Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir 2 moved to UFC 100 + Rashed Evans Defends At UFC 98

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir 2 moved to UFC 100 + Rashed Evans Defends At UFC 98
MMAcca
3/7/09 8:31:40PM
Better late than never.

The final round of the mini heavyweight tournament set up to declare an undisputed division champion has been rescheduled to take place at UFC 100 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 11.

LINK

EDIT: Announced live on the UFC 96 broadcast, Rashad Evans will now headline UFC 98 in place of MIr/Lesnar. His opponent will be Rampage Jackson (if he beats Jardine and is uninjured) or Lyoto Machida (If Rampage loses/is injured)
Jackelope
3/7/09 8:35:43PM
Good deal, like I said.. in the end this will be a lot better. Now there won't be excuses
lohmann
3/7/09 8:38:47PM
Does this mean Machida gets a title shot against Evans at 98?

(I can hope.)
MMAcca
3/7/09 9:06:45PM

Posted by lohmann

Does this mean Machida gets a title shot against Evans at 98?

(I can hope.)

Only if Rampage loses tonight or gets a bad injury
Loot613
3/7/09 9:18:09PM
lol Heath Herring is pissed, they said he couldn't be on the card it's booked full. So they're sending him to Germany, guy has been in the UFC for a little while lives in Vegas but has never fought in Vegas... lol
Jackelope
3/7/09 9:32:56PM
Yeah, but Herring trains out of Netherlands a lot, right? So he shouldn't have too much of a problem with fighting in Germany. That is, unless he's gone full time U.S. for his training
BDON911
3/8/09 12:56:57AM
aww man...you totally messed up my last thread by editing the title here
Darnok
3/8/09 1:03:29AM
This is awesome. As soon as the first thread showed up about Mir's injury I said they would move it to 100.

I am happy I finally called something right.