Top British Fighter Jim Wallhead Signed for Bellator's Season 2 WW Tourney

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Top British Fighter Jim Wallhead Signed for Bellator's Season 2 WW Tourney
karn501
12/21/09 1:20:18PM
link
After signing notables Dan Hornbuckle (19-2), Jacob McClintock (6-0) and Ben Askren (3-0) for its upcoming eight-man welterweight tournament, Bellator Fighting Championships has added another star competitor to the field: top British 170-pounder Jim Wallhead (18-5).

Bellator officials today informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that "Judo Jim" has signed a multi-fight deal with the organization to compete in the tournament.
jae_1833
12/21/09 1:53:54PM
Well at least that will be a reasonable fight for Hornbuckle....I like that Hornbuckle is getting this experience but I did think that the competition wasn't stiff enough. Now it should be much better.
Giant_Ochai
12/21/09 3:06:14PM
That's quite a group of welterweights. I don't see anyone being able to cope with Askren's sick genetic gifts, but Hornbuckle will be the best bet.
emac_cleary
12/21/09 4:02:01PM
this is great news i've been waiting to see who would pick jimmy up. met him at the after party of ufc 105 and is a really humble guy. will be tough against the wrestler but i see jimmy winning this. war judo jimmy
Budgellism
12/21/09 9:14:52PM
I am definitely going to be watching this season. There's a shitload of up and comers that I'm very interested in watching. It looks like the WW division will be very exciting. I can't wait to see who they will find to challenge Alvarez for the LW belt.

WAR Alvarez.
prozacnation1978
12/22/09 12:25:09AM
i hope bellator is on espn this season and not just espn deportes
MMAcca
12/22/09 5:28:00AM
As glad as i am to see that Wallhead has finally been signed to a 'big' promotion, i also think he should have dropped to LW and this decision will hinder him on the world stage.

Even so........WAR JUDO!!
karn501
12/22/09 10:04:46AM

Posted by MMAcca

As glad as i am to see that Wallhead has finally been signed to a 'big' promotion, i also think he should have dropped to LW and this decision will hinder him on the world stage.

Even so........WAR JUDO!!

cowcatcher
12/22/09 10:19:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i hope bellator is on espn this season and not just espn deportes

i thought they signed on with foxsports, but i might be wrong on that.