Top 10: Brock Lesnar Killers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Top 10: Brock Lesnar Killers
The_Metal_Maniac
8/5/09 1:43:41PM
“The Next Big Thing” is now the “it thing” in the UFC: Brock Lesnar is the undisputed king of the heavyweight division.

Given his arrogant behavior after his win over Frank Mir at UFC 100, there’s a long lineup of people who want to see his demise.

Not only is Brock Lesnar big-headed, bad-mannered and beastly, he’s also the best heavyweight in the UFC, and being the best just adds fuel to his villainous fire.

Given his monstrous size and frame, he looks to be unstoppable, but in mixed martial arts, it only takes one punch to change the lineage. See: Kimbo Slice.

On that note, here’s a list of the top 10 Brock Lesnar killers -- both in and out of the UFC -- with the best shot at defeating this beast.

Article
grappler0000
8/5/09 1:49:32PM
Pretty decent list. I agree with the names on the list other than Rogers. Sure, if it stayed on the feet, obviously Rogers would be able to work him over, but I don't think it would stay on the feet...and Brett's the only one of the group that wouldn't have much to offer once it hit the ground.
Californiastrangler
8/5/09 2:06:10PM
So is there any truth to the author of this claiming that Brock and Brett Rogers have sparred together with Rogers KO'ing Brock? I've never heard of this before and wasn't aware that they have sparred at all and that Rogers had KO'd him. I'd like a source as this sounds fishy to me.
The_Metal_Maniac
8/5/09 2:13:31PM

Posted by Californiastrangler

So is there any truth to the author of this claiming that Brock and Brett Rogers have sparred together with Rogers KO'ing Brock? I've never heard of this before and wasn't aware that they have sparred at all and that Rogers had KO'd him. I'd like a source as this sounds fishy to me.

There was a Bret Rogers interview done a few weeks back where Bret told the interviewer about the sparring session. I remember reading the article but can't remember where I read it. Probably Sherdog. It's more of a he said she said, there's no video evidence to prove any of this.
McBee
8/5/09 2:17:53PM
Lashley is WAAAAY too inexperienced to be on this list, sure some wrestling in the past but let him get in the ring with someone that has won a couple of recent fights before saying he could bet the UFC HW champ and Brett Rogers has KO power and Arlovski took him lightly but ground game has not been tested so he should also not be on the list.

THEN it seems weird that you who have two people he has already beat on the list, Maybe he should have kept it to the top five instead of throwing in fillers.
postman
8/5/09 2:21:15PM

Posted by McBee

Lashley is WAAAAY too inexperienced to be on this list, sure some wrestling in the past but let him get in the ring with someone that has won a couple of recent fights before saying he could bet the UFC HW champ and Brett Rogers has KO power and Arlovski took him lightly but ground game has not been tested so he should also not be on the list.

THEN it seems weird that you who have two people he has already beat on the list, Maybe he should have kept it to the top five instead of throwing in fillers.

Um and Brock has or had such a great background to think he could beat Randy?????
McBee
8/5/09 2:27:22PM

Posted by postman

Posted by McBee

Um and Brock has or had such a great background to think he could beat Randy?????

He had already shown his power with Mir, Lashley has shown he can beat Sapp after a while of struggling with him on the ground when Nortje beat Sapp in 6 seconds and one punch but Nortje is not on the list.

List should have reasons, I am not saying Lashley will ever be on this list but it is premature right now

The Lashley Lesner comparisons are old and pretty unwarranted, just because they are both ex spandex wearer does not mean they are on the same level or the same rules should apply
1daveufc
8/5/09 2:44:28PM
Good list but if where on about one punch finishs a fight .What about cro-cop he is a world class striker a no he cud not live with Brock on the mat.May be we will see it if cro-cop beats Dos santos.
Hendo67
8/5/09 3:05:23PM
I disagree with Couture being on that list...
bjj1605
8/5/09 3:30:15PM
Its a decent list. Cro Cop and Bret Rogers don't belong on there though. Neither one could stop his take downs and neither has a competitive ground game compared to brock.
supatolacyl
8/5/09 4:06:47PM
Randy was doing decent in the fight until he ate that forearm/elbow. A 15 month layoff isn't the same for a 30 yr old as it is for a 44 yr old, so it understandable he was rusty, I think if he gets past big nog, then staying active he will put up a much better fight with Brock.

