Brock Lesnar on UFC 100: "Is Frank really hurt, or is he just scared?"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock Lesnar on UFC 100: "Is Frank really hurt, or is he just scared?"
SmileR
4/4/09 9:22:29PM
A knee surgery Mir deemed necessary forced the rescheduling of the bout, but in the most recent episode of HDNet's "Inside MMA," Lesnar said he's not sure the move was made for the right reasons.

"I'm a little disappointed that it got pushed back," Lesnar said. "In my mind, is Frank really hurt, or is he just scared?"

Mir submitted Lesnar with a knee bar at UFC 81 in February 2008. Lesnar's first trip to the octagon - and his just his second career fight - Mir found himself in trouble early in the contest, but took advantage of a restart by referee Steve Mazagatti to lock in the fight-ending maneuver.

Lesnar said he's learned his lesson regarding the over-aggressive approach that cost him the bout.

"The biggest thing was that you've got 15 minutes," Lesnar said. "As soon as I entered the octagon, there were a few other key factors that played into why I rushed the fight. But those would be just plain old excuses.

Link
HumanTarget
4/4/09 10:03:17PM
Scared? You should be scared Brock Lesnar. Imagine if Frank had pulled your knee back as hard as he could. You would be the one who is getting the surgery right now. You are lucky that it is just a sport, and not a real fight. Mir is still a very large threat to you, with his ever increasing skills and dangerous ground game, you shouldn't be underestimating him considering he BEAT you.
SpiderSilva
4/4/09 10:13:31PM
Really?
I think he could have beat Mir if the ref didn't stop the fight.......But he did catch Lesnar ehhh if Lesnar wins it will just set up the biggest show in UFC history for a rubber match in Dec.
soundboy1
4/4/09 10:23:39PM
I was disappointed too but only because I want Mir at full strength. This time I want him to choke him out.
Khaos
4/4/09 10:27:23PM
The result will be the same if it happened at UFC 100 as to if it had happened at UFC 98, Mir would have(will) subbed(submit) Lesnar yet again.
Twenty20Dollars
4/4/09 10:40:39PM
Well I guess its not too bad, since now this fight is @ufc 100.

Cant wait for the trash talking between these two!
RNC
4/4/09 11:59:17PM
If Mir did fake the injury, IF, it is not because he is scared, it would be a business decision. If Mir gets a % of ppv sales, UFC 100 is the way to go. Brock's **** talking as just hype for the fight. He most definitely gets a cut himself, so deep inside I'm sure Brock's nothing but estatic.
DevonFoxy
4/5/09 12:27:56AM
Its kinda funny cuz normally I don't really like guys calling people out and saying there scared but honestly....I don't think Mir wants to get back in the cage with Lesnar.....Lesnar is alot better then when he fought Mir and he pretty much dominated him until he left that leg in there.......Its all about size and I think Mir is going to hit the mat hard in this one. Could be wrong and I'll be the first so admit it but I know in wrestling when I caught a guy in a pin after getten whooped on for the first two periods I didnt want to see that guy in the finals lol. Could be just me.
LakieMan
4/5/09 10:55:54AM
I'm not saying that Mir is scared, but honestly, I think Lesnar will beat Mir at 100. He did catch Lesnar, but Brock knows better this time around!!!
wapttn
4/5/09 11:57:36AM

Posted by HumanTarget

Scared? You should be scared Brock Lesnar. Imagine if Frank had pulled your knee back as hard as he could. You would be the one who is getting the surgery right now. You are lucky that it is just a sport, and not a real fight. Mir is still a very large threat to you, with his ever increasing skills and dangerous ground game, you shouldn't be underestimating him considering he BEAT you.

lol ur hilarious doode... "you are lucky that it is just a sport, and not a real fight"? really? because If you rewatch the fight, Mir was in the process of losing consciousness when he turned his head making Lesnar land a single shot to the back of his head, and the ref stopped the fight letting Mir recover. Had this been a real fight, Mir would've never had the opportunity to secure the knee bar.

With that said, I came across an article

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/04/04/frank-mir-in-hindsight-i-could-have-fought-brock-lesnar-at-ufc/

which says that Mir could've been good to go for ufc 98, that he's actually on schedule to peak in late May. He also goes on to say that Lesnar doesn't hit hard, that his gnp was "Kind of like having your baby sister on your back and all over you, and you're just saying, 'Get off me.'"
team_demon_fighter
4/5/09 4:52:11PM
this is funny.. am i the only one that seen what truely happened here? the ufc used mir's previous injury to pull out of the fight early, and move it to the "BIG" UFC100 instead, making people want to see it more and let more people hear about it.. Now they will start the trash talk to make people get really hyped up. ufc is smart and really business oriented. an this is a great ploy to get ufc100 possibly the biggest ever. congrats ufc on being smart and making us wait..
team_demon_fighter
4/5/09 4:55:24PM
p.s. when u r a true fighter in mma and especially at such a high level in the ufc, i doubt u fear entering the cage against another man. especially one that you have already beat... this will be a great fight, brock will win the entire fight no matter what, as long as he dont get caught in another submission. mir is a dangerous fighter for anyone bcuz of his ground game, as well as brock is dangerous for any one also, bcuz.. well... look at the guy, he is a freak! lol.
Hendo67
4/6/09 11:50:47AM
I honestly think Lesnar is going to work Mir...
emfleek
4/6/09 11:56:54AM

Posted by Hendo67

I honestly think Lesnar is going to work Mir...

Same here. Mir will only sub Lesnar if the fight goes to the ground. Do you think he can actually take Lesnar down? Long answer = no. Short answer = hell no.

So...it'll be a standup contest. I give Mir the decisive edge in striking. Actually, there's no comparison. However, Lesnar is bound to land one of those cinder blocks that he calls fists and when he does, it's lights out.

Lesnar wins via KO. What round? I say early in R2.