Brock Lesnar Hates Steve Mazzagatti, Breaks Door

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock Lesnar Hates Steve Mazzagatti, Breaks Door
BrutalKnockOut
7/7/09 8:56:14PM
Brock Lesnar Hates Steve Mazzagatti, Breaks Door

Check out the short video as Brock Lesnar watches the finish of his first fight with Frank Mir, gets angry, and starts breaking things. Pretty hilarious.
Jackelope
7/7/09 9:45:29PM
LOL... wtf?

Brock is super competitive, but I don't like stuff like this. It just makes him look like a meathead who can't control his temper. He's shown that he's better than that several times. Why can't he keep it up?
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/7/09 10:00:47PM
Hate is such a hard word

dry those tears off brocko
cowcatcher
7/7/09 10:13:33PM
personally that kind of stuff annoys me, but id hate to be across the cage from that guy.
postman
7/7/09 10:18:06PM
Pure rage dosn't go very far in MMA hope for Brocks sake he keeps his cool agianst Mir or he won't win. I'm watching the coutdown now and he seems like he mad there is a fine line and if he crosses it he will get hurt.
mentalcase
7/7/09 10:18:56PM
he hardly touched the door, it seemed like that door was just leaning against the wall and he taps it

i was looking forward to a chris leben style door smash and this is what i get
cloud301336
7/7/09 10:35:52PM

Posted by postman

Pure rage dosn't go very far in MMA hope for Brocks sake he keeps his cool agianst Mir or he won't win. I'm watching the coutdown now and he seems like he mad there is a fine line and if he crosses it he will get hurt.

actually emotions can be helpful or bad in MMA it all depends on the person
Jackelope
7/7/09 10:43:49PM

Posted by cloud301336

Posted by postman

actually emotions can be helpful or bad in MMA it all depends on the person

LOL, I'm going to go ahead and guess that Lesnar is the latter. Considering his eagerness got him in trouble the first fight.
Rush
7/7/09 10:55:37PM
Both Mir and Lesnar looked like **insert bannable phrase here** in the countdown.
KingCmb
7/7/09 11:26:15PM
i thought mir looked fairly classy he never said he was the best or anything ricockulous

anywho lmao i wanna punch his mustache off
chitownsfinest15
7/7/09 11:29:46PM
probably one of the funnier clips ive seen lol....."i want to pucnh his mustache off" hahah that is funny as hell...
mrsmiley
7/7/09 11:42:14PM
Ha ha.
It's like he's doing a pro-wrestling shoot.
breakdown5
7/8/09 12:43:03AM
Friggin' hilarious.

grappler0000
7/8/09 12:53:53AM

Posted by the-king

anywho lmao i wanna punch his mustache off

Perhaps Brock has already done this...have you seen Mazzagatti lately?
lohmann
7/8/09 12:56:14AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Ha ha.
It's like he's doing a pro-wrestling shoot.

Agreed. Even the door that he "breaks" looks like it was fixed for a total work. Those snippy one-liners about Steve Mazzagatti are pointless; since when have mixed martial artists called out referees with threats? I've heard fighters disagree with referee choices, but never one that wanted to kill a referee. That sort of bullying is beyond-the-line.

I do not want Brock Lesnar to win for a multitude of reasons. Listing them would probably get me banned.
Franca311Diaz
7/8/09 2:14:00AM
brock tapped 4 times before the fight was stopped.

Im pretty sure that you gotta tap alteast 3 times in order for the ref to see it as a "I give up"

I dont know what Brock is complaining about
TimW001
7/8/09 2:49:57AM
Yes Brock, it was Steve's fault.

Isn't the rule that you need to tap AT LEAST three times?
telnights
7/8/09 3:49:37AM
Well Brock has reason to dislike Mazzagatti for the restart and point deduction. It was favoritism at worst or just poor judgment at best on Mazzagtti's side. No real warning to speak of when we have seen Steve give many many verbal warnings for strikes to the back of the head and never stop the action. We have even seen him tell fighters that have taken shots to family jewels to fight through it. There are many other things as well he has made mistakes on. He is very inconsistent on how he Refs fights and if I was in Brock's shoes I wouldn't like the guy either.

Now the hole tapout issue wasn't really an issue at all and Steve got that one right. Then Brock hitting a door just from watching past fight film seams very childish and shows a lack of control over his temper. I would have much rather have seen him be very professional about and just say I made a mistake and move on. But maybe its just for show and he still has that hole WWE mentality of how to build up a fight.
Kpro
7/8/09 3:55:06AM
I think that was gone over in another thread last year and we tracked down the verbage and nowhere does it state that you have to tap 3 times or at least 3 times.

It's referee discretion when you can obviously see the person is tapping from a submission even if it's one tap.

Sorry, no link.
Rush
7/8/09 6:44:06AM
There used to be a rule regarding 3 open handed taps to officially submit, but it has been changed for some time.

jahdoug
7/8/09 9:34:40AM
Rage, Muscle = What BJJ was made to overcome.
scpd400
7/8/09 9:58:47AM
I wish Steve Mazzagatti, was the ref in this fight too. I hope Mir cranks the knee again.
finnish_line
7/8/09 11:17:05AM

Mazz is the worst ref of all time (on the big stage at least) and I don't blame Brock at all for hating him.

I hate him and he's never personally wronged me.
cowcatcher
7/8/09 11:33:01AM

Posted by finnish_line

Mazz is the worst ref of all time (on the big stage at least) and I don't blame Brock at all for hating him.

I hate him and he's never personally wronged me.

have you heard of dan mirgliotta or cecil peoples(i know hes more known for being the worst judge, but im guessing his horribleness transfers to reffing as well)???
mrsmiley
7/8/09 11:50:22AM
It kind of make's me wish Mustachgatti is the Ref again.
I can't help but laugh when I wonder if Brock would attack Mir or steve first.
whardin19
7/9/09 8:24:54PM
Punch Mazzagatti's mustache off Brock. Now that is something I'd like to see!!!
Rush
7/9/09 9:00:30PM

Posted by mrsmiley

It kind of make's me wish Mustachgatti is the Ref again.
I can't help but laugh when I wonder if Brock would attack Mir or steve first.

Could you imagine the staredown if Maz was reffing. I think Brock would stare down the ref and tell him he is coming for him after he deals with Mir. That would be legendary.

Posted by jahdoug

Rage, Muscle = What BJJ was made to overcome.

Royce Gracie couldn't overcome Hughes' strength with BJJ.
NewEnglandMMA
7/22/09 9:02:23PM
Breaks door... LOL