Brock Lesnar Doesn't Really Want To Talk About Fighting Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock Lesnar Doesn't Really Want To Talk About Fighting Fedor
DCRage
4/13/09 10:52:16AM
It's probably a good idea not to ask Brock Lesnar about fighting Fedor Emelianenko anytime soon, if at all. He simply says there's nothing to talk about until when (if) Fedor signs with UFC, then he can talk about it.

Article
finnish_line
4/13/09 10:55:39AM

I'M sick of people asking Brock that. I can only imagine how sick he is of it.

What's the point?
DCRage
4/13/09 10:59:51AM
Simple. Apparently a lot of people want to see Fedor vs. whoever is UFC HW Champion at the moment. We heard it all the time with Couture, now it's Brock's turn. And if Mir beats Brock again we'll probably hear Fedor-Mir questions.
tomp6581
4/13/09 12:28:17PM

Posted by DCRage

Simple. Apparently a lot of people want to see Fedor vs. whoever is UFC HW Champion at the moment. We heard it all the time with Couture, now it's Brock's turn. And if Mir beats Brock again we'll probably hear Fedor-Mir questions.

LakieMan
4/13/09 12:37:47PM
I don't blame Lesnar, there is no reason to discuss this fight untill Fedor comes to the UFC, and lord knows what he would do to Lesnar!
Zekeil
4/13/09 1:43:20PM

Posted by LakieMan

I don't blame Lesnar, there is no reason to discuss this fight untill Fedor comes to the UFC, and lord knows what he would do to Lesnar!

Of coarse there's reason. If you want Fedor in the UFC the media and the fans need to pressure everyone (including almighty Lesnar) about Fedor fighting in the UFC.
If everybody just dropped the subject do you think Fedor would end up in the UFC...NO.
If Fedor comes to the UFC the only reason will be because the fans want it.

Plus Lesnar knows if he fights Fedor his lack of talent and experience wil be exposed even more than it was with Mir.
LakieMan
4/13/09 1:47:27PM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by LakieMan

Of coarse there's reason. If you want Fedor in the UFC the media and the fans need to pressure everyone (including almighty Lesnar) about Fedor fighting in the UFC.
If everybody just dropped the subject do you think Fedor would end up in the UFC...NO.

Plus Lesnar knows if he fights Fedor his lack of talent and experience wil be exposed even more than it was with Mir.

Understood, but I'm just seeing it in Brocks point, Fedor is not over there so don't worry about, Lesnar would probly fight Fedor but he would get killed.
Blizzard
4/13/09 2:01:06PM
They also don't want to answer truthfuly, because they would say "I would lose" who wants to admit that.
Aaronno9
4/13/09 2:08:55PM
Mabeys he just wants to avoid the drama. I dont like Brock, but Id handle it in the same way he is. When Randy wanted the fight there was pressure coming from everywhere on Fedor to sign, and he didnt, so whats the point in Brock doing it. He knows if Fedor was to ever sign the fight would have to happen, but that aint happening any time soon, so he should just keep his mind on Frank for now.
wapttn
4/13/09 3:31:20PM

Posted by Zekeil

I disagree with that. About 95% of the fans who know about fedor were desperate for him to come to the ufc when pride was bought out. We were heart broken every time a deal fell through and most of us became so frustrated with the prospect and let downs that we stopped reading articles about how fedor 'might' come to the ufc. We've been about as excited and desperate as we could be for fedor to come to the ufc, and he and his management have made it clear that their decisions on when and where to fight are not based on what the fans want.

If everybody dropped the subject, would fedor end up in the ufc... maybe, but if fedor comes to the ufc, it wont be because the fans want it.
FedortoAll
4/13/09 4:20:57PM
I actually agree with Lesnar, it's pointless to create buzz for a fight that may never happen. How messed up is it that the greatest fighter in the sport's history may never step into the octagon?
finnish_line
4/13/09 8:03:27PM

Brock is trying to train the reporters to ask him questions about his next real opponent. Previously it was Couture, now it's Mir. Fedor questions are just a waste of everyone's time and energy at this point. There's a legit fight to hype at the moment.
Pookie
4/13/09 8:17:55PM

Posted by wapttn

Posted by Zekeil

I disagree with that. About 95% of the fans who know about fedor were desperate for him to come to the ufc when pride was bought out. We were heart broken every time a deal fell through and most of us became so frustrated with the prospect and let downs that we stopped reading articles about how fedor 'might' come to the ufc. We've been about as excited and desperate as we could be for fedor to come to the ufc, and he and his management have made it clear that their decisions on when and where to fight are not based on what the fans want.

If everybody dropped the subject, would fedor end up in the ufc... maybe, but if fedor comes to the ufc, it wont be because the fans want it.

i would add the UFC as well as his management making it clear that their decision on when and where to fight is not being based on what the fans want.
TommyD84
6/24/09 1:44:26PM
I think it's much more simple than that. Lesnar likes to run his mouth to get attention on his upcoming fights. He can say this or that about Mir, and people can look for themselves and see that Frank has some weaknesses. Fedor, not so much. This just shows the showmanship of the UFC. If Brock was really that confident in himself, he wouldn't care where Fedor wanted to fight him, he would go. And I'm sure Dana would oblige so long as Zuffa gets part of the proceeds.
emfleek
6/24/09 1:49:05PM

Posted by TommyD84

I think it's much more simple than that. Lesnar likes to run his mouth to get attention on his upcoming fights. He can say this or that about Mir, and people can look for themselves and see that Frank has some weaknesses. Fedor, not so much. This just shows the showmanship of the UFC. If Brock was really that confident in himself, he wouldn't care where Fedor wanted to fight him, he would go. And I'm sure Dana would oblige so long as Zuffa gets part of the proceeds.

FYI - you may not want to start bumping old threads. Make sure you check the time stamp on a thread before bumping it. Some people around here get their panties in a bunch when old threads are repeatedly bumped...
Shadymlm
6/27/09 5:33:33AM
It's funny how everyone writes Brock off as if he were some no talent loser, yes he was in WWE, but with the money that he was offered can ya blame him? How easily people forget that he was a NCAA National champion and how much he's improved each time we see him. Frank Mir got lucky! That's right I said it. Let's be honest, how many time's have you seen a fight stood up and a point taken for 1 maybe 2 shots to the back of the head? I know I've never seen it, usually you hear the ref say watch the back of the head. but nope fight was stood up and Brock dominated again then got caught that will not happen again. and if Fedor faced Brock, it wouldn't be a walk in the park. Brock would present alot of Problems. Not saying Fedor couldn't win I'm just saying it wouldn't be as easy as everyone thinks and Brock would have a chance!