he brought a much more humble attitude with him. He actually seemed like a real martial artist, and not some wannabe out of his element.

It wasn't that "He learned his lesson from his "rodeo show" with Heath Herring when there was a nasty backlash from MMA fans", it was that Randy & his camp were respectful and not mocking him before the fight and making the lasoo gestures at him before entering the octagon.
Rush
11/16/08 3:27:18PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by juanez13

I say the best chance for Brock to win is keep it standing, and try to land big shots on Nog BUT dont follow up, just let him fall down and wait till he gets up. And just keep doing that as much as he can, even if he think Nog is out just leave him there until he gets back up.

re watch the last herring vs NOG fight

Re-watch the Lesnar Herring fight.
MMA
11/16/08 3:54:30PM
I have a feeling that if Lesnar fights Nog, he's going to knock him down and while he goes crazy trying to finish Nog off, he's going to get caught in something.

Brock is too wild when he tries to finish, the dude needs to pick his shots.
keith-hackney1
11/16/08 4:08:19PM
IMO brock looked very slow and sloppy in round one, he definately looked like the beginner in round one. Although he took couture down, he didn't have to force it, his shear size over powered couture to the mat. Randy looked the worst i have ever seen him. 18 months off has to have some affect on his training for brock. There's no way couture trained as hard for brock as he did against sylvia or gonzaga. He almost looked like an old man fighting a young huge lesnar. The fact that lesnar finished couture with a barrage of gorilla like hammer fists, tells me that the submission fighters in mir or Noguiera will have huge problems against brock on the mat especially while he has a full gas tank in the earlier rounds.
The two fighters to beat brock IMO is gonzaga and kongo. Gonzaga's ground game with his huge size could present problems to an in-experienced lesnar, where as kongo in a stick and move fight could definately get some effective strikes together and cause problems for the new champ. The likes of hardonk and carwin could well do some strikers damage on the feet against lesnar but i dont see either of them making it near the top end in the HW division. Saying that i didnt think lesnar would be in the title picture til at least putting a good 4 or 5 wins together first. Look where he is !!!
jiujitsufreak74
11/16/08 4:14:30PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by jocka

yeah i agree with you

well if you are into K-1 you would know that Semmy Schilt is the best fighter in the world right now, and the greatest fighter of all time unfortunately. the sad part is that it is not talent that makes Semmy so great, it is his massive size. i made the analogy to illustrate the fact that we may see Brock Lesnar dominate the HW scene for the next few years (although certainly not as gravely as Semmy has in K-1) and do it with size, not technique. of course in MMA size isn't as great of a factor due to submissions but i think the analogy still holds weight.
Kracker_Jap
11/16/08 4:15:54PM

Posted by cmill21

I dunno, IMO Brock is very beatable. It looked like Randy shook him up a bit with that punch, imagine if someone with good power did that, could be lights out, and we've seen his sub D isn't great and wrestlers always forget about subs if they start getting hit so he would take a guy like Nog right to the mat if he ate a shot, you don't survive long when Nog's got you in his world.

EDIT: King I dunno what you meant by that but If Nog is awake he can sub you. He's come back from the dead time after time, he has eaten the hardest shots mma has to offer, the only man with a better chin in mma is Hunt.

When Brock beats Nog, I will drink a beer for you, and then poor the end of it onto the ground and say "This is For you Cmill21, my homie... For I know you are sad :("
cmill21
11/16/08 4:20:41PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

When Brock beats Nog, I will drink a beer for you, and then poor the end of it onto the ground and say "This is For you Cmill21, my homie... For I know you are sad :("

I would glady make an av bet if that fight comes. I would be very sad, for I know the only way to beat Nog, is to kill him.
Kracker_Jap
11/16/08 4:23:23PM
It is settled then if they fight My very first AVATAR bet will be with you
jiujitsufreak74
11/16/08 4:23:40PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I would glady make an av bet if that fight comes. I would be very sad, for I know the only way to beat Nog, is to kill him.

i just want to throw out this hypothetical for you:

Nog beats Mir
Nog faces Brock for title
Brock is the first person ever to finish Nog

now, what would you do in this situation?
Kracker_Jap
11/16/08 4:25:35PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Nog beats Mir

Thats what I was thinking and the reason I shall pour the Beer out for poor old Cmill
Rush
11/16/08 4:29:50PM

We have a thread for such an occasion.
gartface
11/16/08 4:33:53PM

Posted by MMA

I have a feeling that if Lesnar fights Nog, he's going to knock him down and while he goes crazy trying to finish Nog off, he's going to get caught in something.

Brock is too wild when he tries to finish, the dude needs to pick his shots.

