Brock Lesnar Set To Make MMA Debut July 7!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Brock Lesnar Set To Make MMA Debut July 7!!!!
Next Page »
Fumar-Fortiuse
3/23/07 1:24:51PM
I just read on sherdog that Brock Lesnar is going to make his MMA Debut July 7 on the Showtime network. K-1 heros and Pro elite togather are going to bring you the show. Now I wonder how good Lesnar could be? This kid was a nasty wrestler in college and a former multiple time national champion. It worked for Hughes so I guess we will just have wait and see how good this beat will be.
cowcatcher
3/23/07 1:26:54PM
rumor has it that he's fighting 7'2" Hong-Man Choi who is a k-1 fighter, should be interesting, hope the ring is reinforced thats a lot of beef in there
cant_hit_bombz
3/23/07 1:29:21PM
He could be good, his knees could be a problem though. I had a chance to meet him in N.D. 2 years ago. He is HUGE
Fumar-Fortiuse
3/23/07 2:11:01PM
If he is fighting this 7 footer I am going to put my money on Lesnar. I just don't trust 7 footers in MMA this isn't basketball.
migo
3/23/07 4:11:36PM
Lesnar will have no trouble taking Choi down. Kaoklai Kaennorsing threw Choi twice in their fight - for those who don't know Kaoklai is small enough to fight in K-1 MAX and has only trained Muay Thai.
hathcock32
3/23/07 4:34:43PM
I guarantee Lesnar has a deadly guilloteen choke with how strong he is.
cowcatcher
3/23/07 4:37:02PM

Posted by hathcock32

I guarantee Lesnar has a deadly guilloteen choke with how strong he is.

but could he fit his huge roid arms between a chin and a chest
cant_hit_bombz
3/23/07 6:36:07PM
and will he be as big and strong with out them?
migo
3/23/07 10:48:55PM
Lesnar is still huge without roids. He will have more opportunity for an RNC than a guillotine - Choi would be a moron to go for a takedown on him.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/24/07 12:26:14AM
I read on Sherdog Brock was training at MFS and Hughes was tapping him out at will. that would have been hilarious to watch
ryderstrong69
3/24/07 9:32:36AM
i hope he gets beat by the 7'2" freak
cant_hit_bombz
3/24/07 10:29:03AM
I think he'll turn out to be another Bob Sapp, just a sideshow freak
FortySixBelow
3/25/07 8:27:21AM

Posted by cant_hit_bombz

and will he be as big and strong with out them?

If the testing only occurs at the events i will very much assure you he is still hitting the sauce...guaranteed.
madmarck
3/25/07 10:21:38AM

Posted by Fumar-Fortiuse

If he is fighting this 7 footer I am going to put my money on Lesnar. I just don't trust 7 footers in MMA this isn't basketball.

Not to mention big strong wrestlers tend to do good against taller skinner opponents.
Lay_N_Pray
3/25/07 4:21:44PM
Lesnar is has excellent strength without roids as shown in his wrestling career at Minnesota, but he will need more then that to suceed in MMA obviously.

I doubt Hughes trained with him, but if he did, I'm sure Hughes crapped all over him cause Lesnar is beginning and Hughes is the greatest welterweight of all time (as of right now, I know GSP).

I take Lesnar in his first fight, but when fight two rolls around he better be ready to take some punishment and he better have worked on agility in regards to striking.
migo
3/25/07 5:20:04PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Lesnar is has excellent strength without roids as shown in his wrestling career at Minnesota, but he will need more then that to suceed in MMA obviously.

I doubt Hughes trained with him, but if he did, I'm sure Hughes crapped all over him cause Lesnar is beginning and Hughes is the greatest welterweight of all time (as of right now, I know GSP).

I take Lesnar in his first fight, but when fight two rolls around he better be ready to take some punishment and he better have worked on agility in regards to striking.

