With Brock Lesnar and Cole Konrad Retired, Team Death Clutch Is No More

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With Brock Lesnar and Cole Konrad Retired, Team Death Clutch Is No More
grappler0000
10/10/12 11:49:00AM
Following the retirements of both Brock Lesnar and Cole Konrad, what was once Team Death Clutch is no more.

The heavyweight team that assembled around former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar came to notoriety after the former Minnesota wrestler wanted to built a gym and facility that would make him a more complete mixed martial artist, while also keeping him close to home...

Full Story
postman
10/10/12 12:25:45PM
quiters
tcunningham
10/10/12 1:42:17PM
not surprising.
frizzzlecake
10/10/12 2:05:04PM
Wait that was an actual camp! I thought it was a place for Lesnar's fat friends to play BJJ.

Fooled me!
fullerene
10/10/12 2:34:06PM
I know there were other people that were brought in, but it is funny to read that OP literally and think that Cole Konrad was the guy Brock brought in to make him a more well rounded MMA artist.
Bubbles
10/10/12 4:38:41PM
damn there goes Pat Barry's wrestling game. It looked so refined vs Lavar Johnson
Chael_Sonnen
10/10/12 5:22:37PM
Brock's been retired ever since Mir took home his leg @ UFC 81.
frizzzlecake
10/10/12 7:33:52PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Retired Brock> Old man Randy.
bjj1605
10/11/12 9:21:13AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Didn't he, like, win the HW Championship of the world sometime after that fight?

Minor detail though.
airkerma
10/11/12 9:53:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

damn there goes Pat Barry's wrestling game. It looked so refined vs Lavar Johnson

Ha the sad thing is, is that it didn't look terrible...and he is way smaller than Lavar but still worked him for a short amount of time on the ground.
kingsmasher
10/11/12 10:53:34AM
I see Brock coming back for at least one more big paycheck.....Why not? Lotta money
jjeans
10/11/12 11:10:16AM

Posted by kingsmasher

I see Brock coming back for at least one more big paycheck.....Why not? Lotta money

I understand what your saying but if his camps now closed, doesn't want to live away from his family, and is a very realistic guy and wouldn't ever want up damage a sport I don't know why he'd come back

He's never half arsed anything and in MMA if you half arse something you could end up looking like bob sapp, or he could get knocked out, neither really helps him, physically or mentally.

I'd only really like to see him fight a Ju Jitsu guy who couldn't do too much damage on the feet. A double retirement fight with Big Nog in the future or something like that.
frizzzlecake
10/11/12 3:09:52PM
Bigfoot vs. Lesnar would sell like hotcakes.
Chael_Sonnen
10/11/12 7:21:41PM
I wanna see Brock make chicken salad out of chicken shit.....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
941_Florida_Boy
10/12/12 11:46:25AM
everyone HAD to know that Brock was NEVER in this for the long-term... he saw an opportunity to make a lot of $$$$$ in a short amount of time and he took it - i don't blame him at all... just wish he didn't go out the way he did...