He looked pretty in control of those shots he was throwing. If you watch the Heath Herring fight, he picked his shots very well, and got flamed big time for it with people calling it "LnP."
But I was pretty impressed with Brock. Those knees from the clinch looked devastating. He split Randy's lip within 30 seconds of the fight. And that reversal when Randy was looking to take his back was quite impressive.
cmill21
11/16/08 4:41:16PM

Nog beats Mir

If it happens I will be in shock, but I don't think you can finish Nog, especially since if Nog goes down, brock will get excited(as he always does) and get caught in some sub. Right now Brocks to exciteable, and when Nog goes down he's definetly not done. Randy is not dangerous to a guy like Brock, Brock vs a guy like Nog is a bad match up style wise.
keith-hackney1
11/16/08 4:46:23PM
stop fiirting you bellends !!
Solidus
11/16/08 5:18:34PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Nog beats Mir

Then people will be calling Brock a top 3 p4p fighter, followed by message boards flooding with Fedor vs Brock threads

Fedor is one man that I can say with certainty would make quick work of Brock

Kracker_Jap
11/16/08 5:40:54PM
I just remembered to update my Heavyweight top ten list

Down moves Straight to DVD and Up moves Shark slam
higdon10
11/16/08 6:36:49PM

Posted by Solidus
Fedor is one man that I can say with certainty would make quick work of Brock

Me and you both.
SociopathX
11/16/08 7:06:03PM
Fedor hasn't fought anyone decent in years....

Brock has fought better competition in the last 6 months then Fedor has for a long time. If Brock continues at this pace... imo he'd beat Fedor if they were to fight at this time next year.
RedCloud
11/16/08 7:46:17PM
Its a good thing that he beat Randy (sad, but good).
Now he is the heavywieght fighter that everyone wants to crush.
Fedor would be an insane opponent... im even interested in Mir VS Lesnar 2.
He makes for a good Bad Guy.
cmill21
11/16/08 8:12:06PM

Posted by SociopathX

Brock has fought better competition in the last 6 months then Fedor has for a long time. If Brock continues at this pace... imo he'd beat Fedor if they were to fight at this time next year.

Lol Fedor destroyed the man who propelled Randy back into the spot light. Brock took Herring to s decision(Fedor made his face into ground beef) and lost to Mir. Don't try and compare Fedor's record to a guy who's 3-1.
imanidiot777
11/16/08 8:47:25PM

Posted by SociopathX

I'm a huge Brock fan and I can tell you that unless something amazing happens to Brock in a positive way or Fedor in a negative way in the next year, that is not going to happen.
jahdoug
11/16/08 8:51:45PM
NOG vs. BROCK = NOG vs. SAPP!!!
EvenFlow
11/16/08 9:46:37PM

I disagree, I think plenty of heavyweights could beat Brock... Barnett, Fedor, Arlovski, Carwin, Werdum, Gonzaga, Nog, hardly the Semmy Schilt of MMA, he just lost to Aerts again recently.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/17/08 1:53:04AM

Posted by jocka

yeah i agree with you

well if you are into K-1 you would know that Semmy Schilt is the best fighter in the world right now, and the greatest fighter of all time unfortunately. the sad part is that it is not talent that makes Semmy so great, it is his massive size. i made the analogy to illustrate the fact that we may see Brock Lesnar dominate the HW scene for the next few years (although certainly not as gravely as Semmy has in K-1) and do it with size, not technique. of course in MMA size isn't as great of a factor due to submissions but i think the analogy still holds weight.

As stated above aerts just beat semmy . Anyways when semmy spinning back kick ko'd hunt , that was all due to his massive size? When brock stuffed randys take down attemps that was due to brocks massive size? Its all years of Practice. Brock will lose to nog .
bls1919
11/17/08 9:06:00PM

when nog beats mir we will see bob sapp vs nog all over again . You won't be sad for too long cheer up .

Lesnar is 200 times the wrestler that Sapp was. Much better Stand up and a much more intense approach I see Brock giving Nog a hard time until late in the thrid and the big guy will run out of gas. Nog will not be able to take Brock down and i hope Brock isn't going to follow him there on purpose. Should be a good fight. but i think the end result will play out as with Sapp. Nog submission finish. most likely an armbar.
higdon10
11/17/08 9:08:14PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by SociopathX

Lol Fedor destroyed the man who propelled Randy back into the spot light. Brock took Herring to s decision(Fedor made his face into ground beef) and lost to Mir. Don't try and compare Fedor's record to a guy who's 3-1.

Herring wasn't looking very pretty after Lesnar either.
Pages: 1 [2]