Brian Stann thinks he beat Michael Bisping, doesn't want to fight 'up-and-comers'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brian Stann thinks he beat Michael Bisping, doesn't want to fight 'up-and-comers'
SmileR
9/27/12 12:10:29PM

Brian Stann thinks he beat Michael Bisping, doesn't want to fight 'up-and-comers'
By Jesse Holland ON SEP 26, 11:30A
Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
UFC Middleweight Brian Stann admits bias, but still believes he was the better man against Michael Bisping at the UFC 152 pay-per-view last week in Toronto.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) eliminated yet another contender from its middleweight title race following a unanimous decision win for Michael Bisping over Brian Stann at the UFC 152: "Jones vs. Belfort" pay-per-view (PPV) event last Saturday night (Sept. 22, 2012) at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

There's just one problem.

The "All American" believes it was he -- not "The Count" -- who did enough to deserve the decision. And as he told the UFC on FUEL TV post-fight show (via MMA Torch), he's not the only one who feels that way.

"[I'm] disappointed obviously. Dana came back after the fight and told me he thought I won the fight. Of course I am going to be biased, I was in there and I thought I won. I have to take an analytical view. I knew it was going to be close, but I thought I won the fight. I think I could still fight the good contenders, I don't think I go back to fighting the up and comers. I think if I get two big wins in a row, I can get right back to a fight that means something. There are a lot of us to who have gotten there, fall down and then come back. That is what I have to do."

Link
Budgellism
9/27/12 12:11:57PM
I'm not sure I agree with that Stann.
JLS1980
9/27/12 12:14:05PM
I'm not a Bisping fan at all and I saw a clear Win for Bisping. Just stop it Stann.

Click on the link(post #1) and Stann just has that look like I just got my ass beat as he's hugging Bisping.
Wallass
9/27/12 12:15:57PM
I'm a Stann fan but I believe anyone who saw the fight thinks that Bisping won.
Theoutlaw08
9/27/12 12:43:57PM
Stann if you are in doubt about the fight you shouldnt have left it in the judges hands.
Poor_Franklin
9/27/12 1:24:32PM
It seems like we get a new Brian Stann quote every week, Is he on some kind of speaking tour?
ghandikush
9/27/12 1:28:03PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Stann if you are in doubt about the fight you shouldnt have left it in the judges hands.

Its not easy to finish someone. I like the idea of most eliminations fights being 5 rounds. I know it couldnt have happened on a card with two other 5 rounders but in the scheme of things noone likes Bispings half ass decisions to Stann and Sonnen. In 5 rounds someone should have some kind of lead.
kopower
9/27/12 2:02:18PM
Maybe Stann needs to go back and rewatch the fight. He pretty clearly lost 2 rounds.
Goatenstein
9/27/12 2:05:17PM
Bisping won. Stann will never get a title shot unless he's a late replacement or something.
kingsmasher
9/27/12 2:43:50PM
Wow Brian Stann...he no way no how won that fight not even close...he can only blame himself...He had terrible gameplan...well I dont know if he even had a gameplan but he shoulda turned it into a brawl...especially after he rocked Bisping...instead he stayed at arms length of Bisping...

he didnt train at Jacksons for the fight I guess due to the recent loss of his brother in law...the way I see it is he didnt even train to be the best he could be...no pun intended....he didnt give the fans the best Stann he could and he didnt give himself the best chance....training in Ga I think he suffered what looked like a gameplan and cardio.....fighters get paid alot I wish all took it like they dont win they dont eat...
Shawn91111
9/27/12 3:32:38PM
Brian Stann - Admits To He Lost to Bisping

Stann replied:

@MMAOPcom that article was a segment of an interview right after the fight, I lost fair n square, hard to tell when you are in there

@BrianStann: As always, you are gracious in victory & defeat. To be clear, our issue is w/ @DanaWhite's assessment of the fight, *not* you.

@MMAOPcom he said that right after and probably had 5 phone calls and 10 people talk to him during the fight, relax

LINK
BuffaloDave
9/27/12 3:36:38PM
Maybe if Stann would have pushed the pressure and didn't try and box with Michael he would have won. Worst thing he did was try and box with him, He should know Bisping doesn't have that one punch KO power, it takes a lot of punches before Bisping puts someone away. Just bum rush him, Should have used the WandMill...
Theoutlaw08
9/27/12 3:55:45PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Its not easy to finish someone. I like the idea of most eliminations fights being 5 rounds. I know it couldnt have happened on a card with two other 5 rounders but in the scheme of things noone likes Bispings half ass decisions to Stann and Sonnen. In 5 rounds someone should have some kind of lead.

Never said it was easy to finish someone. But he has doubt in his mind, he should have done something different to either finish it or look more dominant in the fight.
Shawn91111
9/27/12 4:00:49PM
n/m

shaneTpain
9/27/12 5:42:28PM
"up & comers" are the only fighters you can win against Stann! you suck.
george112
9/27/12 5:53:03PM
Stann needs to learn his place

Just because your a commentator sometimes doesn't mean you have all of this popularity and pull with the UFC

You got beat. Deal and move on. Make yourself look good against the up and comers
LightsOUT23
9/27/12 6:27:02PM
Stann vs Munoz up next ...
Chael_Sonnen
9/27/12 6:33:11PM

Posted by shaneTpain

You say Stann "sucks"

You deserve to be beaten via pool ball in sock - - - Steven Seagal "Out for Justice' style.

Horrible
Bubbles
9/27/12 6:57:35PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by shaneTpain

You say Stann "sucks"

You deserve to be beaten via pool ball in sock - - - Steven Seagal "Out for Justice' style.

Horrible

he's just bitter because he lost his av bet to me by picking Stann
shaneTpain
9/27/12 10:19:55PM
bjj1605
9/27/12 10:48:31PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by shaneTpain

You say Stann "sucks"

Horrible

At least Stann came to his senses when he rewatched the fight.

Every jiu jitsu match I've ever lost (which isn't many ) I felt like I won right afterwards. Only when I tried to explain to other people how I had been "robbed", did I realize how stupid my excuses sounded when I said them out loud.
airkerma
9/28/12 10:00:40AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by shaneTpain

You say Stann "sucks"

Horrible

Phew I was about to say shanes account must have been hacked, just like my twitter account when it sounds like all of my tweets were from someone very drunk...certainly not me, haxors.
NaturalBornKiller92
9/28/12 11:23:40AM
No way did he win that fight. As much as I like Stann I don't believe he is going to knock off anyone in the top 5. He is tough and durable and has knockout power. His hands aren't as developed as Bispings though and that led to his demise in this one.
frizzzlecake
9/28/12 12:42:24PM

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

No way did he win that fight. As much as I like Stann I don't believe he is going to knock off anyone in the top 5. He is tough and durable and has knockout power. His hands aren't as developed as Bispings though and that led to his demise in this one.

I think not being able to stop Bispings takedowns was the demise of Stann,

I thought Stann's resverse in the second was awesome, you don't see many 185'rs reverse position with a push off like he did. Stann is one strong motha.

I thought Stann won it standing, his punches were clearly doing more damage and constantly had Spitsberg on his bike.

The striking Margin was close according to FightMetric, which surprised me as Bising threw a good amount at Stann on the ground. Which validates my opinion on who won the standing part of the fight.

I would like to see Stann fight Okami personally.