Brock Lesnar anyone??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Brock Lesnar anyone??
Next Page »
JeremiahD84
7/21/07 4:59:05PM
Does anybody know when Brock Lesnar will be having his next MMA fight?
Piccosaur
7/21/07 5:40:55PM
Did he win his first one? I really didn't follow him into MMA as much as a should have.
peachfuzzz1305
7/21/07 6:02:49PM
Yeah i think he might possibly be fightin someone like Kimbo or Tank

Those are just some rumors i heard from my MMA buddies
Piccosaur
7/21/07 6:13:29PM

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

Yeah i think he might possibly be fightin someone like Kimbo or Tank

Those are just some rumors i heard from my MMA buddies

He should verse the winner of that match, if he's good.
Mastodon2
7/21/07 6:14:44PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Did he win his first one? I really didn't follow him into MMA as much as a should have.

Yeah but the guy he was up against fell over almost immediately, and tapped out due to strikes after Lesnar landed only a few shots, he should never have been in MMA if he couldnt even take a few shots, they werent even bangers either, just little hammer fists, so whether Lesnar will actually be able to hack MMA or not is still unknown.
juanez13
7/21/07 6:18:04PM
yea they guy he fought wasnt good, i would love to see kimbo vs brock....kimbo would get killed, cus i dont think he can stop a takedown from brock....but thats juss my opinion
DevonFoxy
7/21/07 6:24:36PM
Brocks pretty intimidating but i think if he came up against a good take down defense fighter and KO power he would get KO'ed fairly easy. I don't know the man is a bear but i think he isn't the greatest wrestler I've seen and i don't think he has any stand up.
rcg916
7/21/07 6:26:23PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Piccosaur

Yeah but the guy he was up against fell over almost immediately, and tapped out due to strikes after Lesnar landed only a few shots, he should never have been in MMA if he couldnt even take a few shots, they werent even bangers either, just little hammer fists, so whether Lesnar will actually be able to hack MMA or not is still unknown.

Nicely said, keyboard warrior.

One question, have you ever been punched by a guy Lesnar's size? Neither have I. Thats why I dont have an opinion about it. Neither should you. Those who train and fight have a right to speculate. The ones who just read about it should stick to talking MMA without pretending that theyve actually been in the situation they are talking about. Stick to being a fan. Respect the guys who go in there and fight.
rcg916
7/21/07 6:28:03PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

... i think he isn't the greatest wrestler I've seen and i don't think he has any stand up.

Yeah, those NCAA national champions are garbage!
AmericanFighterAce
7/21/07 6:38:14PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Piccosaur

One question, have you ever been punched by a guy Lesnar's size? Neither have I. Thats why I dont have an opinion about it. Neither should you. Those who train and fight have a right to speculate. The ones who just read about it should stick to talking MMA without pretending that theyve actually been in the situation they are talking about. Stick to being a fan. Respect the guys who go in there and fight.

Thank you.

Brock Lesnar is hands down one of the best wrestlers in the MMA game today, this kid was PHENOMINAL in College and he still has not lost a touch. Hei s a work in progress, he still has to adapt to the whole game of MMA and not just be a wrestler. Even thought it seems that wrestling is practically one of the strongest styles in MMA today, you still have to be well rounded and I think Brock in a year or two will be well rounded. Everybody is forgetting that Brock Lesnar is being trained by Royce Gracie. For the Kimbo/Tank vs . Brock speculators, it will never happen both are in two very different organizations and Brock would destroy Tank Abbott with his size and his natural power, Tank Abbott would not be able to stop Brock's incredible takedowns and Brock would ground and pound Tank either into Submission or into a knockout.
Kimbo slice is the same thing, when Kimbo fought Sean Gannon who was a mixed martial art fighter, Kimbo got beat. Yes I know that he is now training all around MMA, but Brock Lesnar has been wretling almost his whole entire life, and Brock would once again take him down and just beat him to a pulp.

Brock Lesnar is a project, still very raw in the the MMA game, but with his skills and his power, if he has the heart, the will, and the dedication to MMA Fighting, and he takes in what Royce teaches him, Brock Lesnar could be one of the best MMA fighters in the world.

Its all there for Brock, he has the skills but he needs to become more well rounded, and the guy might just run over anybody.
DevonFoxy
7/21/07 6:47:38PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by DevonFoxy

... i think he isn't the greatest wrestler I've seen and i don't think he has any stand up.

Yeah, those NCAA national champions are garbage!

I know hes a great wrestler don't get me wrong but not the best i've seen is all. Ive seen some of his matches at Minnesota as a Golden Gopher* but he's not as good as other wrestlers I've seen is all.
JeremiahD84
7/21/07 7:14:36PM
lol, ok everyone, I enjoyed reading about your opinions on Brock, however, i'm still curious... is there anyone who knows of an actual 2nd fight match up in the works for him?
TOMMYAYO05
7/21/07 7:37:01PM
He is probably the strongest in the game with his strength but his first fight that guy gave up too early.Yeah it would be cool to see him get the winner of Slice and Abbot.Im taking Kimbo Slice in that one.
rcg916
7/21/07 8:55:59PM

Posted by JeremiahD84

lol, ok everyone, I enjoyed reading about your opinions on Brock, however, i'm still curious... is there anyone who knows of an actual 2nd fight match up in the works for him?

It hasnt even come up yet. Hes wrestled in Japan, and plans to do so a few more times, as they pay him huge... I would look for more Lesnar talk in about 6 months or so...
Kisame
7/22/07 1:40:24AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Piccosaur

Keyboard warrior or not his opponent was not fighter material.
ultimatefighter33
7/22/07 3:16:59AM
i would like to see lesnar fight wes sims i think that would be an awesome match
rcg916
7/22/07 4:07:50AM

Posted by Kisame

Keyboard warrior or not his opponent was not fighter material.

