BROCK LESNAR YES!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » BROCK LESNAR YES!
Next Page »
HENDO915
10/27/08 6:17:34PM
So let me get this straight, people agree to put TIM SILVIA in the TOP 5 but Brock Lesnar (after two good performances, though he lost one) not even in the top ten????? If Tim Silva and Brock Lesnar were to fight you really think Silvia would win? Honestly. Come on Brock Lesnar deserves at least 10th, I know he fought in the WWE but still give him credit.
Wolfenstein
10/27/08 6:22:12PM
He's 2-1.

I'd like to put in Cain Velasquez or Shane Carwin to but they haven't beat enough top guys.

End of thread.
Aaronno9
10/27/08 6:29:14PM

Posted by HENDO915

So let me get this straight, people agree to put TIM SILVIA in the TOP 5 but Brock Lesnar (after two good performances, though he lost one) not even in the top ten????? If Tim Silva and Brock Lesnar were to fight you really think Silvia would win? Honestly. Come on Brock Lesnar deserves at least 10th, I know he fought in the WWE but still give him credit.

Jesus, youd think all the hate coming his way people would learn how to spell the guys name. Its SYLVIA!!! I mean, im not one to moan about spelling but the amount of threads about this guy that pop up, youd think people would at least remember the y by now.

On point though, how are you even gona compare a guy who is 2-1, biggest win against heath the journeyman hearing (no offence to heath, hes a good fighter, just not at the top of the pile) to somebody whos 24-5, and has hung in their with or beaten most of the top guys in the division, Fedor aside.

Gotta be kidding me.
Twenty20Dollars
10/27/08 6:36:37PM
Let's just end all this talk.

And enjoy that in like 20 days, lesnar fights couture.
wiggum
10/27/08 6:42:26PM
he lost to frank mir in less than two minutes.....frank mir isnt even top 10...it doesnt matter if he was beating mir up to that piont or not, at the end of the day, he lost...he couldnt finish hearring who is tough yes and no easy task, but he had a ton of opportunities too and didnt capitlize, opting instead to do the classic wrestler thing, and ride him......he beats couture, then we can start talking about it, depending on what manner he hypothetically beats him.....i personally have not been impressed by brock, he shows little skill and his athletic abilities are not gonna carry him forever once he starts fighting the cream of the crop.....cain and carwin deserve to be up there before brock, hell santos just beat a top 10 guy in werdum this weekend and is undefeated, he deserves to be up there before brock.....bringin up the wwe only shows why he's in the spotlight instead of his skill putting him there....potential is thru the roof with him, but he's got a ways to go
postman
10/27/08 6:50:37PM
I dont think Brock would beat Tim. tim has pretty good Takedown defense and if Tim worked a stiff jab and body movement I don't think brock would last. You also have to remeber the Monson fight tim was wotking the jits in that fight.
Ben_Hutch
10/27/08 6:53:24PM

Posted by wiggum

he lost to frank mir in less than two minutes.....frank mir isnt even top 10

Frank Mir isn't in the top 10? What?
bullettdodger
10/27/08 7:08:06PM
There is no way anyone can be ranked as "top ten" if they have a 2-1 pro record. Thats really all there is to it. You simply cannot rate someone as high as that when they haven't even developed a striking, wrestleing, and JJ game. Top ten fighters are well rounded, even if one of the three is weak, they still have the wepon in their arsenal in the event it becomes apparant that it will work. As others have said there is plenty of talent that would warrent Brock not even being close to top ten and to say that Lesnar would just out and out beat Sylvia is simple rediculous... I understand where you're coming from in that Brock could likely use his wrestling ability to control big Timmy, but people are rating Tim too low, i mean hes lost to some of the greats and has come out of the UFC with quite a respectable record. Hell, Frank Mir broke Tim's arm and he still wanted to continue. Brock was tapping Frank's ass after a few seconds of that heel hook or leg lock, i can't remember what it actually was.
cmill21
10/27/08 7:09:38PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by wiggum

Not in mine. Beating Hardonk and Lesnar isn't enough lol.
Ben_Hutch
10/27/08 7:23:41PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by wiggum

What is your top 10?
loller90278
10/27/08 7:57:47PM

Posted by postman

I dont think Brock would beat Tim. tim has pretty good Takedown defense and if Tim worked a stiff jab and body movement I don't think brock would last. You also have to remeber the Monson fight tim was wotking the jits in that fight.

tim wont have a CHANCE defending tims takedowns. he's way too top heavy and his center of gravity is horrible.
cmill21
10/27/08 8:34:54PM
1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. Barney
4. Arlovski
5. Randy
6. Tim
7. Fabricio
8. Cro Cop
9. Aleks
10. Segei

I would have GG if he was able to do anything but a one off, and yes I will drop Cro Cop off the top 10 if he loses on NYE . Looking for Sergei and Aleks to fight more but both of those guys talents are undeniable and I think both would smoke brock. In my top 10 I would say that Brock would be able to beat 3-4 of them and I would say that depends mostly on him LnPin.
Ben_Hutch
10/27/08 8:42:14PM

Posted by cmill21

1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. Barney
4. Arlovski
5. Randy
6. Tim
7. Fabricio
8. Cro Cop
9. Aleks
10. Segei

I would have GG if he was able to do anything but a one off, and yes I will drop Cro Cop off the top 10 if he loses on NYE . Looking for Sergei and Aleks to fight more but both of those guys talents are undeniable and I think both would smoke brock. In my top 10 I would say that Brock would be able to beat 3-4 of them and I would say that depends mostly on him LnPin.