It's absolutely rediculous to count out Rogers, he can ko anyone and his striking with his takedown defence will keep him o n his feet for a few minutes and as we all have seen that's all the time he needs. (i'm not saying he can stay on his feet the whole match, but lng enough for him to test Brock;s jaw then yes)

A couple of names I would like to see on that list that weren't would be Barnet, he could pose all sorts of complications for Lesnar. The other man is Antonio "Junior" Silva. He is a mamoth of dude as well, with heavy hands. Since he has leaned out his spread has become pretty impressive. However, both have tested positive for banned substances (anabolic steroids i believe, so nethier will be fighting anytime in the US)
UFCmma666
8/5/09 4:08:05PM
i still think that a prepared and focused nogueira is a very dangerous man
xtra_chewy
8/5/09 5:11:03PM
Jon Madsen

Put him on the list. He is going to be on the next Ultimate Fighter, I've known Jon for a few years, he dated my friends sister. But back in the day he beat Lesnar in HS wrestling, good luck to him in the Ultimate Fighter show!
slapshot
8/5/09 5:44:24PM
The only two on that list that are legitimate are Fedor and nog. Hell there are a few guys on there that have a snowballs chance in hell.

This article is ignorant, I wish at some point MMA journalism could actually evolve and why do the people picked to write them always have a IQ of 79....

Another big plus for Carwin, who is one win away from facing Lesnar, is that he’s one of the biggest heavyweights. We’ve seen what Lesnar does to smaller heavyweights like Frank Mir -- throwing him around like a teddy bear -- but he won’t be able to do that to the 260-pound Carwin.

Because we all know Mir is just a feather at 240. The 20 lbs is enough to change the fight in some aspects but its not going to affect Brocks TD's and how on earth could it change the way Brock controls a fighter from top position.
SamPan
8/5/09 7:17:29PM
A lot of these bjj guys, like Mir and Noguiera, are just too small to implement bjj against a big guy like Lesnar. In Mir vs. Lesnar 2, Lesnar showed that hes figured out how to completely negate bjj with his size and side control. Anyone who doesnt have excellent wrestling will get taken down and pounded. That pretty much leaves Carwin, Velasquez, Couture, Fedor and Lashley. Im not saying Rodgers, AO and Dos Santos dont have a puncher's chance. They do. Just a small chance. I think Caine and Lshley have little chance at beating Lesnar. Their skill sets arent superior in any area and theyre smaller. Id say Carwin is big enough, a good enough wrestler and explosive enough to pose a threat. But Lesnar still walks in the ring about 30 lb heavier. The only one who I really think would beat Lesnar more often than not is Fedor, because his sambo skills would allow his bjj game to work and hes obviously a beast.
Art_Jimmerson
8/6/09 1:47:06AM
I think people underestimate Lesnar's wrestling, the man's shot is so powerful and just so fast that I doubt there are many (if any) Heavyweight's in the world that'd be able to defend it.
innovater450
8/6/09 7:38:41AM
Im puttin my money on Carwin. I hope he will be his next opponent (as long as he gets past cain). He def has the size and punching power to put lesnar on his @$$. Most of the other guys on that list will never step foot in the ufc octagon, but i would love to see a fight between him and lashley.
pv3Hpv3p
8/6/09 10:39:50AM

Posted by slapshot

The only two on that list that are legitimate are Fedor and nog. Hell there are a few guys on there that have a snowballs chance in hell.

This article is ignorant, I wish at some point MMA journalism could actually evolve and why do the people picked to write them always have a IQ of 79....

Another big plus for Carwin, who is one win away from facing Lesnar, is that he’s one of the biggest heavyweights. We’ve seen what Lesnar does to smaller heavyweights like Frank Mir -- throwing him around like a teddy bear -- but he won’t be able to do that to the 260-pound Carwin.

Because we all know Mir is just a feather at 240. The 20 lbs is enough to change the fight in some aspects but its not going to affect Brocks TD's and how on earth could it change the way Brock controls a fighter from top position.

To be fair... 20 punds is the difference between MW and LHW... And even less of a difference than there is between WW and LW... I understand that Brock/'s well within the rules for HW... But to say 20 lbs won't make a difference, is like saying there's really no point in seperating weightclasses... And we know that's not the fact since we saw BJ/GSP II
slapshot
8/6/09 12:42:55PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by slapshot

To be fair... 20 punds is the difference between MW and LHW... And even less of a difference than there is between WW and LW... I understand that Brock/'s well within the rules for HW... But to say 20 lbs won't make a difference, is like saying there's really no point in seperating weightclasses... And we know that's not the fact since we saw BJ/GSP II

I think you should read my post slower next time, who said 20 LBS wont make a difference?