Possible Brock vs Cain rematch - who takes it?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Possible Brock vs Cain rematch - who takes it?
POLL: Who wins a potential Brock vs Cain rematch?
Brock 23% (8)
Cain 77% (27)
DoTheMMAth
11/14/11 12:44:11PM
With the winner of Overeem vs Lesnar facing Jds, and Overeem being the heavy favorite (exactly 2 to 1 at the moment here on the PG), I would imagine that with a Lesnar loss, DFW might grant Brock's rematch request from last weekends Fox show.

In the event this plays out, who do you think takes it this time around?

After seeing Kongo drop Cain, and now Jds dropping and finishing Cain it would seem like Brock would be one big shot or just a little GnP away from finishing Cain at any moment of a rematch.

That being said, Brock landing a big shot on the feet is a slim chance once again considering Cain strikes far better and Brock hasn't show himself to have broken his turtle-after-getting-hit reflex.

Brock GnP-ing Cain requires him to take down another highly skiller wrestler, which is a toss-up in my mind.

Just curious who the pick would be if/when they meet again cuz I'm torn down the middle on it.
Budgellism
11/14/11 12:53:25PM
I think we'd see the exact same fight.
emfleek
11/14/11 12:55:51PM

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

And honestly, as long as he stays healty, I think I'd pick Cain in a rematch against Junior 2 or 3 fights down the road.
kopower
11/14/11 1:04:28PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

And honestly, as long as he stays healty, I think I'd pick Cain in a rematch against Junior 2 or 3 fights down the road.

Same here.
DeadHead988
11/14/11 1:36:23PM
Brock is the new Tim Sylvia. How he was ever a champion is beyond me.
tn_rebel
11/14/11 1:42:52PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

For real?
emfleek
11/14/11 1:44:06PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

For real?

If you seriously think that it's not possible, you need help.
bojangalz
11/14/11 2:06:54PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

Same here.

+2
postman
11/14/11 2:13:57PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by kopower

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

Same here.

+2

I cosign this thought as well.
prophecy033
11/14/11 3:15:34PM

Posted by postman

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by kopower

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

Same here.

+2

Add my name to the list as well
State_Champ
11/14/11 3:26:56PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by kopower

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

Same here.

+2

Add my name to the list as well

Put me on this team.
kingsmasher
11/14/11 3:46:12PM

Posted by postman

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by kopower

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

Same here.

+2

I agree in all reality I thought cain was in control for the one minute and was about to have JDS on his ass...Anyone can get caught behind the ear...Anyone see Matt Serra and GSP...All you have to do to beat Jr is the same gameplan all fighter beat Fedor....Watch out for the right hand....I will say this...If Cain was in Greg Jackson camp...Whole different story...

I am glad that Dana did say something about Cain because Idk Cain but he seems like a guy of few words..>Which makes him more difficult to train...He needs to be asked questions on different scenarios and how to handle himself...A guy that talks more is way more approachable to tell what to do...Cain just strikes me as someone who people don't want to tell what to do...And for all we know he might have never been told on what he should do...He might always just fight like he wants..

Standing with a guy with better hands..>Well you must be retarded...
Budgellism
11/14/11 3:52:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

For real?

It's a common thing with this guy. Of course that's a possibility. In fact, I would say it's more than a possibility, it's likely.
Krazypoison
11/14/11 4:37:39PM

Posted by Budgellism

This.
ghandikush
11/14/11 10:21:11PM

Posted by DeadHead988

I'll tell you how, he was better than Randy Couture, Mir, and Carwin, who were the best heavyweights in the world.

It was concievable that brock wouldve torn apart Cain, Fedor etc

He is still a top 10 HW.
tn_rebel
11/15/11 2:39:04AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed.

For real?

It's a common thing with this guy. Of course that's a possibility. In fact, I would say it's more than a possibility, it's likely.

Anything is possible, but he got KO'd in 1 minute and this many people would take him in a rematch? What did you guys see to make you think the next one would end any differently? Cain has trouble with guys that can outstrike him.
Pookie
11/15/11 2:54:33AM

Posted by ghandikush

Concievable, but not believable
NaturalBornKiller92
11/15/11 11:18:28AM
I'll tell you how, he was better than Randy Couture, Mir, and Carwin, who were the best heavyweights in the world.

He is still a top 10 HW.

Not arguing that he is a top 10 HW but Couture would have won that fight if he wasn't so much smaller than Lesnar. Couture was winning the fight and got caught by a much bigger fighter. As for Lesnar being a top 10 HW, I think this is true only because I believe the HW division is not very good and does not have much depth.
warglory
11/15/11 12:50:24PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Uhh, because he wasted Frank Mir, Randy Couture and Shane Carwin? Ring a bell?

And if you want to see Sylvia's former potency, watch his fight against Ricco Rodriguez.
tn_rebel
11/15/11 3:41:39PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Brock has had a better start to an mma career than anyone i can remember. Only 7 fights into his career and he has already beat some of the best HWs that have ever set foot in the octagon. Who else has done what he has done in there 1st 7 fights? If he hadn't waited till he was 30 years old to get started in mma, we might be talkin about him as the greatest heavyweight of all time.
DeadHead988
11/15/11 9:39:55PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by DeadHead988

Brock has had a better start to an mma career than anyone i can remember. Only 7 fights into his career and he has already beat some of the best HWs that have ever set foot in the octagon. Who else has done what he has done in there 1st 7 fights? If he hadn't waited till he was 30 years old to get started in mma, we might be talkin about him as the greatest heavyweight of all time.

One word: spoonfed
Aether
11/18/11 5:30:20AM
Dos Santos and Velasquez are ahead of the rest of the division IMO. The only people I see beating either one is the other.

I'm not going to jump on the "hate Lesnar" bandwagon, because he is legitimately talented, but I would be pretty shocked if he beat Velasquez. His main weapon is his wrestling, and Cain has better MMA wrestling IMO as well as way better striking, more power, and is better in pretty much every facet.
prozacnation1978
11/18/11 9:17:13AM
i went with brock first fight i would go with cain in rematch