Not quite sure how you have Cro Cop, Aleks and Segei in there but not Kongo (who beat Cro Cop) or Frank Mir, but anyway, it's your opinion so fair enough
haggiswashere
10/27/08 8:44:44PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by wiggum

8. Cro Cop

lol but two losses, 1 win over a no name and a no contest was enough to get someone a rank eight on your list.....
cmill21
10/27/08 8:47:56PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Not quite sure how you have Cro Cop, Aleks and Segei in there but not Kongo (who beat Cro Cop) or Frank Mir, but anyway, it's your opinion so fair enough

Cro Cop has beaten Aleks, Randleman, Josh 3x, Wand, Coleman, and given Fedor and Nog all they could handle, while Kongo had a boring decision win of Cro Cop so I don't think it entitles him to his wins, besides what else has Kongo done? Aleks has had some dominant fights and nice wins in his career but if the Hep rumor is true then he will most likely never face a good fighter again, and Sergei is a very good fighter with some big wins including Fabricio, Semmy, Perdo and everyones new monster Alistair.

Edit: Haggis you should delv deeper into people career's, this is why there are so many one hit wonders on peoples lists, ala Vera, GG, Kongo, now Dos Santo's will get some love, IMO you need to have more then one or two solid wins to make it to a top ten. Guys like Cro Cop who have done it year after year(why I would still rank Chuck) deserve more respect then guys who can land one shot and then get stomped 3 fights in a row.
haggiswashere
10/27/08 8:52:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Cro Cop has beaten Aleks, Randleman, Josh 3x, Wand, Coleman, and given Fedor and Nog all they could handle, while Kongo had a boring decision win of Cro Cop so I don't think it entitles him to his wins, besides what else has Kongo done? Aleks has had some dominant fights and nice wins in his career but if the Hep rumor is true then he will most likely never face a good fighter again, and Sergei is a very good fighter with some big wins including Fabricio, Semmy, Perdo and everyones new monster Alistair.

the rankings are who is the best RIGHT NOW. he was an amazing fighter but he lost his touch. sorry but ya
cmill21
10/27/08 8:57:55PM
Then lose Chuck off the top of your P4P and LHW rankings

EDIT: Most creditable sites still rank Mirko in the top 10
haggiswashere
10/27/08 9:00:39PM

Posted by cmill21

lol true. im just not acting like im the god of rankings sir.... and thats cool that all yer sherdog buddies agree with you i just wanted a discussion but instead of talking ya picked a fight. im gonna get banned if i get into another one of these so laters.....
cmill21
10/27/08 9:05:36PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by cmill21

lol true. im just not acting like im the god of rankings sir.... and thats cool that all yer sherdog buddies agree with you i just wanted a discussion but instead of talking ya picked a fight. im gonna get banned if i get into another one of these so laters.....

Lol don't worry, I'm mature enough to have a discussion about things without it turning into a flame war. As for my Sherdog buddies, never acctually been there, mmaweekly and fight matrix were two site's that i just browsed at and noticed Mirko sitting at 8 and 9 respecticly.
Ben_Hutch
10/27/08 9:12:27PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Cro Cop has beaten Aleks, Randleman, Josh 3x, Wand, Coleman, and given Fedor and Nog all they could handle, while Kongo had a boring decision win of Cro Cop so I don't think it entitles him to his wins, besides what else has Kongo done?

Cro Cop hasn't beaten a decent opponent in 3 years, it doesn't matter what he has done, what matters is how good he is now, and to be honest he 'aint that good any more, so to put him at #8 just because he used to be good really doesn't make any sense.

Yes Kongo won a boring decision over Cro Cop, but Kongo beat Cro Cop so surely he should be above him!
cmill21
10/27/08 9:16:52PM
So you rank a guy over anyone based on one win? So you were one of those guys who ranked Serra over St.Pierre eh? I wonder had Fujita won would you have him ranked over Fedor? How about Mikahal IInouhine, do you have him over Randy? You want really recent, do you have David Baron over Mach Sakurai? Or Dos Santo's over Fabricio?

