Brock Makes Me Sad...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Brock Makes Me Sad...
Next Page »
warglory
11/16/08 12:19:02AM
Cause he is too much of a "big sumbitch." I so wanted Couture to pull this one out, but there were so many cards stacked against him. I can't wait for him to try and defend his title against (hopefully) Nog, that should be an excellent bout.

*sigh*
Twenty20Dollars
11/16/08 12:26:12AM
umm you should prolly delete this because its a spoiler and its in the ufc forum.

Go Lesnar hahah
bullettdodger
11/16/08 12:36:12AM
Yes, props to Lesnar for his performance.
edge0125
11/16/08 12:47:53AM
nog better just train on his stand up and hopefully outstrike brock; i dont think hes gonna be able to take brock down
cmill21
11/16/08 12:50:35AM

Posted by edge0125

nog better just train on his stand up and hopefully outstrike brock; i dont think hes gonna be able to take brock down

No he'll take a beating, come back from the edge of death and submit him, you know the ole Nog script lol. I really think nog submits him fairly quick, round 2 would be my pick.
postman
11/16/08 12:50:36AM
Nog will sweep him or sub himfrom his back
Twenty20Dollars
11/16/08 12:52:19AM
or you know when they clinch nog will pull guard.
bls1919
11/16/08 12:53:49AM
i don't know how i picked Brock against Randy but I will have an even harder time against NOG. Who I believe will win againstr Mir. Brock is so huge and his punches, even though they are arm punches carry so much power it's crazy. NOG has taken his share of beatings before he finishes an oppenent, but I think Lesnar will be different.
juanez13
11/16/08 1:03:16AM
I say the best chance for Brock to win is keep it standing, and try to land big shots on Nog BUT dont follow up, just let him fall down and wait till he gets up. And just keep doing that as much as he can, even if he think Nog is out just leave him there until he gets back up.
Cdellorso
11/16/08 1:08:49AM
Those short hammer fists should be elbows Then he will be VERY dangerous.
Solidus
11/16/08 1:12:54AM
Randy was controlling the fight well in the clinch and was able to scramble to his feet everytime Brock took him down, that was surprising and really had me excited for Randy. But man, he just looked so slow when he was standing and striking with Lesnar....I think he moved much faster in the Tim Sylvia fight. Brock looked a little sluggish himself, it just seems to take one shot from him regardless because of his size.

Now I dont know if Nog can beat this guy....

Size and Strength > Technique
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/16/08 1:18:59AM
when nog beats mir we will see bob sapp vs nog all over again . You won't be sad for too long cheer up .
Wolfenstein
11/16/08 1:29:47AM
I picked Brock, but I was definetely rooting for Randy. It looked like Brock was beginning to tire late in the first round. Randy looked really sharp, and I think was building some momentum. Joe Rogan said it looked like he was "hit on the temple" but I think it looked like he caught a glancing blow right behind the ear (which is the cause of a lot of KO's).

It was a great fight, and I was worth the hype. I was surprised to see a more reserved Brock Lesnar. He learned his lesson from his "rodeo show" with Heath Herring when there was a nasty backlash from MMA fans. He most certainly wasn't going to clown a legend like Randy Couture. In any case Lesnar looked great and he brought a much more humble attitude with him. He actually seemed like a real martial artist, and not some wannabe out of his element.

EvenFlow
11/16/08 2:30:30AM
At least there will be no more randy vs fedor threads and ppl will accept that Fedor is the best.
Boo_Radley21
11/16/08 2:32:47AM
I could cry right now...
The_Metal_Maniac
11/16/08 2:34:19AM
I'm not sure if everyone is forgetting the fact that this was Brock's third real fight in MMA. In his third fight he beats considerably a top three HW. The man is just to much of an athlete in my opinion. He's bigger, faster, and stronger than most. The scary thing for other Hw's is that it looks like he's learning as well. Whomever his future opponent is Mir, or Nog both will have their hands full. If Mazagatti would have just warned Brock against Mir for the behind the head shot we would have our title fight between Brock and Nog scheduled soon.
EvenFlow
11/16/08 2:57:50AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

when nog beats mir we will see bob sapp vs nog all over again . You won't be sad for too long cheer up .

exactly, war nog!!! the real hw champ to begin with
casey64
11/16/08 2:59:56AM
I would say NOG by sub.
Rush
11/16/08 8:10:49AM

Posted by juanez13

I say the best chance for Brock to win is keep it standing, and try to land big shots on Nog BUT dont follow up, just let him fall down and wait till he gets up. And just keep doing that as much as he can, even if he think Nog is out just leave him there until he gets back up.

Exactly. If Brock fights a smart fight against either Mir or Nog he has a good chance of winning.
SpiderSilva
11/16/08 8:21:01AM
I know Nog can win but what could he catch him with?
Lesnar seems to be less willing to put himself in the way of a sub.
Can he pull a Fedor and win a FIVE round war cause we all know thats the only way to beat Nog

I would rather have Nog as Champwell I guess by New Years we know this mini tourney will prob come to a end in March or April and we know who is the Champ

Congrats to Brock for proving he can take a few hits and still beat a living legend.

