Did Brock Lesnar retire?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Did Brock Lesnar retire?
MisterFreeze
12/31/11 12:29:55AM
Did Brock just retire??
Budgellism
12/31/11 12:30:36AM
Yes.
MisterFreeze
12/31/11 12:32:15AM

Posted by Budgellism

Yes.

Judging by his performance, he had already quit in his mind. He was a defeated man entering the cage.... that's unfortunate.
Lesnar1
12/31/11 12:32:43AM
It sucks but I think he's done, He was severely outclassed by Reem, + when he says something he means it.
Budgellism
12/31/11 12:36:22AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by Budgellism

Yes.

Judging by his performance, he had already quit in his mind. He was a defeated man entering the cage.... that's unfortunate.

I completely agree. When he stepped into that cage he didn't look like he was ready or willing to fight. Sucks, but we get to see JDS vs. The Reem now
MisterFreeze
12/31/11 12:40:18AM
I'm actually kinda disappointed with Brock now... but whatever - I only want to watch fighters who actually want to fight. I think Brock likes the idea of fighting more than he actually likes fighting. No Heart.
FastKnockout
12/31/11 12:41:47AM
He just wasn't made for fighting, no matter how many times he said it.
jae_1833
12/31/11 12:47:26AM
He is the.type of guy who looks good and enjoys putting a hurting on someone however doesn't know how to react or enjoy the tables being turned on him. Very few are like that, Leben and Bonner are but Brock is more like Ortiz when he gets hit.
prozacnation1978
12/31/11 12:48:09AM
Glad to see brock fight cain and mir live!!
Ufc just lost their biggest PPV draw at a time when they are already losing viewers !!
grappler0000
12/31/11 12:48:09AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

I'm actually kinda disappointed with Brock now... but whatever - I only want to watch fighters who actually want to fight. I think Brock likes the idea of fighting more than he actually likes fighting. No Heart.

I'm sure there's plenty more of this to come from others, but still
Aether
12/31/11 12:51:28AM
well the guy made MMA history whether he fights again or not. I can't think of any other fighter who got thrown in the ring against top 10 fighters so fast and performed so well. He's a freak athlete.
Twenty20Dollars
12/31/11 12:54:44AM
nice retirement check, 400k
tcunningham
12/31/11 1:31:29AM
im not surprised. if you consider his quick rise to fame with very little experience, he's mid 30's now, many many health problems, and cant handle punches and kicks in a sport that revolves around punching and kicking.

ALSO, did anyone else think brock looked injured in the back after the fight? maybe im wrong but a kick like that and less than a year since he had all that intestinal surgery, hopefully hes ok. at least he'll have ample time to recover.
grappler0000
12/31/11 1:58:49AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

nice retirement check, 400k

Plus PPV cut.
Pookie
12/31/11 2:21:41AM
I hope Brock isn't a big drinker. Because if so, that liver kick would have hurt even more.

I loved how Alistair waded in past Brock's punches with his hands down to defend the takedown and set up the knees simultaneously.
ImagineThat
12/31/11 2:22:39AM
brock just wanted his paycheck
mrsmiley
12/31/11 8:39:58AM
I liked that Brock attempted to mix things up last night. He was throwing kicks and punches but Overeem just has too much experience and Brock too little in that department.

I think their are still good HW fights out their for Lesnar,their just not top 3 fights.
warglory
12/31/11 8:49:09AM
I don't think it's really fair of us to call Brock out. The man has had severe illnesses back to back, it's probably very difficult for him to get into fight shape now. He tried to stand with Overeem, which while not being the smartest of choices, was ballsy. Hats off to the man.
MisterFreeze
12/31/11 12:27:08PM
I respect Brocks accomplishments and I really enjoyed watching him fight over the last 4 years. He was one of my favorites and I really wanted to see him succeed. I think he has all the potential to do great things in the UFC.

Here is why i'm disappointed: Brock was already prepared to lose the fight against Overeem. A man doesn't just decide on the spot that he is gonna retire. This is something he has probably been contemplating for a while. Knowing he was done with MMA, he had no drive, no motivation, no heart in this fight. You could see it in his eyes and his performance. He already knew he was gonna retire so he had already lost in his mind before he stepped in the cage. He was not aggressive and at the first sign of difficulty in the fight Brock sat down and gave up.

If he was gonna retire, he could have at least went out in a blaze of glory but instead he sat down and turtled up with a whimper.

I still like the guy, i'm just disappointed with him in this fight.