Brock: I've had the same PED accusations as Overeem my whole life

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brock: I've had the same PED accusations as Overeem my whole life
emfleek
12/20/11 9:13:58AM
As a massive heavyweight who cuts weight to make the 265-pound heavyweight limit, Brock Lesnar is no stranger to questions regarding performance-enhancing substance use.

But as he prepares for his UFC 141 contest with former Strikeforce titleholder Alistair Overeem, all the question marks have been centered around his chiseled Dutch opponent.

"I've been dealing with the same accusations my whole life," Lesnar said. "Being part of the spotlight and being I guess with the Internet and everything these days – and being social media and everybody knows everything – it's part of the lifestyle. It comes with the territory. I've been used to it for many years now."

"Obviously, it's kind of hard to get away, but I've pretty much centralized myself with pretty much just my family on my ranch, and so I really don't know what's going on in the outside scheme of things. Right now, I'm focused on the fight and my family and the holidays and trying to live a somewhat normal life, you know, other than being a UFC fighter. You've got to be able to manage everything and stay on top of what's most important, and that's the fight and my family and the holiday right now.

LINK
viceroid
12/20/11 5:43:51PM
pardon my ignorance, what is a PED accusation?
cowcatcher
12/20/11 5:45:31PM

Posted by viceroid

pardon my ignorance, what is a PED accusation?

He's been accused of roiding. PED=performance enhancing drug
Twenty20Dollars
12/20/11 7:16:23PM
It's because you're both black.
bjj1605
12/21/11 3:46:31PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It's because you're both black.

Speaking of.... there should be a "scratches head" emoticon. I guess this guy works though.

KungFuMaster
12/21/11 4:33:46PM
From what I heard, the majority of the entertainers in the WWE was taking PEDs at one point except for a few like Shawn Michaels. So yeah, why wouldn't people suspect you, Brock?