EDIT: Noticed in your rankings you have Rampage over Forrest and Shogun isn't over Rampage despite the fact that he destroyed him. Also what happends when you have a situation like Cro Cop beating Herring, but Herring beat Kongo, but then Kongo beat Cro Cop? I dunno if you only factor one win then your going to end up with a ton of problems ranking lol.
Naturaldisaster
10/27/08 9:39:52PM

Posted by wiggum

he lost to frank mir in less than two minutes.....frank mir isnt even top 10...it doesnt matter if he was beating mir up to that piont or not, at the end of the day, he lost...he couldnt finish hearring who is tough yes and no easy task, but he had a ton of opportunities too and didnt capitlize, opting instead to do the classic wrestler thing, and ride him......he beats couture, then we can start talking about it, depending on what manner he hypothetically beats him.....i personally have not been impressed by brock, he shows little skill and his athletic abilities are not gonna carry him forever once he starts fighting the cream of the crop.....cain and carwin deserve to be up there before brock, hell santos just beat a top 10 guy in werdum this weekend and is undefeated, he deserves to be up there before brock.....bringin up the wwe only shows why he's in the spotlight instead of his skill putting him there....potential is thru the roof with him, but he's got a ways to go

I disagree, i think mir is top 10
Ordep
10/27/08 9:42:39PM
The answer is in the original post so it makes no sense...

".... after TWO dominant performance..."

If you crack the Top 10 with TWO dominant performance against fighters the same level as Mir (which was a loss anyways) and Herring webmasters and Playground users would become crazy updating rankings every 3 days.
Also getting matched vs. the champ for the merely reason of MONEY ($$$$) doesn't mean you're Top 10 ....
cmill21
10/27/08 9:45:09PM

Posted by Ordep

The answer is in the original post so it makes no sense...

".... after TWO dominant performance..."

If you crack the Top 10 with TWO dominant performance against fighters the same level as Mir (which was a loss anyways) and Herring and getting matched vs. THE CHAMP for the merely reason of MONEY ($$$$) doesn't mean you're Top 10 .... webmasters and Playground users would become crazy updating rankings every 3 days.

Also Min Soo Kim is a 3-6 fighter.
Fearless915
10/27/08 10:04:20PM
C Mill i don't under stand why you have cro cop in the top 10. He lost to Gonzaga and Kongo and really hasn't beaten anybody lately but you still have him in the top 10. I don't care who they have beaten lately, THATS NOT NOW. You say sYlvia has good take down defense and stiff jabs.....lol. Randy didn't have a problem with SYlvia and Brock Lesnar is just like Randy accept younger faster and stronger, with better wrestling......Lesnar would kill sYlvia.
cmill21
10/27/08 10:15:48PM

Posted by Fearless915

C Mill i don't under stand why you have cro cop in the top 10. He lost to Gonzaga and Kongo and really hasn't beaten anybody lately but you still have him in the top 10. I don't care who they have beaten lately, THATS NOT NOW. You say sYlvia has good take down defense and stiff jabs.....lol. Randy didn't have a problem with SYlvia and Brock Lesnar is just like Randy accept younger faster and stronger, with better wrestling......Lesnar would kill sYlvia.

I don't really remember saying that Sylvia has that but I do think he has that, so I will say that now. Also Sylvia has power, he Ko'd Ricco when he was in his prime. Also Cro Cop is falling, remember when he came to the UFC he was #2 on almost everyone's top 10 and he looked unstoppable, falling 6 spots after two losses is fair IMO and he is still a legend of the sport with good fights left in him and not two years ago did he absolutly dominate Josh and Wand on the same night. So to the people who say "no good wins in 3 years" I say how is Wand and Josh not good wins? Also if you don't consider Cro Cop a top 10 because he hasn't won now then I expect Randy to not be on your list since he hasn't fought in 14 months.
tdietel01
10/27/08 10:44:21PM
so what is everyones excuse when he beats coture? too old? ring rust? cant have a good fight every time? lesnar has RAW talent! he WILL destroy randy. then will he be top ten? i think herring was on everyones top 10 before lesnar destroyed him. now he wasnt even that good to begin with ? he could have easily beat nog, but he isnt shit right? i dont know why everyone wants to hate lesnar so much
cmill21
10/27/08 10:47:46PM

Posted by tdietel01

so what is everyones excuse when he beats coture? too old? ring rust? cant have a good fight every time? lesnar has RAW talent! he WILL destroy randy. then will he be top ten? i think herring was on everyones top 10 before lesnar destroyed him. now he wasnt even that good to begin with ? he could have easily beat nog, but he isnt shit right? i dont know why everyone wants to hate lesnar so much

He could easily beat nog? I really dis agree but why say that like it's a fact? Because he's big and can hit? Nog has never been able to take a punch so I guess I see your point. As for people saying he's not top 10 after beating ONE fighter with a record over .500 how can you blame them? We can make a potential rankings, then he would be on alot of peoples top 10.
Fearless915
10/27/08 10:52:53PM
SYLVIA'S PRIME IS OVER!
cmill21
10/27/08 10:59:12PM

Posted by Fearless915

SYLVIA'S PRIME IS OVER!

Amazing point, thank you for the input!
Pages: [1] 2 3