brock lesnar...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » brock lesnar...
Next Page »
flyingknee85
7/4/10 1:00:47PM
i have had a real dislike for this man since ufc 100, not cos im a mir nut hugger but cause he was so 1 dimentional and a total dick after the fight. However after getting beat within an inch of his life in that first round, to come back with a slick submission and totally new attitude post fight, i kinda like the new brock. He really has developed into the wrecking machine he claimed to be, and if he keeps his new humble attitude he can only gain fans each time he fights. UNDISPUTED champ...well deserved!
jiujitsufreak74
7/4/10 1:27:17PM
i 100% agree. it's almost like his illness gave him a brand new perspective on life. that, or maybe training with Randy taught him how to be more humble. great performance and great respect shown by Brock. he really has to work on his striking, but idk if there is a HW who can defend his TDs for 5 rounds
lohmann
7/4/10 1:37:22PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i 100% agree. it's almost like his illness gave him a brand new perspective on life. that, or maybe training with Randy taught him how to be more humble. great performance and great respect shown by Brock. he really has to work on his striking, but idk if there is a HW who can defend his TDs for 5 rounds

That's an understatement. Lesnar was straight-up running from Carwin's hands.

Velasquez is going to beat him up.
bojangalz
7/4/10 1:45:08PM

Posted by lohmann

Word.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 1:55:27PM
Cain will clearly have the better striking but the question is does he have anywhere near the power that Shane has...I would imagine getting hit by a 2x4 in the face would certainly make you want to back up...I think Cains striking might be more accurate but might not be as powerful to back Brock up...than it may come down to groundwork...i think its a compelling match...I was very impressed with Brock to take that kind of beating in the first round and then to come back with a, IMO, shocking submission...coupled with his post ifght remarks I have gained a bit more respect for the man...I am very intrigued to see how he stacks up against CAin, JDS, and hopefully a Shane rematch.
KronicBuboniK
7/4/10 2:01:15PM
Yep. Carwin was a real challenge for Lesnar, and Velasquez will be an even tougher challenge. Brock Lesnar definitely has work to do before he becomes the fighter he wants to be.
jae_1833
7/4/10 2:12:33PM
If Cain wins it will be because of his relentlessness! He just might be able to swarm the giant and just ride and beat on Brock, if he can shrimp out of Brock's side control he could be a real threat to Brock...but I woldn't bet on it.
sbulldavid
7/4/10 2:24:42PM
Cain appears to be a horrible match-up for Lesner , he's the one fighter that I think will be favored against Lesner , but the best of Lesner is yet to come.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 2:50:38PM
seriously??? Favored against brock...I think thats a little far fetched. I think he has a legitimate shot against him but I in no way see how the oddsmakers will favor anyone against Brock.
ChrisSabal
7/4/10 3:32:15PM
I liked Brock Lesnar when he first entered. The Heath Herring thing was kinda like oh well he did that for fun. Then when he acted like a prick after the Mir fight I really didn't like him. But when Carwin winked and then Lesnar smiled I knew that Brock was a different fighter/man.

I don't know what was telling me in that fight but I knew as soon as there was about a minute left in the first that Brock was going to win the fight if it went to the 2nd.

Oh and my brother surprisingly called a submission victory for Brock. He is 2 for 2 in picks so far. He picked Werdum to beat Fedor.
postman
7/4/10 7:24:57PM
Look guys Cain is a way better strkier the Brock hands down! Cain would have won NCAA wrestling titles had it not been for Cole Conrad. He wrestled in one of the best eras in NCAA HW history. Conrdad couldn't even take Cain Down he simply won on ride time. Brock won't be the better wrestler in this fight and I mean in the first Carwin a D2 wrestler stoped the take down with a wizzer. Cain has way better Cardio then any other HW in the division. As for Cains Power See the Big NOg fight.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 7:28:16PM
I don't know that Cain can do it...but I am sure looking forward to watching it.
postman
7/4/10 7:46:14PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I don't know that Cain can do it...but I am sure looking forward to watching it.

