Brock Lesnar: I'm tired of hearing about Fedor Emelianenko

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock Lesnar: I'm tired of hearing about Fedor Emelianenko
Next Page »
SmileR
9/3/08 1:37:58PM
For UFC newcomer Brock Lesnar (2-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC), the frustration was evident.

UFC President Dana White yesterday announced Lesnar would face a returning Randy Couture at UFC 91 for Couture's heavyweight title. And despite being part of what White referred to as "the biggest fight in UFC history," Lesnar was largely ignored for most of the hour-long media conference call.

The majority of questions focused on Couture's return and how it would impact a possible bout between Couture and current WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko. Lesnar quickly grew tired of the hypothetical discussion.

"I'm hearing all this talk about Fedor Emelianenko," Lesnar said. "Who gives a [expletive] about Fedor? I don't care. I'm fighting Randy Couture. That's what this press conference is about."

Lesnar said he was not alone in his disdain for the discussions of Emelianenko.

"I don't give a damn about Fedor," Lesnar said. "I'm tired of hearing about [expletive] Fedor. Randy Couture is fighting Brock Lesnar Nov. 15. His No. 1 concern should be Brock Lesnar. And Dana White could care less about Fedor.

Link
Wolfenstein
9/3/08 1:46:44PM
Everyone wants to see Couture vs Fedor that's why people are talking about it Brock. It's the fight most MMA fans would rather see instead of the inexperienced freak show.
nickcuc547
9/3/08 1:47:43PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Everyone wants to see Couture vs Fedor that's why people are talking about it Brock. It's the fight most MMA fans would rather see instead of the inexperienced freak show.

an inexperienced freak show who is going to be the next ufc heavyweight champion of the world.
scpd400
9/3/08 1:48:34PM
I don't know why for the life of me is Brock Lesner getting a title shot. He does not deserve this fight. WHY Dana. Make Lesner fight a few more fights with top fighters first. He is a few years from a title fight. And he's and ass on top of all that. I think he is still putting on a show for his wrestling fans.
emfleek
9/3/08 1:52:46PM

Posted by scpd400

I don't know why for the life of me is Brock Lesner getting a title shot. He does not deserve this fight. WHY Dana. Make Lesner fight a few more fights with top fighters first. He is a few years from a title fight. And he's and ass on top of all that. I think he is still putting on a show for his wrestling fans.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure Dana knows what he's doing. He doesn't get his advice or form his opinions based on what he reads on a friggin' MMA messageboard.

Don't like it? Don't support it. Bottom line.
buryyourdead
9/3/08 1:54:06PM
Show some respect. Yes, he is inexperienced. But the facts are Randy has had a big time problem with wrestlers of the same caliber as him who ar emuch bigger then him. I think Randys experience in a fight will win him this fight but it just as easily be a dominant Brock Lesnar show.

Oh and as for the question of why Lesnar gets a title shot. Simple answer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Putting on a show for the wrestling fans is exactly what Dana wants. He wants to take the wrestling fans and convert them to UFC. LOT of money is to be made if that happens.

SO for all you haters out there. Just stop it you sound foolish. Sit back and enjoy the show!
finnish_line
9/3/08 1:58:27PM

To be undisputed UFC champ Brock has to beat Randy Couture and (most likely) Nogueira.

He'd be 4-1 then in his career. This isn't such a travesty.

Plus he draws big money. If you have the chance to break the Ortiz/Liddell record, you go for it.
imanidiot777
9/3/08 2:18:18PM

Posted by scpd400

Ok well who else could they put against Randy? Nog and Mir are tied up with TUF, Kongo just beat a nobody and lost before that, Herring just lost to Brock, Gonzaga already fought couture and lost his next fight after that as well, Werdum just had a questionable win, AND Brock will make them the most money and he just beat Herring. There is no other choice although I hate seeing him get the shot.
RMFG_187
9/3/08 2:50:39PM
i dont get why this fight is happening. any who Brock is right, Randy should only focus on him, Brock has dom'd his last fight against a MMA vet, and looks like hes on a roll.

my guess is Randy round 4 TKO
wrona666
9/3/08 2:53:27PM

Posted by scpd400

It really has nothing to do with the fact of whether he deserves it or not its the fact of who the hell else is Randy going to fight........With Nog out for TUF i think Lesnar is the only option and the only logical choice at this point.....I dont know why people keep posting the same thing over and over......To me it is obvious whether he deserves it or not it does not matter.....
jiujitsufreak74
9/3/08 2:58:49PM

Posted by scpd400

who would you suggest fight for the title instead? check out my argument for why i think Brock is the only guy for the job here
chubbud22
9/3/08 3:05:47PM

Posted by buryyourdead

Show some respect. Yes, he is inexperienced. But the facts are Randy has had a big time problem with wrestlers of the same caliber as him who ar emuch bigger then him. I think Randys experience in a fight will win him this fight but it just as easily be a dominant Brock Lesnar show.

Oh and as for the question of why Lesnar gets a title shot. Simple answer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Putting on a show for the wrestling fans is exactly what Dana wants. He wants to take the wrestling fans and convert them to UFC. LOT of money is to be made if that happens.

SO for all you haters out there. Just stop it you sound foolish. Sit back and enjoy the show!