Hughes did train with him, as did everyone at MFS.
We_Todd_Did
3/25/07 6:22:25PM

Posted by Fumar-Fortiuse

Don't count the Hong Man out so quickly, he's more than just a talentless giant freakshow.For example, dude went the distance with Le Banner with hardly a mark to show for it in a pure K-1 match...can't think of anyone else offhand who has done that.I'd say that Choi has as good of a chance for the k.o. on the feet as Brock has for a L&P decision.But honestly (I know it's only speculation at this point, but I feel could be somewhat substantiated) I don't really see Brock putting Choi away.At this point, I call the odds 50/50.
migo
3/25/07 10:56:26PM
That was K-1. Kaoklai threw him TWICE. Kaoklai is literally half his size. Kaoklai trains Muay Thai, not a grappling style. Choi has a puncher's chance, but other than that he is going down.
We_Todd_Did
3/26/07 4:42:34AM

Posted by migo

That was K-1. Kaoklai threw him TWICE. Kaoklai is literally half his size. Kaoklai trains Muay Thai, not a grappling style. Choi has a puncher's chance, but other than that he is going down.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much agree with what you just said.I just don't think Choi should be confused with an oversized freakshow with no fighting ability like Giant Silva or the like, cuz he's far from that.
JimiMak
3/26/07 5:40:47PM
Once he actually makes his debut, will ppl be getting called out on all the fighter bashing? Unsubstantiated steroid charges? First off he is an accomplished wrestler (NCAA), second Sakuraba, Shamrock, Severn etc started out as pro wrestlers. Why do he and Angle take so much flak on here just cuz they did pro wrestling?
Lay_N_Pray
3/26/07 7:46:31PM
I did not he trained with Militech either...that right there is enough to put him one step ahead of the rest of the newcomers to the game.
MethodMan
3/27/07 6:26:58AM
Dont it kind of piss you guys off when former American Pro-westlers go straight into pride, K1 or UFC while those of us who train to be well rounded and fight MMA style events have to languish in smaller orgs and fight numerous opponents before we are even considered.
ButterBalls
3/27/07 9:20:31PM

Posted by MethodMan

Dont it kind of piss you guys off when former American Pro-westlers go straight into pride, K1 or UFC while those of us who train to be well rounded and fight MMA style events have to languish in smaller orgs and fight numerous opponents before we are even considered.

no not really. He's already established as a professional entertainer and wrestler. And besides, how do we know he isn't well rounded? And even if he isn't, was Royce Gracie?
cjandnw
3/28/07 2:44:20PM
Lesnar wins round 1 : submission to strikes!
cant_hit_bombz
3/28/07 4:04:28PM

Posted by JimiMak

Once he actually makes his debut, will ppl be getting called out on all the fighter bashing? Unsubstantiated steroid charges? First off he is an accomplished wrestler (NCAA), second Sakuraba, Shamrock, Severn etc started out as pro wrestlers. Why do he and Angle take so much flak on here just cuz they did pro wrestling?

Shamrock was an accomplished MMA fighter before he went to Pro wrestling. Sakuraba is a freak of nature so he doesn't count.lol.

I think Lesnars down fall will be his size. when he was NCAA wrestling he was smaller and quicker.
cant_hit_bombz
3/28/07 5:57:31PM
wait i'm an idiot, i just did some research and he wrestled @ 285 in college

and a 106-5 record
pv3Hpv3p
3/29/07 11:10:29AM

Posted by JimiMak

Agreed, just because he's a big guy doesn't mean he uses steroids... I know when he tried out and made the MN Vikings practice squad two or three years ago all his tests came up clean...

That and at 280lbs +/- he ran like a 4.7 sec - 40 meter dash... That's absolutely rediculous.
ButterBalls
3/29/07 9:54:01PM

Posted by cant_hit_bombz

wait i'm an idiot, i just did some research and he wrestled @ 285 in college

and a 106-5 record

I didn't know that but its not suprising, the man is gifted. The thing that gets me is that when you listen to him talk, he doesn't sound like an idiot either.
CincySaint
4/3/07 10:32:42PM
I have to say I am very excited to see Brock in MMA. THat dude is a straight-up freak of nature. 295 lbs and athletic as hell. I still remember when he screwed up a shooting star press in WWE, and landed directly on his head, rolled over and finished the match. I thought that i had seen the first on screen death in Wrestling. Anyone witha kneck would have been destroyed. Basically it was an inverted back flip where he does a back flip from the top of the corner ropes and launches it out across the ring. Only Brock didnt make it far enough and all 295 lbs came crushing down right where his head meets his body. He was messed up for a while after, but he finished the match. That being said i dont think pro wrestling is anything like MMA, but i dont really see Brock tapping to anything either. Cant wait to see Brock
mmadb
4/4/07 12:22:42PM
Shooting Star Press

He messed it up because he got nervous and hesitated. He had done the move 100 of times in the past without landing on his head.
Pages: [1] 2 3