Did you watch the first round Brock has awful stand up he has no Defense on the feet Cain will touch him all night
sclasclemski
7/4/10 7:49:36PM
I have already mentioned that I know Cain's standup is way better but I dont think his power is even in the same stratosphere as Carwins...despite knocking out Nog...Frank knocked out Nog and has better striking than Brock but he couldn't KO Brock..I'm not counting Cain out but just think how much more improvement Brock will show in his next fight.
postman
7/4/10 7:53:36PM
Brock wont clinch with Cain Cain has amazing inside boxing He will smash brock with the inside uppercut.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 7:55:00PM
AV Bet??? I've never done one and this seems like a great opportunity
tdietel01
7/4/10 8:08:16PM
I am just shocked that Brock subbed someone! That means he is showing improvement and that is scary!
chickmagnet
7/4/10 8:11:23PM
Brock will beat Cain. In the heavyweight divsion...size absolutely matters, especially while going up against a 290+ lb. fighter with incredible athleticism.
postman
7/4/10 8:18:23PM

Posted by sclasclemski

AV Bet??? I've never done one and this seems like a great opportunity

Oh I'm so down as soon as they put it up
sclasclemski
7/4/10 8:19:12PM
sweet, I'm gonna need some help out there from someone after I win to make you a sweet Avatar....
gartface
7/4/10 8:19:23PM
Absolutely love the guy.
KronicBuboniK
7/5/10 12:50:28AM
People seem to think that Brock is unstoppable... Cain can definitely beat him, and I think he will. Brock doesn't have very good standup; His goal is to take you down and beat you up, and he is good at that. However, Cain has the advantage standing up, and he can wrestle with the best of them.
sclasclemski
7/5/10 8:50:48AM
I think Saturday night proved that Brock is anything but unstoppable..if Shane had been a little more calculated with his ground and pound that fight would have gone the other way. However I think that Brock improve's so much in between his fights and (assuming he's not too arrogant) he will do alot to tighten up his striking before his next fight.
Violence108
7/5/10 8:55:07AM
Brock really impressed me i thought he was done before fight and after the 1st round i knew he was done, then he comes back and subs the guy, Brock dersevers to be the Champion thats for shure
MisterFreeze
7/5/10 11:27:18AM

Posted by lohmann

Valesquez doesn't even come close to the power Shane Carwin has. Cain may have excellent technique, but if they have no sting to them it won't matter. Like throwing rocks at a tank.....
MisterFreeze
7/5/10 11:30:45AM

Posted by KronicBuboniK

People seem to think that Brock is unstoppable... Cain can definitely beat him, and I think he will. Brock doesn't have very good standup; His goal is to take you down and beat you up, and he is good at that. However, Cain has the advantage standing up, and he can wrestle with the best of them.

Carwin is a better wrestler than Velasquez; he's bigger and stronger too and Brock took him down at will and even full mounted him. Brock will throw Velasquez around like a rag doll.
Cdellorso
7/5/10 8:45:42PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I have already mentioned that I know Cain's standup is way better but I dont think his power is even in the same stratosphere as Carwins...despite knocking out Nog...Frank knocked out Nog and has better striking than Brock but he couldn't KO Brock..I'm not counting Cain out but just think how much more improvement Brock will show in his next fight.

look up Mir VS Nelson yes big roy is a better wreslter than frank Mir Thats his weakness...Brock won a wrestling title however he was not as good as he gives himself credit for.
He is one hell of an athelete but is outwrestled even by smaller guys like Kurt angle Randy couture (obviously) probably Cain and we only saw him stuff the one attempt very easily, but Carwin won the wrestling.( id love to see some wrestling matches with Brock VS fill in the above )

and JD aka mr freeze... at will may be an overstatement...
MisterFreeze
7/5/10 11:08:02PM

Posted by Cdellorso

Posted by sclasclemski

look up Mir VS Nelson yes big roy is a better wreslter than frank Mir Thats his weakness...Brock won a wrestling title however he was not as good as he gives himself credit for.
He is one hell of an athelete but is outwrestled even by smaller guys like Kurt angle Randy couture (obviously) probably Cain and we only saw him stuff the one attempt very easily, but Carwin won the wrestling.( id love to see some wrestling matches with Brock VS fill in the above )

and JD aka mr freeze... at will may be an overstatement...

Yeah I watched the fight again this morning, you're right it is an overstatement. Brock only took him down once or twice and one of them Carwin got back up from.
KronicBuboniK
7/6/10 12:57:07AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by KronicBuboniK

Carwin is a better wrestler than Velasquez; he's bigger and stronger too and Brock took him down at will and even full mounted him. Brock will throw Velasquez around like a rag doll.

Cain is also a lot faster than Carwin, and won't gas nearly as quick.
tec52
7/6/10 11:03:09PM

Posted by lohmann

Lesnar will defeat Cain relatively easy. Cain doesn't have the power of Carwin and Lesnar will overpower him and finish him off. Cain's been taken down before, when Lesnar does it he's done.
Pages: [1] 2