Brock Lesnar 2 years from now????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Brock Lesnar 2 years from now????
POLL: What will Lesnars reputation be in MMA in 2 years??
Heavyweight champ of the UFC 29% (22)
Solid Contender (Right outside top ten) 45% (35)
In a different organization after he couden't hack it in the UFC 10% (8)
Out of the sport all together 10% (8)
Freakshow that is back in the WWE 5% (4)
hathcock32
7/3/08 1:57:56AM
Just interested to see what everone thinks about the future of Brock Lesnar. I honestly think he can be a title contender one day.
voodoo-jitsu
7/3/08 2:07:49AM

Posted by hathcock32

Just interested to see what everone thinks about the future of Brock Lesnar. I honestly think he can be a title contender one day.

i think not only will he be a contender but he'll hold the belt but it might take him longer the 2 years to get it
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 2:21:14AM
he is a "solid contender" right now. i guess what you guys mean is that in 2 years we would have beat 5-6 decent guys. but i think after the 3rd win (if he can pull that off) he will get a title shot.

imagine this...
tko over heath
tko over kongo
re-match with mir (tko)

Then tell me he wouldnt get that title shot!! what i mean is that it will be like the next fall when and if he gets that shot at the title
Pookie
7/3/08 2:29:52AM
i believe that there are alot of fighters that can tap him as of this moment, then add in all the variables we dont know about him yet... I sincerely doubt he would ever gain the title, he could become a contender given the right opponents but hed never beat a champion.

Couture? No way
Big Nog? i would seriously laugh in your face, if anyone posed this question
Werdum? See his fight with Mir, but against better bjj
Gonzaga? Possibly, but then again if matt hughes can tap you gonzaga probably can too.
Kongo? He can win this fight
Herring? i dont think he will win, but he can
Mir? would most likely end the same way

Champion? Not going to happen without some exponential growth in his stand-up and GnP technique. Rapid sloppy hammerfists for 5 minutes straight would cause even sherk to gas.

mrsmiley
7/3/08 5:28:00AM
I want to say Broc will be the champion one day,but it's really hard to believe when you consider a lot of people thought the same about guys like Mark Kerr and Bob Sapp.They were beast for their time,and everyone thought they were going to be the best thing since sliced bread,and they just fizzled out.

I hope Broc doesn't encounter the same in his career,but it's hard telling.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/3/08 7:18:20AM
In a different organization after he couldn't hack it in the UFC
rabbit915
7/3/08 8:52:35AM
Sitting on a couch drinking beer rubbing his gut saying "Yeah i tried this a couple times" to his buddies.
JimiMak
7/3/08 12:33:34PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

he is a "solid contender" right now. i guess what you guys mean is that in 2 years we would have beat 5-6 decent guys. but i think after the 3rd win (if he can pull that off) he will get a title shot.

imagine this...
tko over heath
tko over kongo
re-match with mir (tko)

Then tell me he wouldnt get that title shot!! what i mean is that it will be like the next fall when and if he gets that shot at the title

No he's not a solid contender right now. 1-1, 0-1 in UFC, lost to a very questionable Mir (since the accident)

If he could beat those 3 in a row I guess I can see your point. But chances are he can't win any of those matches (right now)

I voted solid contender right outside of top 10
Leland
7/3/08 2:51:22PM
If he trains lots and lots, works on GnP and sub defense, I can see him movin up the chain. the HW division isn't insanely deep anymore. They lost top HW's Tim Sylvia and Couture. Even though there is a good amount of HW's, he isn't fighting any top 5 except Nog. The way things are looking, more HW's may head to Affliction.

I see Brock getting #1 contendership after 2-3 fights. Easily in 2 years. Dana White is paying this guy alot for a reason. Lets just hope he doesnt lose anymore
RNC
7/3/08 10:36:28PM
Brock has the potential to be a contender but he has a lot of work to do, and a lot of work to do quickly. He doesn't have fight after fight to lose while he gets better. With Dana's 3 L and out, especially while trying to make Brock a star, if Brock doesn't start winning he wont even have enough time in the UFC to become a contender.

Scott_Revels
7/4/08 12:15:10AM
With training, the next champ. Without training, Houston Alexander.
MikeyMikeMichaels
8/5/08 4:09:58AM
The dude is a solid athlete and a powerhouse aswell. Look at how he was destroying Mir in their fight until he got caught. That's a former champ, and a guy that many say has some of the best BJJ. He has been training for only a couple of years and look at the level he is at. He is new to the sport, and yeah ofcoarse he is going to look awkward and make rookie mistakes, because guess what......HE"S A ROOKIE. If you weren't impressed by him against Mir, then I think you just hold a grudge against him maybe because of his instant stardome, or maybe you just resent Pro-wrestling or if you're a small guy (I know a lot of small people that despise big people just because). I give him within 5 years to be champ, anytime after that and he'll be getting too old and his body would break down. I just wish more people would give him a chance instead of assuming he is the next Houston Alexander. In two years I say he should be atleast a top contender.
Hurricane_Brad
8/6/08 2:56:58PM
He hasn't really fought enough to judge if he's got heart, a good chin and a gas tank, pretty important parts of a successful champion. Based on his size, wrestling pedigree, and how he was handling Mir at the beginning of their fight, I think he'll be a contender at least. Hell, if he beats Herring he's right up there already.
MMAcca
8/6/08 4:11:21PM
Solid contender. The best he will ever be imo.

