Brock Lesnar signs new deal with WWE

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Brock Lesnar signs new deal with WWE
MiniMan
10/10/11 9:23:53PM
After SEVEN YEARS apart, UFC pain machine Brock Lesnar is getting back into business with the company that put him on the map -- WWE -- in a deal that will make him the "featured star" in a brand new video game.

Multiple sources confirm ...the people developing "WWE: 12" approached Brock back in January and asked for permission to use his name and likeness in the game and the advertising campaign.

We're told Brock loved the idea -- but wouldn't sign off unless his current boss, UFC honcho Dana White, gave his blessing. Fortunately, it worked out.

TMZ spoke with White, who told us, "I love WWE and I have nothing but love for Vince McMahon -- I'm totally OK with Brock being in the game."

We're told the first commercial for the game -- starring Brock -- will be released tomorrow.

Straight from TMZ.com....

DeadHead988
10/10/11 9:36:11PM
I was hoping this meant he was leaving MMA...
pmoney
10/10/11 10:54:29PM
I am glad Dana signed off on it. Lesnar gets to bank some more chip, and it doesn't hurt or endanger Zuffa's product. Well played!
grappler0000
10/10/11 11:18:30PM

Posted by pmoney

I am glad Dana signed off on it. Lesnar gets to bank some more chip, and it doesn't hurt or endanger Zuffa's product. Well played!

It may even secure some more crossover fans at some point.
Chael_Sonnen
10/11/11 12:06:02AM

Posted by DeadHead988

Yeah, my hopes just got CRUSHED!
BelXavier420
10/11/11 12:51:01AM
Piece fat ass, you got lucky to win as many fights in the ufc as you did. Now that the heavy weight division has some contenders, you are not one of them.
armbar66j7
10/11/11 1:36:06AM

Posted by BelXavier420

Piece fat ass, you got lucky to win as many fights in the ufc as you did. Now that the heavy weight division has some contenders, you are not one of them.

bullshit, if thsat were true you can say that about chael sonnen, or clay guida(except for the fat part, he is kinda husky) for that matter, do you hate the WWE? or are you just riding shotgun on cain velaszques's bandwagon? lol
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 1:58:58AM

Posted by DeadHead988

That was what I thought too. A sense of joy rushed over me as I quickly read the opening sentence only to be let down.
Poor_Franklin
10/11/11 4:46:00AM

Posted by BelXavier420

he's fighting for a title shot pretty soon... doesn't that make him a contender?

and "fat ass?" that's the most ridiculous shit i've ever read. must be a full moon bc i've read some crazy shit on this site tonight. keyboard warriors came out in full force
emfleek
10/11/11 8:23:53AM

Posted by BelXavier420

It may be a good idea for you to read the site rules regarding fighter bashing.

Thanks.

gartface
10/11/11 8:40:50AM

Posted by BelXavier420

Step 1: Read OP.
Step 2: Remove head from ass.
Step 3: Get a grip.
Theoutlaw08
10/11/11 9:00:47AM

Posted by BelXavier420

How is Brock fat? I think that's the first question I want answered....The guy is built like a muscular tank....I don't think he has much fat on him. Also, he did hold the HW belt. Whether you like him or not, he's a good enough fighter to make an impact on the HW division.
P.S. - Read the rules - cause its just my guess if you keep it up, you may be bashing soon at a different MMA website.
postman
10/11/11 1:02:24PM

Posted by pmoney

He lets brock make a few million more and helps the WWE machine keep rolling but fighters making a few thousand a fight can't rock a clinch gear shirt to the cage.
emfleek
10/11/11 1:07:18PM

Posted by postman

He lets brock make a few million more and helps the WWE machine keep rolling but fighters making a few thousand a fight can't rock a clinch gear shirt to the cage.

Though I see it from your perspective, I personally don't think that can be considered to be Dana's fault. Advertising isn't free. If Clinch Gear wants to pony up the $50,000 (or whatever it is) to be able to sponsor fighters, they can. He's not saying they can't. He's saying they can't do it for free. Just like I can't start my own business and expect the local TV outlets to run my commercials for free.
Rabi
10/11/11 1:50:33PM
Im glad Brocks not leaving the UFC, IMO his fights are exciting to watch, regrdless of whether he wins or loses!
Poor_Franklin
10/11/11 2:02:15PM

Posted by Rabi

Im glad Brocks not leaving the UFC, IMO his fights are exciting to watch, regrdless of whether he wins or loses!

someone w/ his athleticism & size....i don't care how green he is in the octagon, i consider it a treat to get to see that man go in there & put it on the line
Theoutlaw08
10/11/11 2:59:24PM

Posted by Rabi

He always brings it in fights and is either going to finish or get finished.
shaneTpain
10/11/11 6:22:24PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Rabi

someone w/ his athleticism & size....i don't care how green he is in the octagon, i consider it a treat to get to see that man go in there & put it on the line

Brock =
postman
10/11/11 6:37:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

Though I see it from your perspective, I personally don't think that can be considered to be Dana's fault. Advertising isn't free. If Clinch Gear wants to pony up the $50,000 (or whatever it is) to be able to sponsor fighters, they can. He's not saying they can't. He's saying they can't do it for free. Just like I can't start my own business and expect the local TV outlets to run my commercials for free.

no argument here. I actully agree with the ad cost and really dont care about this deal either its just funny how the spun this to be a good thing, in my eyes itsjust stroking brocks ego
mrsmiley
10/11/11 6:59:36PM
Now i'm waiting for him to be the special "guest host" on Raw.
ghandikush
10/11/11 10:03:59PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

To me it is nonsense to a degree. The structure fits the advertizing but if I was a fighter from the actual team quest and I cant wear camp apparel I would be pissed.

The UFC want trying to charge longtime fighter ponsors and dip their hands in when they were grateful to be on PPV again.
BelXavier420
10/12/11 8:35:28PM

Posted by BelXavier420

I am gonna have to apologize for my previous statement. Not that it excuses what I said but I must admit I don't really remember writing that. Unless he is fighting Frank Mir I even root for the guy. So yeah, my bad, I will do my best not to mix the playground and tequila again :/
emfleek
10/13/11 9:18:15AM

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by BelXavier420

I am gonna have to apologize for my previous statement. Not that it excuses what I said but I must admit I don't really remember writing that. Unless he is fighting Frank Mir I even root for the guy. So yeah, my bad, I will do my best not to mix the playground and tequila again :/