who should brock fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who should brock fight next?
Next Page »
POLL: next for brock?
Kongo 55% (47)
Sanchez 6% (5)
Coleman 6% (5)
Gonzaga 27% (23)
Hardonk 2% (2)
McCully 4% (3)
nellyhiphophead
8/12/08 4:19:39PM
who do you guys think ufc should put up next to the shark killer? if there is anyone eles you would like to see him fight post it? i was also thinking O'brian also.
Davebled
8/12/08 4:25:03PM
I think the next logical fight for Brock is to fight Kongo
Mchubb316
8/12/08 4:25:37PM
I think they will give him Kongo. I would like to see him fight Gonzaga, it would be a good indication to tell if he has been working on his sub defense. I think he would beat both of these guys.
juanez13
8/12/08 4:29:59PM
Sanchez Or McCully , give him someone to him that he can build on and get some more experience so he gets comfortable in there. Also gives him a chance to do things he is jut learning (Striking, subs ) becuase against higher level Opponents he cant test those waters or else he'd risk loosing the fight big time.

But I feel the UFC will give him Kongo, a guy who amongst the contenders (low level contender), but Its a guy that plays fight into his game (bad ground game)....Should be a win for him if he were to fight Kongo, but again he wouldnt be able to test his skills as far as striking goes, which would show he how far he has come and what specific areas he needs to work on. With an opponent like this (dangerous standing) he'd have to use what he is already good at, therefore probably not gaining as much experience.
Mchubb316
8/12/08 4:35:01PM

Posted by juanez13

Sanchez Or McCully , give him someone to him that he can build on and get some more experience so he gets comfortable in there. Also gives him a chance to do things he is jut learning (Striking, subs ) becuase against higher level Opponents he cant test those waters or else he'd risk loosing the fight big time.

But I feel the UFC will give him Kongo, a guy who amongst the contenders (low level contender), but Its a guy that plays fight into his game (bad ground game)....Should be a win for him if he were to fight Kongo, but again he wouldnt be able to test his skills as far as striking goes, which would show he how far he has come and what specific areas he needs to work on. With an opponent like this (dangerous standing) he'd have to use what he is already good at, therefore probably not gaining as much experience.

I see what your saying, but I don't think Brock will test any of those skills with anyone. If he can, he will rush in and take his opponent down, control them, and use GnP to get a win. I don't think there is really anyone who can stop his takedown in the HW division. I think if he fought Nog, he would let Brock take him down, and submit him from his back.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/08 4:40:00PM
McCully plain and simple.
postman
8/12/08 4:45:30PM
How many times do we have to be asked the same question?
DangerousDjohn
8/12/08 4:48:26PM
I'd rather him fight Cain Velasquez so he can get his takedowns stuffed, reversed, and feel the pain! However I think Cain is fighting Hardonk sometime soon.
gsquat
8/12/08 4:48:38PM
Its clear he would demolish anyone on that list, but my vote was for Kongo. That fight hypes itself.
nickcuc547
8/12/08 4:59:54PM
kongo makes the most sense, they can't give brock a can after beating on herring. gabriel gonzaga is another interesting scenario.
balack_o-bama
8/12/08 5:42:39PM

Posted by DangerousDjohn

I'd rather him fight Cain Velasquez so he can get his takedowns stuffed, reversed, and feel the pain! However I think Cain is fighting Hardonk sometime soon.

I dont think anyone is stuffing Brocks takedowns or reversing him. However i would like to see him fight gonzaga!
pv3Hpv3p
8/12/08 5:55:56PM
I went with Coleman... the matchup seems to make the most sense to me... And could solidify Brock in a lot of fans' eyes because I'm sure they could hype the Coleman HOF thing...

Either that or McCully... Someone that's got a good ground game, but is still beatable... Not that I think they're protecting Brock, but just that he's still green and should be taken along slowly...