Are you judging by his 2-6 record? Because his six losses came to top competition: Sapp (when he still wanted to fight=beast), Ray Sefo (K-1 bad ass), Schilt (K-1 Champion), Don Frye (MMA Legend), Mighty Mo (one of the best power punchers going), and Brock (College Champion and stronger than 95% of the guys he will face)... I say he has serious balls to take those fights...

If you are going on solely that fight, remember that he took the fight on about a weeks notice, and he was a second or third choice, so who knows how prepared he actually was.

But, thanks for your two cents. You may join your Keyboard Warrior Brother on the front lines of FBK... Fight Behind Keyboard. Its huge online....
JeremiahD84
7/22/07 9:53:09AM
Ha, Wes sims.... yeah right. Only if Brock wants to have nothing but illegal moves done to him should he fight Wes Sims, all that guy does is punch in the groin or stomp people inthe head... what a loser.
casey64
7/22/07 12:21:44PM
All I know is he used to be in the wwe and tried out for football.
Boo_Radley21
7/22/07 1:53:51PM
Bob Sapp should fight lesnar.
SpiderSilva
7/22/07 3:38:13PM

Brock is a freak watching him take some blows in wrestling he might be able to take some punches and with his NCAA backround he looks that much better I hope he turns out hes pretty intimidating
Mastodon2
7/22/07 5:48:32PM

Posted by rcg916

[

yeah except Im a Nak Muay, Ive been hit a lot harder than Lesnar was hitting there. Look at the position his opponent was in, he had a bodylock around lesnar, and his head was pressed into Lesnar's chest, and Lesnar was on top. Even Fedor can't throw hard shots from that position, yeah they will hurt, but no way are they going to hurt you enough to make you think "Im taking a lot of damage, I better tap".

I respect the guys that go in there and fight, the guy Lesnar was against didnt fight, and that is key in me not respecting him, he went down rigtht away and tapped after about 5 hammer fists. Not even Chris Leben does that.
masodd
7/22/07 7:28:29PM
brock vs chuck would be good.....lets see if brock has good enough wrestlin skills to take down chuck and vice versa
rcg916
7/22/07 9:42:01PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by rcg916

[

yeah except Im a Nak Muay, Ive been hit a lot harder than Lesnar was hitting there. Look at the position his opponent was in, he had a bodylock around lesnar, and his head was pressed into Lesnar's chest, and Lesnar was on top. Even Fedor can't throw hard shots from that position, yeah they will hurt, but no way are they going to hurt you enough to make you think "Im taking a lot of damage, I better tap".

I respect the guys that go in there and fight, the guy Lesnar was against didnt fight, and that is key in me not respecting him, he went down rigtht away and tapped after about 5 hammer fists. Not even Chris Leben does that.

TOMMYAYO05
7/22/07 11:40:22PM

brock vs chuck would be good.....lets see if brock has good enough wrestlin skills to take down chuck and vice versa
Brock would smash chuck in wrestling as long as he dint get caught he would beat chuck no problem he is way too big and strong for somemone of chucks size..
Lethal
7/23/07 3:13:12AM
I think Brock's biggest problem will be his mindset. Based on the way he talked after his fight and his overall attitude in inteviews etc. he may have a problem getting past the fact that he is not the biggest thing in MMA yet. Hopefully he matrures and doesn't treat MMA like WWE (Bill Goldberg hyping him up is not helping).
cowcatcher
7/23/07 4:59:38AM

Posted by Lethal

I think Brock's biggest problem will be his mindset. Based on the way he talked after his fight and his overall attitude in inteviews etc. he may have a problem getting past the fact that he is not the biggest thing in MMA yet. Hopefully he matrures and doesn't treat MMA like WWE (Bill Goldberg hyping him up is not helping).

my take on his mindset is that he is basically going to fight for the highest bidder, and really just wants a paycheck. that is 100% fine by me, but a guy has to be a great competitor to put forth the effort to win with a money first attitude. whether or not brock has the competitive fire to go out and win to get paid remains to be seen because he has shown a pattern of quitting thing(WWE, NFL). on raw talent hes got a shot to go far, and to the guy that saw better wrestlers before, id like to hear the name of one HW(you have to take weight into account when it comes to wrestling skill with big guys) in mma right now thats a better wrestler.
Violentcuv
7/23/07 5:49:11PM

Posted by JeremiahD84

Ha, Wes sims.... yeah right. Only if Brock wants to have nothing but illegal moves done to him should he fight Wes Sims, all that guy does is punch in the groin or stomp people inthe head... what a loser.

BBBOOOOOO to you!!!

Wes Sims hasn't fought mainstream in awile and he is still the punching bag for most people.

Naw I don't care if you hate on Wes, I still am interested when he fights. Plus its fun to watch him walk around at all the local events here in town like he owns the place. I look forward to that.
JeremiahD84
7/23/07 10:51:13PM
lol, I was just picking on him. I actually don't know much about him other than his debut match inthe UFC where he was disqualified for performing a head stomp to his opponent. I don't know if he's good or not.
rcg916
7/24/07 4:18:26PM

Posted by Lethal

He's obviously still in Pro Wrestling mode, and he's basically trying to hype himself to get paid. Nothing wrong with that.

And by the way, EVERY fighter with charisma is going more the way of the Pro Wrestling type interviews. It's entertaining, and now that there's more money involved, dont be surprised to see the networks/organizations responding accordingly (i.e. bigger entrances, staging conflicts between future participants in a fight , see Tito/Rashad, etc.)...

Fine with me.
Pages: [1] 2