How long before we see Forest vs Randy? or maybe Rashad vs Randy?
keith-hackney1
11/16/08 8:46:05AM
"Does anyone get the feeling that dana white has deliberately put couture up against lesnar because he wants couture out of the UFC. With mir or Noguiera in an immediate title shot against randy, couture would have a safer chance beating either guy as they dont have the monsterous like scare that lesnar presents at this point in his early MMA career. What i mean is, couture has out classed submission fighters before in both weight classes and done well, its not like mir or noguiera would come out against randy and throw ko bombs at randy's chin. With randy walking out on his contract what with all the bad media coverage that the UFC and zuffa were put through over it all, surely they dont want couture to come back over a year after walking away and continue to dominate and wear the belt. Lesnar ticks all the boxes for an upset, even though i dont believe he should even be in there for the title, he does have the ko power to take couture out. Thats the only way i see him winning. With randy not fighting in over 18 months, and lesnar getting a win over a vet, and the fact that lesnar has been training like a monster for the last year, he has the advantage on couture in the mind of dana white. Brock is the UFC's best pick to retire couture. I dont like this fight. Dana slagged down the elite promoters for fixing fights and damaging this sport, i think dana and joe silva are damaging this sport by giving an ex WWE wrestler a title shot after one UFC win".

My original thoughts on the lesnar couture fight... dana whites master plan worked out to a t again ... !!!!
warglory
11/16/08 10:35:45AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

"Does anyone get the feeling that dana white has deliberately put couture up against lesnar because he wants couture out of the UFC. With mir or Noguiera in an immediate title shot against randy, couture would have a safer chance beating either guy as they dont have the monsterous like scare that lesnar presents at this point in his early MMA career. What i mean is, couture has out classed submission fighters before in both weight classes and done well, its not like mir or noguiera would come out against randy and throw ko bombs at randy's chin. With randy walking out on his contract what with all the bad media coverage that the UFC and zuffa were put through over it all, surely they dont want couture to come back over a year after walking away and continue to dominate and wear the belt. Lesnar ticks all the boxes for an upset, even though i dont believe he should even be in there for the title, he does have the ko power to take couture out. Thats the only way i see him winning. With randy not fighting in over 18 months, and lesnar getting a win over a vet, and the fact that lesnar has been training like a monster for the last year, he has the advantage on couture in the mind of dana white. Brock is the UFC's best pick to retire couture. I dont like this fight. Dana slagged down the elite promoters for fixing fights and damaging this sport, i think dana and joe silva are damaging this sport by giving an ex WWE wrestler a title shot after one UFC win".

My original thoughts on the lesnar couture fight... dana whites master plan worked out to a t again ... !!!!

Nah, if you watched Dana's blogs leading up to the event, you'd see that he was very excited for this fight, not because he was expecting Brock to win, but because it was a good fight concept! Dana is a fan first and foremost, and he doesn't take sides in any fight I have seen. He always has a smile for the winner when they put on a good show, even when it's against his chums like Liddell. And also, Lesnar may have been 2-1 coming into this bout, but Lesnar is the exception to many, many rules as we have come to find out in the last year.
nickcuc547
11/16/08 10:57:56AM

Posted by casey64

I would say NOG by sub.

so do I, but he is going to have to take a pounding for it. randy couldn't take brock down so nog will have a tough time. I think nog has slightly better boxing than randy though.
cheesy-maggot
11/16/08 11:19:10AM
Big Nog always takes a beating and ends up winning, I'll say round 3 sub.
JimiMak
11/16/08 11:42:32AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by keith-hackney1

Nah, if you watched Dana's blogs leading up to the event, you'd see that he was very excited for this fight, not because he was expecting Brock to win, but because it was a good fight concept! Dana is a fan first and foremost, and he doesn't take sides in any fight I have seen. He always has a smile for the winner when they put on a good show, even when it's against his chums like Liddell. And also, Lesnar may have been 2-1 coming into this bout, but Lesnar is the exception to many, many rules as we have come to find out in the last year.

I kind of agree and disagree w/ both of you. As a fan he knew it would be huge, but as a promoter they were in the same "hot water". He wants both to either be the biggest thing in the world or get embarrassed. Randy to tear down the Fedor fight, or make it the biggest thing in the world while Randy is under contract. Brock because he's either the next big thing as he's always billed himself or they get to show "WWE schmucks" don't belong here. So putting them head to head made a lot of sense in that way. I don't like that it was for a title, but to keep the contract on Randy they almost had to still recognize him as champ (even w/ another belt going around).
Pookie
11/16/08 12:53:30PM

Posted by juanez13

The Herring Strategy
KURM
11/16/08 1:20:38PM
I thought randy was doing amazing in the fight, unfortunatly he got hit with a good shot to the back of the head.(just like serra hit pierre with) that rocked him and that was game over.. It really sucks because I think couture was going to win that fight!!
jiujitsufreak74
11/16/08 1:34:23PM
Brock Lesnar is the Semmy Schilt of MMA...
jocka
11/16/08 2:03:08PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Brock Lesnar is the Semmy Schilt of MMA...

yeah i agree with you
Kracker_Jap
11/16/08 2:05:39PM
Real MMA Fans in my neighborhood claimed if your a real fan you wanted Randy to win......

But I am a real fan and I claim if your a real fan you want the HW class to progress like the others have, it's time to set Randy aside like we have Matt, Rich and Chuck for the way of the new.....

The HW class has now shown that is improving with new talent and young blood... IMO a Randy win would have stalled the progression of the class

War Brock I hope he KO"s his next opponent in a brutal fashion and screams at the camera
Pages: [1] 2