Brock Lesnar As A Draw

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock Lesnar As A Draw
MMAcca
7/1/08 1:36:11PM
UFC 87 isn't until August but Dave Meltzer had an interesting tidbit in the print version of his Wrestling Observer Newsletter as it relates to Brock Lesnar's performance on PPV for the UFC.

Of the almost 600,000 buys that the Lesnar-Mir PPV did, UFC people tracked that nearly half had never ordered a UFC PPV event before, and you know where all those new viewers came from.

LINK
gsquat
7/1/08 1:53:01PM
Brock is gonna be huge. He already draws a huge crowd and he has tons of potential. I dont think he'll be sumbitted for the rest of his career and will hold the HW belt someday. Heath is great, but Brock is the future of the sport.
Figsak
7/1/08 3:25:13PM
If steroid infused body builders are the future of the sport, I'm out.
imanidiot777
7/1/08 3:40:05PM

Posted by Figsak

You have no proof of any one taking steroids, use some rationality and not a bias. Clearly he is a wrestler and not a body builder since he was NCAA national champ or did you just chose to ignore that so you could be even more biased? Show me a positive test for steroids and I'll believe you, but there isn't even a rumor anywhere. Almost everyone in MMA works out and lifts hard so they all might as well be body builders. I'm not saying he is definitely going to be great or not, he could just lose a few fights and be gone, but at least have some truth in your arguments and realize that you are talking about a seriously good athlete.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 8:55:08PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by Figsak

You have no proof of any one taking steroids, use some rationality and not a bias. Clearly he is a wrestler and not a body builder since he was NCAA national champ or did you just chose to ignore that so you could be even more biased? Show me a positive test for steroids and I'll believe you, but there isn't even a rumor anywhere. Almost everyone in MMA works out and lifts hard so they all might as well be body builders. I'm not saying he is definitely going to be great or not, he could just lose a few fights and be gone, but at least have some truth in your arguments and realize that you are talking about a seriously good athlete.

i am just going to say that there is no doubt he took steroids. there isn't any rumors because everyone accepts it as fact and moves on. it wasn't like he was cheating, a lot of wrestlers use steroids, heck, i would say the majority of wrestlers use steroids and it really isn't that big of a deal. yes, he was a great wrestler, but don't pretend that he never took steroids...and it's not like the fact that he took steroids has any impact anyway so don't get all butt hurt about it.
Figsak
7/2/08 4:34:01PM
RIght. I don't know what YOU think the human body is capable of, but it's just not naturally possible for a person to get that big without MAJOR help from an outside substance.

Genetics can take you half way up the hill, but they wont put you on top of the mountain and flying off the other side. This man is airborne.
eschuie
7/31/08 12:17:36AM
I dont know about you guys, but I saw Brock Lesnar win a big ten championship in 1999 and he was freakishly large then. some people got the genes, and some of us do not.
mrsmiley
7/31/08 5:39:10AM
Brock will be a big drawing name,and I've said before that whether MMA fans like it or not,pro-wrestling can do for MMA state-side,what it did for the sport in Japan.

I think it's too early to declare Brock will be the future of the sport,but I do think he can be the doorway,that paves the way for future wrestlers to come into MMA.
Rabi
7/31/08 5:48:38AM
I dont think Brock will ever reach the top. I think the UFC will use his name to attract a bigger fan base. If he continues to fight this level of opponent ( Mir and Herring ) then it will show the wwe fans what wrestlers really are and hopefully those wwe fans will fall in love with real fighting and continue to follow the sport.

I reckon Herring rd 2 tko.