Brock Lesnar Mildly Regrets Cock-Sword Tattoo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Brock Lesnar Mildly Regrets Cock-Sword Tattoo
juanez13
1/31/08 8:30:53PM

He also talks about some other stuff, like his love of steak. But my goodness, if Lesnar can withstand the questions lobbed at him by these boring hacks, he can withstand just about anything.

He’s got a good attitude and a pretty level head for a fighter, I think the hype misrepresents him a bit

LINK
Copenhagen
1/31/08 8:38:29PM
His attitude is definitely not what I expected. He's not as cocky and fake as I thought he'd be.
He's actually quite likeable.
xchickox
1/31/08 8:48:39PM
he definately like a really nice guy and i dont think a lot of people will expect that
odogg22
1/31/08 9:15:35PM
Sounds like a down to earth guy. Hope he proves he is legit and a force to reckon with
jiujitsufreak74
1/31/08 9:15:41PM
well then i guess he is really damn good at acting like a complete ass because he completely fooled me in his interviews

its great he has some humility and is level headed but in his interviews and pre-fight comments make him look like such a jerk. if he is as good of a person as that article makes him out to be then why is he such a douche in his UFC interviews?
kevietre
1/31/08 9:39:10PM
LOL nobdoy else finds the headline of COCK SWORD TATTOO funny?
rcg916
1/31/08 9:40:44PM
I honestly think that in the beginning, during his first interviews, he was just doing what he knew: creating hype through the interviews, just like they do in the WWE. Maybe he's realizing that you dont need to do that in MMA... The fight is hype enough. I definitely was glad to see that last interview, as he hadnt represented himself well before this one...
emfleek
1/31/08 10:08:10PM
Good interview...

...but I still hope Mir makes him tap in the 1st.
mrliquid
2/1/08 12:36:57AM
i'm definately picking Mir but Brock didnt look to bad in the UFC all access show and I didnt know he was married to Sable from the WWE.
Pitbull09
2/1/08 1:05:28AM
The countdown show confused me so much.

First he says how he is preparing hard for this fight and how it will be a challenge he's up to then next

My fist is going threw Frank Mir's mouth! Im not curbing my wrestling because of Frank Mir BJJ, I won in wrestling this way.

One problem Lesnar, this isnt just wrestling. He seems very bull headed at times and that will be his dimise in the cage. He will get frustrated and comprimise his position and get submitted. Its ashame how hard he trains that he can't just be respectable and acknowledge the threats to another fighters game.

Lesnar's training >>>
Also instead of sledge hammer drills to a big tire, Lesnar has decided a dead horse works better
rcg916
2/1/08 2:37:57AM

Posted by Pitbull09

First he says how he is preparing hard for this fight and how it will be a challenge he's up to then next

My fist is going threw Frank Mir's mouth! Im not curbing my wrestling because of Frank Mir BJJ, I won in wrestling this way.

One problem Lesnar, this isnt just wrestling. He seems very bull headed at times and that will be his dimise in the cage. He will get frustrated and comprimise his position and get submitted. Its ashame how hard he trains that he can't just be respectable and acknowledge the threats to another fighters game.

Lesnar's training >>>
Also instead of sledge hammer drills to a big tire, Lesnar has decided a dead horse works better

Man Ill be glad when this fight passes...
Jackelope
2/1/08 4:43:36AM
His attitude was pretty good in that interview. Props to Brock for not being a douche for once
jomatty
2/1/08 7:20:39AM
brock by first round arm bar or toe hold!!!!

honestly i dont know how much of his prior interviews were him just still looking for the great wwf style one liner. when he has to answer real questions he seems pretty down to earth and it is nice that he at least acknowledges why he is getting this opportunity and why other fighters would be suspicious of it.

good interview and im hoping mir wins but i think brock will actually pull it out.
CornishMMA
2/1/08 9:18:31AM
Im not so sure it does look as much like a cock as people make out!

And anyway he can easily get the tattoo touched up (yes snigger snigger) so it makes the point sharper and less bellendish
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/1/08 9:55:12AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Pitbull09

Lesnar's training >>>

Man Ill be glad when this fight passes...

caaaaaaaaaaaaan't wait for this fight to be over.
Mayhem13
2/1/08 12:47:55PM
seems like a good dude, pretty funny, not overconfident....answered a bunch of dumb questions, without getting flsutered/annnoyed.....good stuff actually.
Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 1:07:21PM
I don't really have a problem with Brock but I like Mir better and hope he wins.

I do think Lesnar's wrestling will help him do well in the UFC. He needs to work on the rest of his game a lot though before he will hold a title.
cowcatcher
2/1/08 1:10:21PM
heres the thing, everyone keeps talking about how bad it would be for the sport if a "fake" wrestler comes in and does well, but my take on it is if the guy does well it draws in that many more fans to the sport i love. all that can do is lead to bigger and better tv deals(maybe even with a network) and more events being held and shown due to more interest.
rcg916
2/1/08 3:11:57PM

Posted by cowcatcher

heres the thing, everyone keeps talking about how bad it would be for the sport if a "fake" wrestler comes in and does well, but my take on it is if the guy does well it draws in that many more fans to the sport i love. all that can do is lead to bigger and better tv deals(maybe even with a network) and more events being held and shown due to more interest.

We have a winner....

TimW001
2/1/08 3:13:57PM

Posted by cowcatcher

*Props*

(If I could)
LesnarLover
2/4/08 4:48:41PM
i post now as the fight has already ended, and I have heard from a reliable source that the tattoo was at least partly responsible for his loss, and that he understimated mir, thinking he could throw him from the ring as easily as he throws beached sharks back into the ocean.