mkiv9secsupra
8/6/08 4:30:52PM
in EliteXC fighting John Cena for the HW title,,,,,

I think he will possibly break the top ten making it up to maybe number 7 but nothing more in the UFC
copcopps
8/6/08 7:06:13PM
hanging with Kimbo in WWEliteXC
Californiastrangler
8/10/08 8:48:11PM
He sure gassed out didn't he?
Californiastrangler
8/10/08 8:52:46PM
I think if the UFC does it correctly, Brock should be about 8-1 and be almost ready for a title shot. My concern is that he beats up a bunch of guys too quickly and they rush him into a title fight due to the lack of quality heavyweights. As great as his wrestling is, his conditioning is, and his strength are he would probably get caught 9 out of ten times against a Nog or Fedor on the ground. I hope he gets the time to develope his jujitsu and striking to a point that the Brock we see challenge for the title is a complete Brock and not one that is being put in the spot too soon for a quick buck.
The-Don
8/16/08 1:11:31PM

Posted by Californiastrangler

I think if the UFC does it correctly, Brock should be about 8-1 and be almost ready for a title shot. My concern is that he beats up a bunch of guys too quickly and they rush him into a title fight due to the lack of quality heavyweights. As great as his wrestling is, his conditioning is, and his strength are he would probably get caught 9 out of ten times against a Nog or Fedor on the ground. I hope he gets the time to develope his jujitsu and striking to a point that the Brock we see challenge for the title is a complete Brock and not one that is being put in the spot too soon for a quick buck.

Yea Brock is showing great potential at the moment.. were still not really sure how well he can take a punch or a kick.. maybe Kongo Might land a shot or two before Brock takes him down.. which is how I would see that going... I Just hope who ever it is Brock finishes the person in a decent fasion all will depend I think on if he is working the GnP, Subs or stand up...
fullerene
8/16/08 9:07:23PM
He's done 4 "sports" in the last 9 years--amateur wrestling, professional wrestling, NFL football and MMA. I have a feeling he won't stick with MMA for long, regardliess of how he does in his next few fights.
RNC
8/17/08 1:16:32AM

Posted by fullerene

He's done 4 "sports" in the last 9 years--amateur wrestling, professional wrestling, NFL football and MMA. I have a feeling he won't stick with MMA for long, regardliess of how he does in his next few fights.

I disagree. I think that if Brock does well in MMA he will stick around for awhile. Brock has always had the fight in him, with his very decorated wrestling background. There was just no where to go with amateur wrestling, and the WWE is just stage acting. Brock is looking for real competition and thats why he went to the NFL. The only reason he left was because he was cut due to constant injuries causing him to miss practice.

Brock is hungry for a real physical challenge, and MMA is just that. Inside of the UFC he can push himself and get just that. He seems to be highly dedicated, so I think as long as Brock has a chance at successful career, he'll be fighting.
fullerene
8/17/08 1:43:05PM

Posted by RNC

Posted by fullerene

I disagree. I think that if Brock does well in MMA he will stick around for awhile. Brock has always had the fight in him, with his very decorated wrestling background. There was just no where to go with amateur wrestling, and the WWE is just stage acting. Brock is looking for real competition and thats why he went to the NFL. The only reason he left was because he was cut due to constant injuries causing him to miss practice.

Brock is hungry for a real physical challenge, and MMA is just that. Inside of the UFC he can push himself and get just that. He seems to be highly dedicated, so I think as long as Brock has a chance at successful career, he'll be fighting.

I see these decisions differently:
* Amateur wrestling does have a logical progression and that progression is on to international competition and the Olympics.
*Brock left the WWE supposedly to pursue his NFL dreams which he put little effort into (see below). If he was that opposed to fake wrestling it doesn't make sense that he worked several matches in 2005-2006 for New Japan pro wrestling which was after he left the WWE and after he tried out for the NFL
* He left the NFL because he didn't make the team. The Vikings wanted him to play on their development squad in Europe and he refused. If injuries were that big an issue he would not have been able to continue with a career in MMA,

What I see (and it's only my opinion) is a guy who has a lot of physical talent but not enough perseverence to apply that talent through the ups and downs of a given career. If things get diffifult--fight result wise, injury wise, contract negotiation wise--he doesn't strike me as the type of person to accept his lumps and keep going.
AchillesHeel
8/17/08 3:56:39PM
I think Lesnar will be in the Top 10 of the UFC. I'm not sure if the poll means Top 10 overall. I don't anticipate Lesnar taking the title, although he should be a contender, and of course once you earn a title shot, anything can happen.

However, everyone in the UFC has the benefit of knowing what to expect from Lesnar. The surprise he's achieved so far will diminish with every fight, even as his skills are honed, so he'll have to dramatically improve to break even. He clearly has fast hands, which counts for a lot, and while I'm not sure about his striking power, that might improve as his technique improves (and it might not).
Trapt1nw0nder
8/21/08 10:57:02AM
Top contender in the ufc,but.....the best Heavyweights are not in the UFC anymore!

maybe he'll be champ.If he is Im sure he'll be hated the same way Sherk was for LnP on people....the guy has no skills...cant even fight from the mount!...he's a 300LB bully that should be in a totally different weighclass....but i dont see him beating any top HW with good BJJ/JJ skills....or even fighters with great takedown defense like Arlovski and CroCop....Just dont put him in with an other wrestler cuz you know who's coming up on top...or a perfect match up for him to win like Herring(no takedown defense...sloppy striking)