Just to add, I'd like to see Kongo fight Eddie Sanchez... I think Sanchez would knock him out
Violence108
8/12/08 5:59:28PM
well he just beat HH so give him Kongo, he should destroy him, Kongo have little ground game , and Brock would be to strong and to powerful for him
wiggum
8/12/08 6:17:50PM
it just all depends on whose career the ufc wants to push...if you want to push brock up against guys that well only bolster his highlight reel, then give him mccully or sanchez. or hardonk....if you want to give him a guy that could push him up the ranks and closer to a title shot give him kongo or even coleman, keep in mind kongo has better wrestling than heath herring, but unless he connects with a big shot, then brock beats both these guys...coleman could almost go in the same company as the highlight reel guys....then lastly if you want him to be exposed as a young pup in the game, and get the hype train knocked down a bit, then give him gonzaga....gonzaga is big and strong enough to be able to do what he needs to do on the ground (by know means am i saying hes stronger tho) to put brock in sticky situations, i think his ground game is even better than mirs...and his striking is good, even great for a heavy and more technical and pinpoint but just as powerful as herrings, so he could drop him too....on a side note, i would love to see the cain fight, but cain i think would expose lesnar, those asu wreslters are on a whole nother level when adapting to mma and lesnar wont be able to match
MikeyG
8/12/08 6:19:14PM
Hulk Hogan, then The Undertaker, then Kane, then he gets a shot at the vacant hardcore belt versus Stone Cold.
billycarnage
8/12/08 6:31:48PM
GG is the toughest opponent for him and I would want to see how he defends the sub attempts. Brock is rediculous. I recant. I don't like him but who can stop him? Certainly not Kongo. We will see...
bls1919
8/12/08 8:16:36PM
I want it to be against fellow wrestler, in Cain Velesquez. Cain is a good wrestler and has a great stand up game. I would love to see him lay some leather on Brocks face. Just to see how Lesnar reacts , he really hasnt been hit much in his UFC career.
Aether
8/12/08 8:48:48PM
I don't understand why people want to see him fight kongo. I'm pretty sure everyone knows exactly how that match will go. What's the point? Give him someone who has a chance against him and who can give him some kind of trouble so that he's able to learn. Lesnar vs Kongo is a pointless fight IMO.

Generally when you win you step UP in competition, not DOWN.
asterisk
8/12/08 8:59:07PM
They need someone to test his chin... We already know his ground game leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if CC got his shit together, he could come back and fight him. If Vera hadn't dropped down, that would've been a nice match up, too.
Aether
8/12/08 10:11:10PM
problem is they aren't going to be able to test his chin unless they put him up against a striker with good takedown defense or POSSIBLY a strong JJ fighter who would encourage brock to stand for fear of being submitted. Kongo isn't going to be able to test his chin because he'll never get off of the mat. I think GG has a better skillset to test him in all areas, ground and standing.
browneye
8/13/08 1:49:28AM
kongo is who he should get next
Gipper
8/13/08 12:53:10PM
cain or gg would take him out. lesner beats the rest on the list the same way he beat herring.
casey64
8/13/08 1:40:02PM
I would love to see him fight Kongo.
hathcock32
8/13/08 5:02:35PM

Posted by asterisk

They need someone to test his chin... We already know his ground game leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if CC got his shit together, he could come back and fight him. If Vera hadn't dropped down, that would've been a nice match up, too.

Vera would get handled by him just for the fact he probably outweighs him by 50 lbs.
J_wieting_9
8/14/08 12:23:57PM
Coleman let build up a few wins before putting in deep end of the pool again
KYGUY07
8/14/08 1:58:41PM
I think his next fight should be against Kongo, but they will proboably put him against Coleman just so he can smash Coleman and then they'll talk about how coleman is such a legend in the sport and how this is a huge win for brock, when everyone knows how far coleman is past his prime, but the ufc will do anything to make brock look like the best thing out there.
TH3_SaAa
8/14/08 2:22:29PM
I think Kongo or Gonzaga would be good matchups for him especially because they both came off of a recent win.(Gonzaga def. McCully UFC 86)
(Kongo def. Dan Everson UFC 87)
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/15/08 7:04:06PM
UFC wants to build Lesnar up. Kongo is a very credible opponent in the eyes of the UFC. Kongo is also being kind of stupid lately with his post fight shenanigans. Lesnar will destroy Kongo. Builds up Lesnar and Brings kongo back to Earth...its a double win situation.

Perfect fight. Perfect.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/15/08 7:07:16PM
This is how I would handle brocks next 4 fights remaining on his contract.

vs. Kongo (Instant credibility)
vs. Coleman (super match, lots of PPV buys)
vs. Shancez (at a fight night to showcase Lesnar for free w/o hurting anybody)
vs. Verdum/Mir (for number one contenders spot)

Sign new contract (Title Shot @ Nog)
JohnnyNapalm
8/16/08 4:47:53AM
I chose Hardonk.

Why?

Why the hell not?
Pages: [1] 2