It is not foolish to think Brock Lesner does not deserve a title shot when he has already been beat by Mir and only had like 3 total MMA fights that is not hating its common sense. We all know its all about the money, but that does not mean Lesner deserves this shot
cmill21
9/3/08 3:17:33PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by scpd400

who would you suggest fight for the title instead? check out my argument for why i think Brock is the only guy for the job here

Well if it's most qualified based on past few fights then Werdum is the only man for the job, he stopped two "top 10's" his last two fights in a row. Sure Vera's was "questionable" but when your getting punched in the face and not blocking any of them or fighting back of course it will be stopped. Werdum is the most deserving out of the availible conteders, and IMO he's the 2nd or 3rd best HW fighter in the UFC.
hodge
9/3/08 3:18:00PM
He might not care about Fedor but im guessing every true mma fan out there does
ncordless
9/3/08 3:18:23PM
Beyond whether or not Brock deserves the title shot, he's got no business talking smack about Fedor. While Fedor has fought a few freakshows in his life, Brock still is a freakshow and would be so overmatched by Fedor.

on 2-1 mma fighters talking smack on the greatest fighter of all time.
emfleek
9/3/08 3:20:18PM

Posted by cmill21

Well if it's most qualified based on past few fights then Werdum is the only man for the job, he stopped two "top 10's" his last two fights in a row. Sure Vera's was "questionable" but when your getting punched in the face and not blocking any of them or fighting back of course it will be stopped. Werdum is the most deserving out of the availible conteders, and IMO he's the 2nd or 3rd best HW fighter in the UFC.

No decision Dana makes is going to be based solely on "most qualified". It's going to be a business move first and foremost. I'm sure you know that...just making sure others do as well.

Couture -vs- Lesnar > Couture -vs- Werdum from a business standpoint.

It's all about the Benjamins, baby.
whardin19
9/3/08 3:21:11PM
I'm tired of all the Brock Lesnar hating. The man is a gifted athlete and is a good MMA fighter. Just because he's had only three professional MMA fights doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a title shot.

I know everyone thinks it should be Couture vs. Nog. But they can't do that right now. They have Nog wrapped up in TUF with Mir. So, Dana went with the next possible scenario. Brock vs. Randy. They winner of that fight gets the winner of Nog vs. Mir to be the undisputed UFC heavyweight champion.

How could anyone argue about getting three great heavyweight fights out of that?
gabe531
9/3/08 3:24:15PM
back to the actual topic about brock being tired of hearing about fedor since thats what this post is supposed to be about

i dont blame brock a bit. i listened to it and the first segment on yahoo was like 2mins of brock talking and 10-15 mins of fedor talk. the conference call was about randy and brock. everyone kept asking about fedor. i dont think brock was disrespecting fedor, there really isnt any point of talking about a guy who is under contract with another org. i agree with what he said and have no problem with it
finnish_line
9/3/08 3:28:41PM

Posted by gabe531

back to the actual topic about brock being tired of hearing about fedor since thats what this post is supposed to be about

i dont blame brock a bit. i listened to it and the first segment on yahoo was like 2mins of brock talking and 10-15 mins of fedor talk. the conference call was about randy and brock. everyone kept asking about fedor. i dont think brock was disrespecting fedor, there really isnt any point of talking about a guy who is under contract with another org. i agree with what he said and have no problem with it

Yup.

The conference call kept getting more and more ridiculous.
Ordep
9/3/08 3:35:57PM
Brock "Who Cares" Lesnar

first with Mir breaking Tim's arm and now Fedor
he just gave himself a nickname
MaxOne
9/3/08 3:41:51PM
it all makes sense to me. I don't see what's so confusing. i hope randy can pull this off....brock is a scary monster beast. The winner of this fight has to face the winner of nog/mir.
ncordless
9/3/08 3:42:29PM

Posted by Ordep

Brock "Who Cares" Lesnar

first with Mir breaking Tim's arm and now Fedor
he just gave himself a nickname

You the man, Ordep. Who Cares vs. Capt. America!
jiujitsufreak74
9/3/08 5:32:49PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by scpd400

can you honestly say you think Werdum has a better chance to beat Randy than Lesnar does? because i cannot.
jocka
9/3/08 6:09:05PM
I dont think its disrespectful for Brock to be annoyed by everyone talking about Fedor vs Randy. But he should also remember that he is getting the chance of a lifetime by having a title shot after only 2 fights in the UFC and should focus on the fight.
chubbud22
9/3/08 7:24:26PM

Posted by ncordless

Beyond whether or not Brock deserves the title shot, he's got no business talking smack about Fedor. While Fedor has fought a few freakshows in his life, Brock still is a freakshow and would be so overmatched by Fedor.

on 2-1 mma fighters talking smack on the greatest fighter of all time.

gravy13
9/3/08 7:29:38PM

Posted by finnish_line

Posted by gabe531

Yup.

The conference call kept getting more and more ridiculous.

The most annoying thing for me was when the guy kept pronouncing Fedor's name "Fee-Door".

I don't know why, but for some reason that annoyed the everliving shit out of me.
cmill21
9/3/08 7:46:26PM

can you honestly say you think Werdum has a better chance to beat Randy than Lesnar does? because i cannot.

Nope but I can say I think Werdum would beat Lesnar fairly easily. I think Brock will have trouble with top strikers and top JJ guys, I honestly don't think Randy poses a huge threat to him. Randy's a grinder and it's hard to grind out a guy like Lesnar.
fullerene
10/13/08 3:00:06PM
This interview shows that Brock's time in the WWE wasn't a complete waste.
bigbubbano23
10/13/08 3:24:12PM
me too
WrestlersAssassin
10/13/08 3:41:13PM
I'm sorry Brock but if Randleman's slam didnt kill Fedor than what can you do to him?
Pages: [1] 2