Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem POLL

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem POLL
POLL: Lesnar vs Overeem
Lesnar KO/TKO 25% (14)
Lesnar Sub 2% (1)
Lesnar Decision 5% (3)
Overeem KO/TKO 61% (34)
Overeem Sub 7% (4)
Overeem Decision 0% (0)
Poor_Franklin
9/6/11 3:41:14PM
Who Wins?

Something tells me it won't go all 5 rounds....
placente
9/6/11 3:50:26PM
Seeing Brock Lesnar get outclassed against Cain Velasquez in the stand-up would lead me to believe that the REEM who is a way more seasoned striker and has been in the game more than Cain, would take Lesnar apart in less than two rounds.

Plus i dont think Lesnar's performance after that digestive disease will let him fight like before.
Poor_Franklin
9/6/11 3:52:24PM

Posted by placente

Seeing Brock Lesnar get outclassed against Cain Velasquez in the stand-up would lead me to believe that the REEM who is a way more seasoned striker and has been in the game more than Cain, would take Lesnar apart in less than two rounds.

Plus i dont think Lesnar's performance after that digestive disease will let him fight like before.

To me, this fight will go w/ Lesnar's takedowns. If he gets them, he wins. If he doesn't, he will look worse than Cain made him look
prophecy033
9/6/11 4:24:38PM
Overeem is gonna have to do more to stop the takedowns of Brock then Werdum. But I see Overeem winning by ko/tko. Lesner seems to stop, drop, and roll like he's on fire when he's getting punched in the face.
placente
9/6/11 4:27:23PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by placente

To me, this fight will go w/ Lesnar's takedowns. If he gets them, he wins. If he doesn't, he will look worse than Cain made him look

With Alistair, it is more probable that he could land a takedown, but i question his fighting game, mentality, and ring rust after that disease
Chael_Sonnen
9/6/11 4:32:44PM
First choice....Uber will get smashed
DrivenDavies15
9/6/11 5:10:54PM
Unless Brock can take him down and keep him down I don't think he will win this fight, Overeem's striking is much better than Lesnar's and Brock just can't take a punch. R1KO Overeem
kopower
9/6/11 5:34:26PM
Although I'm not super impressed with Overeem, I don't like Brock's long layoff, coupled with his ability to take damage. If Overeem is able to land a few solid shots, the fight could end rather early. It will be interesting if the fight get's out of the second round though. Alistair just might gas and Brock could take over.

I'm thinking Alistair wins via ko.
scoozna
9/6/11 5:39:15PM
I foresee an insane bull rush by Brock followed by Reem's face resembling Frank Mir's after a couple minutes of uninterrupted smashing.
ghandikush
9/6/11 6:28:58PM
Overeem by punches and knee rape. He will have 5 rounds to do it. And I highly highly doubt Lesnar will finish Overeem.
Poor_Franklin
9/6/11 6:31:10PM

Posted by prophecy033

Lesner seems to stop, drop, and roll like he's on fire when he's getting punched in the face.

Lesnar Tumble gif
Budgellism
9/6/11 6:48:46PM
I've got Overeem winning fairly early in the 1st.
gravy13
9/6/11 6:54:55PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by prophecy033

Lesner seems to stop, drop, and roll like he's on fire when he's getting punched in the face.

Lesnar Tumble gif

Dancing Brock
Aether
9/6/11 7:30:39PM
I don't think Brock's wrestling is as good as it looks on paper. He doesn't have the striking to set his takedowns up, so they suffer. Add in his long layoff, his inability to take a punch, and Overeem's massive striking advantage and a really strong guillotine and I don't see a lot of ways for Brock to win the fight.

Of course if he can manage to get it to the ground he would have a solid chance, but I don't think he'll be able to do that.
sbulldavid
9/6/11 8:14:23PM
Overeem 2nd round guillotine choke
placente
9/6/11 8:22:36PM
IF lesnar can land a takedown, and he realizes thats his only chance of winning, then i dont think The Reem will up from such takedown and it will be lesnar vs mir 2 all over again.
prozacnation1978
9/6/11 10:12:59PM
It won't last a round.
I should just pony up the grand and go
s13drifter
9/7/11 1:30:13AM
I agree it all depends on Brock's takedown. I am rooting for Brock, he has earned my respect for fighting with his illness and taking on tough opponents.
TimW001
9/7/11 3:49:05AM
Million dollar men, ten cent chins.
KNIGHT
9/7/11 3:59:05AM
I say the fans win becasue with all the unknowns.Brock being injured and a long lay off and Overeem having his ufc debut and not facing a wrestler of Brock's caliber in a while. So it will fun to watch and hard to pick a winner for me but i don't think it goes the full 5 rounds.
timothyera
9/7/11 1:25:48PM
Lesnar is not a can. Hill take Overeem down at will and smash him worse than he did Mir.
prophecy033
9/7/11 2:07:18PM

Posted by timothyera

Lesnar is not a can. Hill take Overeem down at will and smash him worse than he did Mir.

everyone can dream....
Hendo67
9/8/11 1:25:40PM
I think The Reem sends Lesnar into the cage then works him over with some knees, ending the fight late in the first round via tko.
placente
9/8/11 4:51:04PM
maybe Lesnar lands a punch similar to the heath herring fight and end it all in 7 sec, Reem's chin is not the best
ajp10k
9/8/11 5:55:37PM
Takedown to ground and pound all day. Lesnar 1st round tko.