The British Are Going Back To The Future...Sort Of

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The British Are Going Back To The Future...Sort Of
DCRage
11/18/08 8:51:37AM
Too bad this is only in England..."A yet-untitled three-part television series will be screened on BBC Four and will see one family experience life without current technological advancements. Starting in the 1970s, the chosen family will have to endure life without the internet, MP3s and laptops – instead they must live their days making do with vinyl, slide projectors and deep freezes. The second episode will see the family transported to the '80s, where Casio is all-powerful and, unlike today, the Sony Walkman was at the cutting-edge of technology. The series ends in the '90s, where 56k dial-up brought the internet into households and the SEGA MegaDrive and Nintendo 64 were ignoring Queensbury Rules in the console wars." Sounds cool.

Live in/near London and interested? Links to the article are available at, of course, WebbAlert.com. The story is covered in more enjoyable (and entertaining) detail by the always-entertaining Morgan Webb on today's episode of WebbAlert. (She also covers that Tivo-pizza thing I posted yesterday)
AchillesHeel
11/18/08 9:08:20AM
The BBC does this sort of show from time to time, and they're always a hoot. I've seen their Bronze Age show and their 1940s show (if I remember the names of the shows, I'll post them).
MMAcca
11/18/08 10:00:00AM
I might apply, just for the chance to play Alex the Kid on Sega Master System again
grappler0000
11/18/08 10:50:30AM

Posted by MMAcca

I might apply, just for the chance to play Alex the Kid on Sega Master System again

Am I the only one that still has a Master System?